Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 5:51:07 PM EDT
My Classroom instructer was telling us stories of student a few classes ago that was a US Air force special ranger.  Apparently a fitness buff also.  He was in the driver's gym on the treadmill one day and didn't have the key hooked to his shirt.  Of couse we all know that US Air Force Special Rangers don't need safety items, and that they can run 100 paces a minute forever.  Well this Special Ranger set the treadmill to that very speed and got on, sometime later, no doubt several hours, his pants fell down. Causing him to trip and strike his Uber tactical head on the treadmill knocking him smooth the fuck out.  The treadmill promptly transported mister Ranger to the rear of the unit and left his head resting on the end until it rubbed through to clean white bone.  

Upon return from the hospitial, 3 days later he was discovered taking a special Ranger power nap.  In the drop yard, with his legs in a pot hole, a pot hole filled with water, and oil and the bandages from his head.

Later that day as he was put on the bus after getting his medical DQ he awed our instructer with stories of the Rangers and how he was going back to them to "kill japs"
He was last seen selling Beef Jerkey and Hellfire triggers.

How are people so fucking stupid?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
huh?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Strange story, probably because I can't follow it

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]
where's that picture of the bunny?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
grrr, ur 'tards.  My driving instructer was telling us about a student he had recently that was probably not only an arfcommer but works gunshows.  He claimed to be a "us air force special ranger"  and then the story tells of some of the fun stuff lol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think that may be a contributing factor...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Back when I was in the AF our base always had one slot for RANGER school. You were sent tdy and if you passed you wore the RANGER tab on your AF uniform.  Not alot passed. Most washed out from injuries. There were at least 2 instructors at Camp Bullis that were Ranger Qualified for the NCO course.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:59:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, one thing is for sure.

I'm am positive that he was, indeed, a "Special Ranger".
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
grrr, ur 'tards.  My driving instructer was telling us about a student he had recently that was probably not only an arfcommer but works gunshows.  He claimed to be a "us air force special ranger"  and then the story tells of some of the fun stuff lol.

wait.....Driving Instructor?  As in.....learner's permits and such?

BC
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#9]
yeah  ok    
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#10]
DD 214.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:11:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
DD 214.  Problem solved.

I'll be classified.  

G13 classified even.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Several USAF SPs wore Ranger tabs at Volant Scorpion.  

One of the most fit and frankly toughest AF guys I ever met washed out of Ranger school due to an injury.    He was trying to go back last I heard in 90-91ish.   He was cadre at VS.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:16:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DD 214.  Problem solved.

I'll be classified.  

G13 classified even.

"Sterilized" (of all things related to his service in the Special Rangers.)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:18:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Several USAF SPs wore Ranger tabs at Volant Scorpion.  

One of the most fit and frankly toughest AF guys I ever met washed out of Ranger school due to an injury.    He was trying to go back last I heard in 90-91ish.   He was cadre at VS.

Nobody's bagging on the AF here...The PJs are some of the single most
tough SOBs I've ever seen.

It's possible to have a Ranger tab in the AF.

It's just that you won't be in the Air Force Special Rangers, because
no such unit exists.....

Of course, that may e what the AF WANTS us to think.....  Hmmmm
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#16]
LOL, Dusty - what happened to your trash the Air Force thread bud?

Kinda backfired on ya.  And it could have been so damn funny too...  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
he was going back to them to "kill japs"

US Air Force Special Rangers have time machine now?  That's so cool I just crapped my pants.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They parachute out of the short, yellow airplanes.

Photoshop challenge: C-130 chopped reallllly short, change the color to yellow and put blue handicapped stickers on it!!!!

Please....someone do this!!!!

Bonus points for people in wheelchairs being dumped out the doors or the back!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Something to get you started, from onion.com

The Very Special Ranger
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:41:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Back when I was in the AF our base always had one slot for RANGER school. You were sent tdy and if you passed you wore the RANGER tab on your AF uniform.  Not alot passed. Most washed out from injuries. There were at least 2 instructors at Camp Bullis that were Ranger Qualified for the NCO course.

I work with two (we had five at one time) Ranger tab-wearing members in my squadron.  They are required to secure a Pre-Ranger (All AF) course and pass.  After passing Pre-Ranger, they must secure an (Army) Ranger slot and complete, if possible.  

According to the latest AF Uniform Board results, the AF members in my squadron have to remove the tabs from their uniforms. (along with Army jump wings and Air Assault badges)

B_S

Edit to add:  One of the Ranger school grads was a Services troop (cook).  He wears Ranger tab, Air Assault, jump wings, and recently cross trained into TACP.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work with two (we had five at one time) Ranger tab-wearing members in my squadron.  They are required to secure a Pre-Ranger (All AF) course and pass.  After passing Pre-Ranger, they must secure an (Army) Ranger slot and complete, if possible.  

According to the latest AF Uniform Board results, thel AF members in my squadron have to remove the tabs from their uniforms. (along with Army jump wings and Air Assault badges)

B_S

That board is just full of some real jems.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#22]
BEST PART: uber tactical head
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:58:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Where's my IGNORE button... I desperately need it.

oh... here it is...

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Back in the old days we had a "Defender" tab too. It was for guys that graduated from the ABGD school. There may have been an additional requirement too, but I can't remember that far back. We did have a couple of guys that were Ranger tabbed in our unit.

Special rangers were always in the SSDG unit as I recall...........
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

According to the latest AF Uniform Board results, the AF members in my squadron have to remove the tabs from their uniforms. (along with Army jump wings and Air Assault badges)

B_S

Edit to add:  One of the Ranger school grads was a Services troop (cook).  He wears Ranger tab, Air Assault, jump wings, and recently cross trained into TACP.  

The AF Rule has always been only those that earned the badge are are assigned to direct Army support (TACP,etc) can wear the tab.  The uniform board just "re affrims" the rule every board because the damn issue keeps coming up every year.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The Very Special Ranger

IBTL!

Links to this story have been banned!  You should consider editing...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Special rangers were always in the SSDG unit as I recall...........

That's "Space Rangers"  them other idiots are just posers that want to be in the SSDG program.

SEMPER FLI
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I knew a guy who was an extra special ranger air force gas pumper in the guard.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Uh oh they do exist! I jumped a kids ass when he was straight out of Airforce boot camp for wearing an Army CIB, SEAL Trident, Jump wings and USMC dive bubbles along with his National Defense ribbon a while back. I didnt know about AF Special Rangers!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wait.....Driving Instructor?  As in.....learner's permits and such?

BC

CDL A's.  Kinda hard to do without going to school.  I'm in Dallas right now in truck driving school.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top