Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/1/2009 5:17:53 PM EDT
WHO ELSE IS TIRED OF THE USC, NOTRE DAME, OHIO STATE, OKLAHOMA, BOISE STATE suck fest?!

will somebody please tell me why cincinnati is ranked in the top 5... wtf have they played?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
and what is your top 5?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
BCS STANDINGS

1Florida8-0
2Texas8-0
3Alabama8-0
4Iowa9-0
5Cincinnati8-0
6TCU8-0
7Boise State8-0
8Oregon7-1
9LSU7-1
10Georgia Tech8-1
11Penn State8-1
12USC6-2
13Pittsburgh7-1
14Utah7-1
15Houston7-1
16Ohio State7-2
17Miami (FL)6-2
18Arizona5-2
19Oklahoma State6-2
20California6-2

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I *wish* Oklahoma were in that list.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
They shouldn't be in the top 25
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
and what is your top 5?

swap TCU and boise state
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]

freakin penn state losing to Iowa pisses me off

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WHO ELSE IS TIRED OF THE USC, NOTRE DAME, OHIO STATE, OKLAHOMA, BOISE STATE suck fest?!

will somebody please tell me why cincinnati is ranked in the top 5... wtf have they played?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

freakin penn state losing to Iowa pisses me off

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate the BCS.  This coming from a Gator.  I said it last year: even if the Gators win the BCS, it's still stupid.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Florida loses to Alabama; Texas loses in the B12 championship, Iowa loses to Ohio State =

Cincinnati vs Alabama BCS National Championship game.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Florida loses to Alabama; Texas loses in the B12 championship, Iowa loses to Ohio State =

Bama or UF's defense would destroy Cinci.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

smokin the ganj tonight?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I *wish* Oklahoma were in that list.

Whoever is voting for Oklahoma in the polls is either smoking crack or getting their pole smoked by Stoops. The computers have them at .0000

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#16]
WTF's wrong with Notre Dame
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LSU beats Bama and then beats Fla.

Texas loses to A&M

Cinn gets jumped on SOS if TCU beats Utah.

Leaves Iowa and TCU for the Nat. Championship.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You owe me a new keyboard.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas loses to A&M

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Yeah I know, but I been throwing out all of those everytime everyone assumes that the SEC champ is in automatically.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I somewhat agree with the OP, USC being ranked 12 after barely putting away most teams this year they get completely blown out and can still be ranked #12?  That is a joke and an embarrasment to the sport.  But unfortunantly the wacky rankings are college football.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. Yeah I know, but I been throwing out all of those everytime everyone assumes that the SEC champ is in automatically.

good man. according to nonpartisan fans they shouldn't even play the games when it comes to the sec playing other conferences!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas loses to A&M

Iowa will not beat Ohio State. No way, no how. We've got a date at the Rose Bowl for some Duck hunting.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas loses to A&M

Iowa will not beat Ohio State. No way, no how. We've got a date at the Rose Bowl for some Duck hunting.  

and boise state won't get a bowl game
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas loses to A&M

and boise state won't get a bowl game

they can play tulsa again!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Oregon, ranked #10, crushed #5, USC.

Oregon is now only #8 and USC is only down to #12?

shenanigans, I say!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Boise State, TCU and Cincinnati have no business being ranked in the top 10. Boise State maybe since they beat Oregon first day of the season, but otherwise it's absurd...

I assure you TCU is a top 10 team.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas loses to A&M

You might as well hope to get abducted by an alien spaceship full of Jessica Biel clones for breeding purposes as to hope LSU will beat both UA and UF.  First, LSU isn't that good.   Second, there is no reason, none, for UF not to be undefeated by the end of the SEC championship game.  I love to hate UF as much as the next UGA fan, but they are a damn good team.  They're better than last year, and that team was good.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Why should TCU, Boise, and Cinci not get a chance? They handled their business so far havent they?  I'm not a fan of any of them but come on what else do you want Ohio State or some other fraud in the top ten? Dont you remember what Utah did to Alabama last year or what Boise did to Oklahoma a couple years ago?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boise State, TCU and Cincinnati have no business being ranked in the top 10. Boise State maybe since they beat Oregon first day of the season, but otherwise it's absurd...

When they play a real schedule, in a real conference, then they can be a top ten team.  The fucking MWC is a joke, much like the Big East and the WAC.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas loses to A&M

how many times has Ohio St.  been to the National Championship and lost??
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And never mind the bullshit of USC only dropping to #12. That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen. Belay that - USC only dropping a few spots after losing to UNREANKED Washington was a bigger farce. USC, Ohio State, and/or Notre Dame will get into a BCS game which is utter and complete bullshit. It's like when Notre Dame made it 2-3 years ago even though they weren't in the top 10 and promptly got crushed by LSU in the Sugar Bowl.

the only quality team boise state played / beat was oregon

please name a quality team that cincinnati has played this year

tcu has a weak schedule. they should be ranked... not in the top 10 though
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

No way possible that Texas will lose in the Big12 championship. The winner of the north will probably be Missouri, Nebraska or K-state and any of those teams will get dominated by texas (Though k-state has a pretty good track record against texas as of late).

