Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 12:57:45 PM EDT
Key US lawmakers are blocking about $200 million in Palestinian aid in response to the territories' UN statehood bid, congressional aides said Saturday.

Members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee have frozen the funding "until the Palestinian statehood issue is sorted out," one of the aides told AFP.

The economic package is separate from security aid, which the US lawmakers say would be counterproductive to block. They fear that withholding those funds would weaken the ability of Palestinian security forces to quell anti-Israel violence.

A coalition of Israel-backing Democrats and conservative Republican lawmakers are angered by the Palestinian bid for United Nations membership. Both the United States and Israel insist that only direct negotiations can produce an accord leading to Palestinian statehood.

US lawmakers earlier warned against the Palestinian bid.

"There must be consequences for Palestinian and UN actions that undermine any hope for true and lasting peace," Republican Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who chairs the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said on September 23.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-congress-freezes-200-million-aid-palestinians-172351178.html
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Haters, they just don't like poor brown people
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If it were me, I'd tell the Palis to pay us back every cent we gave them, but good luck with that
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Key US lawmakers are blocking about $200 million in Palestinian aid in response to the territories' UN statehood bid, congressional aides said Saturday.

$200 million? Heck, Arafat's widow probably has that much stashed away in her apartment in Paris. Let her help with funding any Palestinian efforts with the money her husband stole from his own people.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Only the Palestinians?  Why not everybody else?  Why should we give aid when we're broke?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Only the Palestinians?  Why not everybody else?  Why should we give aid when we're broke?

Especially when they all fucking hate us anyway
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Millions for tribute, but not one cent for defense!

I think I got that quote right....
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
don't freeze it, kill it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]
1)  Don't give those barbarians money.

2)  Poison their water supply.

3)  ???
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
don't freeze it, kill it.

This. Let those benevolent, peace-loving Syrians and Iranians cough up some coin.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
1)  Don't give those barbarians money.
2)  Poison their water supply.
3) Profit.
4)  ???

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Good!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here's a happy little thought to cheer you up: $200 Million is chump change in terms of the federal budget.

On the other hand, think about how much YOU paid in federal income taxes last year, and then figure out how many people it took to come up with this money - all for a bunch of genocidal terrorists who hate our guts.

Poppycock.

If we pay them enough, they'll stop being terrorists.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#14]
To quote the wife "COOL ITS ABOUT TIME!"  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Why would we give these people money when Americans are doing without?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Look at it another way:

Why are taxes so high that the Feds have a surplus to give away?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially when they all fucking hate us anyway

^ This is what I was going to post.^
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

because were nucking futs!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#20]
We should have done this much sooner.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Serious answer; because those that do the deciding on these matters are not, themselves, doing without.

The political class in this country has set itself apart from the electorate who pay to support them in the princely manner in which they live.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Let's cut any money to the U.N. too.  F*ck them since they hate us anyway.  Now, how do we drive them out of New York.  Can NYPD do it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#23]
" Why you dissin my Peeps?"

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Breaks my heart. I wouldn't give them the sweat off my testicles.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Key US lawmakers are blocking about $200 million in Palestinian aid in response to the territories' terrorists UN statehood bid, congressional aides said Saturday.

Members of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee have frozen the funding "until the Palestinian statehood issue is sorted out," one of the aides told AFP.

The economic package is separate from security aid, which the US lawmakers say would be counterproductive to block. They fear that withholding those funds would weaken the ability of Palestinian security forces to quell anti-Israel violence.

A coalition of Israel-backing Democrats and conservative Republican lawmakers are angered by the Palestinian bid for United Nations membership. Both the United States and Israel insist that only direct negotiations can produce an accord leading to Palestinian statehood.

US lawmakers earlier warned against the Palestinian bid.

"There must be consequences for Palestinian and UN actions that undermine any hope for true and lasting peace," Republican Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who chairs the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said on September 23.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-congress-freezes-200-million-aid-palestinians-172351178.html

Fixed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I agree

We should not be giving aid to anybody, especially countries that are not our staunch allies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#27]
The USA should not give them any money.
let their Muslim brothers help them out, but I dont think they like the Palestinians either
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there a candidate running that supports cutting off all foreign aid until we have our budget deficit fixed?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Good, it's about time.  The Palestinians are the Welfare Queens of the Arab world.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This. ALL foreign aid needs to be stopped NOW!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The USA should not give them any money.
let their Muslim brothers help them out, but I dont think they like the Palestinians either

No one in the Muslim world cares about the Palestinians except to use them as a pawn to destroy Israel.

Yup, which is exactly why no Arab state will accept them. They're too valuable to use as a means to gin up hate for Israel.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top