User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 4:00:07 AM EDT
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27355[/url]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:17:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27355[/url]
View Quote

Read the article and can't tell if this was correct or not.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
What, WND *wants* another Jonathan Pollard?

Seems clear enough to me.  Divided loyalties == no clearance.  BFD.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Serve in a foreign military, lose your clearance.
Seems reasonable.
Does this mean he's an evil, traitorous spy?
No.

I have a friend, also a Major, who is an Intel Officer, USMC.
He lived for a while in Israel, did not serve in the military, but did serve in their Militia-like security force (armed with an M14).

The Corps considers HIS Israeli experience to be an asset.  
His security clearance is intact.
As is his loyalty to the US.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#4]
From the WND "article:"
In an Army "Subject of Investigation" report supplied by Pine, military officials said his clearance was revoked for reasons of "foreign influence" and "foreign preference."
View Quote

Ever had a security clearance? I have. DIA/CIA/FBI don't want to see any kind of vulnerability to foreign influence in someone who will be entrusted with secrets. That should be obvious and righteous to anyone, but apparently when it comes to Israel, the US is somehow expected to give them a pass.

After all, they're our allies and [subliminal advertisement][i]Johnathan Pollard[/i][/subliminal advertisement] they would never run an intelligence operation against America, would they?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Pollard is a spy.
Period.

The above mentioned Marine once got an Air Force General in HUGE TROUBLE, because the General revealed info, at a briefing, to a pair of French and British Generals.
The info was not of any real import, but the means that acquired said info was TOP SECRET.

The Marine, then a 2ndLt, told the General not to reveal the info.
The General then chewed the Lt a new one, and told him not to worry about it.
The Lt then called the Joint Chiefs.

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pollard is a spy.
Period.
View Quote

Pollard is an American citizen with divided loyalties. The Israelis paid him handsomely to reveal the secrets of his nation to a foreign power. It makes sense to me that the DIA/CIA/FBI would try to be diligent in keeping classified materials out of the hands of those who show a similar bent toward divided loyalties.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:03:37 AM EDT
[#7]
[size=4]Army reinstates Jewish officer's clearance[/size=4]
[b]Major 'appreciative' of action but says matter isn't over[/b]

Posted: May 16, 2002
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jon Dougherty
© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

The U.S. Army has reinstated the security clearance of a Jewish officer who said he believes he initially lost his classification because American officials suspected him of spying for Israel.

Maj. Shawn Pine told WorldNetDaily that a three-member panel of military officers reinstated his clearance earlier this week after revoking it last fall.

"I am appreciative that the board members displayed a level of integrity that I have found lacking in many segments of the Army as I underwent this ordeal," he said. "I am also grateful that I live in a country in which a method for redress and rectifying miscarriages of justice is available."

Pine, a former member of the U.S. Army Rangers, was in command of the 300th Military Intelligence Company [Linguist] in Austin, Texas, when his Top Secret security clearance was revoked. He said Army officials took away his status after he informed them that he performed reserve military duty for the Israel Defense Force, or IDF, for a short time in 1996.

Born in the U.S., Pine and his family immigrated to Israel when he was 17. There, he was conscripted for military service and served in the famed Golani Brigade.

After his discharge, he left Israel and came back to the U.S. to attend college. He chose a career in the military and served a total of nine years in the U.S. Army.

In 1995, however, he went back to Israel for two years to attend Hebrew University to study for his doctorate. The following year the IDF called him up.

At the time, he said he told Israeli authorities that he had renounced his Israeli citizenship and that he was currently an officer in the U.S. Army Reserve. He also said he contacted the U.S. Embassy in Israel and sought advice from American officials, but they told him he was "required to obey Israeli laws."

Upon his return to the U.S., he said he re-enlisted in the active Army Reserve and assumed command of the 300th MI Company. But Pine said his trouble began last summer when a normal periodic re-investigation for his security clearance came up, and he divulged that he had done reserve time in the IDF four years earlier, patrolling the Israel-Jordan border for 30 days.

In interviews, Army officials told WND the problem with Pine was not his education, but procedure; some factors make soldiers and officers "ineligible" for counterintelligence work.

