its workforce would need congressional approval and would face fierce
opposition from postal unions.  But if approved, eliminating contract
provisions that prevent layoffs and quitting the federal employee health
and retirement programs could have ramifications for workers across the
government and throughout the national’s labor movement

if its a dupe.. delete!

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise, but I had no idea the USPS employs 600,000 people
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise, but I had no idea the USPS employs 600,000 people

That's a hell of a lot of people.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are a hell of a lot of post offices!

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
But the Government is supposed to create jobs, I don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I gotta believe working for the USPS has to be a special kind of hell if you are middle management.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
good!
at my local PO, only ONE fucking gun knows how to do anything. if he is sick, the place all but shuts down!
i ask the other employees if they will watch and learn how he does mass mailings when the smart guy returns.. they look at me like i just asked them for the square root of 56

fuck those people. want to see something disgusting? go to your local court house, wait till 4 pm, there will be a flood of federal and state employees rushing out, its like the start of a marathon!
bunch of pikers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
email killed snail-mail
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I gotta believe working for the USPS has to be a special kind of hell if you are middle management.

It is the worst job on the planet.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

email killed snail-mail

But at the same time, online shopping and ebay made up for it.

At least I would think so. The cheapest, smallest package I can mail costs what, $5.00 ?

Compared to a stamp that's a big difference.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

good!

at my local PO, only ONE fucking gun knows how to do anything. if he is sick, the place all but shuts down!

i ask the other employees if they will watch and learn how he does mass mailings when the smart guy returns.. they look at me like i just asked them for the square root of 56

fuck those people. want to see something disgusting? go to your local court house, wait till 4 pm, there will be a flood of federal and state employees rushing out, its like the start of a marathon!

bunch of pikers.

He'll be the one they let go, due to "seniority"...

Why not put those big PO Box clusters at the end of every street here in the city?  It could cut the workforce by 75% in my neighborhood!  I wouldn't mind having to walk a block to get my mail and the time saved from them having to hit every house would be huge.  New housing developments have them, so why not "retro-fit" us?

Eric  

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of stamps need to be licked.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I had to have an inspector threaten my local post office with mail fraud. Think about that. They employ an assload of sheer idiots.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Well, when you're broke you don't have much choice.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#15]
If they go on strike would anyone notice?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:57:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Ya know what's weird..I heard a commercial featuring the voices of postal workers that said "We don't use one penny of taxpayer money".

What is taxpayer money being used for,pensions.Or was the commercial complete propaganda bullshit ?

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:59:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Another solid Win in both Union and .gov columns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top