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone said Oklahoma would destroy Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl not too long ago, and they said last year Utah had no business even being on the same field as Alabama. Remember the outcomes of those games?

I'm convinced in depth Florida & Bama are stronger teams, but Cincy is VERY capable of beating them. Would they? Who knows, we'd have to see them play.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And never mind the bullshit of USC only dropping to #12. That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever seen. Belay that - USC only dropping a few spots after losing to UNREANKED Washington was a bigger farce. USC, Ohio State, and/or Notre Dame will get into a BCS game which is utter and complete bullshit. It's like when Notre Dame made it 2-3 years ago even though they weren't in the top 10 and promptly got crushed by LSU in the Sugar Bowl.

The purpose of that rank is to keep USC in the Rose Bowl, nothing more.  Everyone, including USC, knows they don't belong in the NC game anymore, but the voters love to see a USC v/s somebody Rose Bowl every year.  They could lose every game they have left and they'll be #15, playing in the Rose Bowl.    The ranks are nothing more than justification for bowl placements.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#40]
As much as I hate to say it, I highly doubt Mizzou will win the North this year.  Thier offense is too inconsistant, but like someone else said I doubt Texas will have much trouble with whoever does win the North.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on what?

Based on beating #16(at the time)(now #25) BYU apparently.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas loses to A&M

how many times has Ohio St.  been to the National Championship and lost??

In recent history? Twice. What does that have to do with my prediction that they'll win the Big 10 and play in the Rose Bowl?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on what?

Based on beating #16(at the time)(now #25) BYU apparently.

thats a stretch!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Based on what?

but, but, but... They beat BYU.

Playing one ranked team must mean they should be in the top 5.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The purpose of that rank is to keep USC in the Rose Bowl, nothing more.  Everyone, including USC, knows they don't belong in the NC game anymore, but the voters love to see a USC v/s somebody Rose Bowl every year.  They could lose every game they have left and they'll be #15, playing in the Rose Bowl.    The ranks are nothing more than justification for bowl placements.

The Pac 10 Champion plays against the Big 10 Champion in the Rose Bowl. Rankings and votes don't matter, as things stand right now Oregon is heading to the Rose Bowl.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
 First, LSU isn't that good.   Second, there is no reason, none, for UF not to be undefeated by the end of the SEC championship game.    They're better than last year, and that team was good.

[/div]

So Fla beats LSU by 10 points in a game that realistically could should have gone the other way if it wasn't for turnovers .

BUT LSU isn't any good with that lone loss, yet Fla is a great team and unbeatable?

Nope, that dog don't hunt. No one thinks Fla is better than last year. [except you I guess]

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might as well hope to get abducted by an alien spaceship full of Jessica Biel clones for breeding purposes as to hope LSU will beat both UA and UF.  First, LSU isn't that good.   Second, there is no reason, none, for UF not to be undefeated by the end of the SEC championship game.  I love to hate UF as much as the next UGA fan, but they are a damn good team.  They're better than last year, and that team was good.

The only thing you should take for granted in the SEC is not to take anything for granted. LSU has lost to Florida, and up until recently they haven't played very well. Lately the offense has been clicking pretty good, and 'Bama didn't look very impressive against Tennessee. Are they going to beat Alabama and then UF in the SEC championship game? Probably not. But to just dismiss them as a nobody could come back to bite you in the butt.

It's the SEC. Anything can happen.

Anyone who has watched 'Bama play this year, should realize that they are very beatable.  Florida too.  LSU only lost by 10 points to Florida, and held them to their lowest point total in years.  If LSU's offense played as good then as they are playing now, they very likely would have handed Florida their first loss of the season.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone said Oklahoma would destroy Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl not too long ago, and they said last year Utah had no business even being on the same field as Alabama. Remember the outcomes of those games?

I'm convinced in depth Florida & Bama are stronger teams, but Cincy is VERY capable of beating them. Would they? Who knows, we'd have to see them play.

Cinci is just as capable of beating UA as Utah was last year.  That being said, that's probably the only realistic matchup...Cinci playing UA in the Sugar Bowl, while UF is in the NC game.  That's also probably the best matchup for Cinci...play UA in the Sugar Bowl and beat them.  If they wind up in the NC game playing Florida, it will get real ugly real fast...and that will be the last of anybody giving an undefeated MWC team any credit whatsoever.  The fans of the little conferences love to bring up last year's Sugar Bowl, as proof of their validity...well, a Utah/Alabama result is no more likely than a Hawaii/UGA result...everyone remember how that turned out?  And where did that leave the WAC?  All back of the bus.  They "had their chance".  Just my opinion, but the only team that beat last year's UF team was a Ole Miss team that happened to take a certain Texas team to school last last year...and last year's UF team isn't as good as this one.  Maybe Texas can make a game of the NC game, but I really don't think Cinci or Boise or Iowa would.  Any of them would be a good match for Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, but that's it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top