Lt. Col. Stan Heath, a spokesman for the Army's personnel command, indicated the Army initially may have believed Pine's past – and the fact that he still has family in Israel – left him vulnerable to blackmail and other pressures exerted by the Jewish state.

In a "Subject of Investigation" report, the Army said Pine's clearance was revoked for reasons of "foreign influence" and "foreign preference."

See remainder of article at:[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27639[/url]

Eric The(Updating)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks as if Justice may have visited this scene.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:59:07 AM EDT
[#9]
He wasn't an "art student" when he went back to Israel for school in 1995, was he?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#10]
by Cincinnatus:
Serve in a foreign military, lose your clearance.
Seems reasonable.
Does this mean he's an evil, traitorous spy?
No.
View Quote

by Jarhead_22:
Ever had a security clearance? I have. DIA/CIA/FBI don't want to see any kind of vulnerability to foreign influence in someone who will be entrusted with secrets. That should be obvious and righteous to anyone, but apparently when it comes to Israel, the US is somehow expected to give them a pass.
View Quote

Yeah, what them guys said.

Just cuz he lost his security clearance doesn't mean anything about him individually, necesarily.

But the larger point is this.....

Consistent with my US sovereignty position, and my HATRED of one-world gov't ideology, ALL foreign nationals employed by their gov'ts should lose their security clearance.

Its OBVIOUS their loyalty lies somewhere OTHER than the US. "Can't trust 'em with cheese, let alone your keys. With friends like that you don't need no enemies..." [i]Friends[/i], by the rap group Whodini (blast from the past, 1980's style)

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:14:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a righteous dude to me!

Imagine what those Yankees must have thought when Major Gen. Joseph 'Fightin' Joe' Wheeler, formerly of the CSA, was chosen to head the United States forces during the Spanish-American War!

[img]http://www.wheelerplantation.org/images/JoeWCSA.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.zpub.com/cpp/caw2.jpg[/img]

Apparently, security wasn't much of an issue back then, eh?

Eric The(Historical)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Eric -

I imagine yer pics are more posted in jest, but for clarities sake.....

I don't think you can compare rival US factions (Yankees and Confderates) who simply have different views of achieving the same objective with factions from DIFFERENT NATIONS (US gov't agents vs. foreign gov't agents) who have COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OBJECTIVES.

FWIW, while born a Yankee, I pretty much side with Jefferson Davis, as far as the un-Civil War goes.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:34:26 AM EDT
[#13]
FWIW, [b]garandman[/b], I don't think you can compare someone who fought in a Rebel Army against the United States with someone who honorably served in the United States armed forces, not once, but twice, simply because he also served honorably in another army that did [u]not[/u] declare war on the United States!

BTW, I am an unreconstructed Confederate and view the whole Appomattox thing as an unfortunate occurrence that will be rectified one day.[:D]

Eric The(IfItHasn'tAlready)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:38:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Im no fan of Israel, that is for sure.  But I think that the DIA investigators should better spend their time worrying about the loyalties of a certain Western US based religious group that has IMHO almost taken over the Special Ops and MI branches.  But of course it has nothing to do with divided loyalties, they are just using the Army as a place to learn another language for their future mission work. RIGHT????????????????  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FWIW, [b]garandman[/b], I don't think you can compare someone who fought in a Rebel Army against the United States with someone who honorably served in the United States armed forces, not once, but twice, simply because he also served honorably in another army that did [u]not[/u] declare war on the United States!

:)]
View Quote

Well, I've read that three times, and STILL have no idea what it means, other than you know more than I do about this period of history....

but, FWIW, I view Jeff Davis and the Confederacy as MUCH more in line with the Founding Fathers intent for the future of this nation, and Lincoln as the unwitting chief architect and cornerstone layer for much of the abuses committed by the Fed gov;t today.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#16]
[size=4]Wheeler At Santiago[/size=4]

Into the thick of the fight he went, pallid and sick and wan,
Borne in an ambulance to the front, a ghostly wisp of a man;
But the fighting soul of a fighting man, approved in the long ago,
Went to the front in that ambulance and the body of Fighting Joe.

Out from the front they were coming back, smitten of Spanish shells-
Wounded boys from the Vermont hills and the Alabama dells;
"Put them into this ambulance; I’ll ride to the front," he said:
And he climbed to the saddle and rode right on, that little old ex-Confed.

From end to end of the long blue ranks rose up the ringing cheers,
And many a powder-blackened face furrowed with sodden tears,
As with flashing eyes and gleaming sword, and hair and beard of snow,
Into the hell of shot and shell road little old Fighting Joe!

Sick with fever and racked with pain, he could not stay away,
For he heard the song of the yester-years in the deep-mouthed cannon’s bay –
He heard in the calling song of the guns there was work for him to do,
Where his country’s best blood splashed and flowed ‘round the old Red, White and Blue.

Fevered body and hero heart! This Union’s heart to you
Beats cut in love and reverence --- and to each dear boy in blue
Who stood or fell mid the shot and shell, and cheered in the face of the foe,
As, wan and white, to the heart of the fight rode little old Fighting Joe!

---- James Lindsay Gordon in the New York Tribune
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:04:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I maybe should explain that poem.

"[During one of the most active engagements of the Cuban campaign during the Spanish-American War,] General Wheeler started on the two-mile journey to the front in an ambulance [suffering from yellow fever]. About half-way to the front, he met some litters bearing wounded. The veteran [Wheeler], against the protest of the surgeons, immediately ordered his horse, and after personally assisting the wounded into the ambulance, mounted and rode onward. The men burst into frantic cheers, which followed the General all along the line." – Correspondence, New York Tribune.]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#18]
OK, I get the poem, and the "by-line" ....

...but could you insert some NAMES in the following quote, so I can figger out WHO you are trying to compare / NOT compare, giving it context as to how that relates to my post which says Jewish military personnel are NOT comparable to Johnny Rebs???

Quoted:
FWIW, [b]garandman[/b], I don't think you can compare [insert name here] who fought in a Rebel Army against the United States with [insert name here]  who honorably served in the United States armed forces, not once, but twice, simply because  [insert name here]also served honorably in another army [insert name here] that did [u]not[/u] declare war on the United States!

View Quote

garand(WhatTheDevilAreYouTalkin'About)man

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#19]
A security clearance is a privilege, not a right.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A security clearance is a privilege, not a right.
View Quote

And revokable pretty much at the will of the granting agency.

Pretty much says it all.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Why is the fact that he's a Jew even relevant?  Shouldn't it read "US Army strips former Israeli soldier of security clearance?"

And then of course, he goes on to say that there is an "anti-Israel" bias in the military.  Thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

How many Christians have lost security clearances?  Would a Christian Major losing his be headlines?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why is the fact that he's a Jew even relevant?  Shouldn't it read "US Army strips former Israeli soldier of security clearance?"

And then of course, he goes on to say that there is an "anti-Israel" bias in the military.  Thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

How many Christians have lost security clearances?  Would a Christian Major losing his be headlines?
View Quote

Oddly, graves, its the "Christian" / religious set that are the MOST adamant about treating Jewish persons like "royalty" SIMPLY because they ARE Jewish.

But I find this "religious" set to be woefully ignorant of the Scriptures. Ones like -

[i]34And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly I now perceive and understand that [/i][b]God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons,[/b](yeah, that INCLUDES Jewish ancestry as well as ALL OTHER ancestries)
[i]35But in[/i][b] every nation [/b][i]he who venerates and has a reverential fear for God, treating Him with worshipful obedience and living uprightly, is acceptable to Him and [5] sure of being received and welcomed [by Him].
.[/i]

(The Amplified Bible)

Acceptance by men is IRRELEVANT, as men are sinful, capricious, and incapable of judging rightly.

ONLY acceptance by God matters.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#23]
[b]garandman[/b], I may be ignorant on many a subject, but the Bible is simply not one of them.[:D]

And you know we don't think the same about it at all.

Eric The(HonestToGod!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#24]
$132 Billion, christ what did we buy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top