Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 4:29:28 PM EDT
I didn't watch season 1 when it was on but now that season 2 is out I want to catch up viewing season 1 before viewing season 2.    I am DVRing the current 1st run of season 2 episodes.    But I cannot find a place the view season 1 for free.    I am on Comcast and season 1 is On Demand but costs.   I am also a Amazon Prime subscriber and season 1 is also there but again costs $$$$.  It's on Hulu which I am not a subscriber.  Possibly on Netflix as well but do not subscribe there either.

Looks like I might be able to view it on a Tablet through the USA App but not sure it will be free there either but would prefer to watch it on a big screen tv.   Perhaps when season 2 1st run is through they will make season 1 viewable again for free.

Any other ideas?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If the USA app is anything like the other ones I've used when my DVR missed something that wasn't available anywhere else then you'll also have to deal with non-skippable commercials as well. Whether or not that's a big deal to you is your call, but personally that alone makes Hulu worth it to me.

I actually watched the whole first season on Hulu just last week before starting on the new season which I'd recorded on my DVR so now I'm all caught up. I watched the pilot last season, liked it well enough but had too much other stuff going on to keep up with it every week, even though I did DVR the entire thing. It was just easier (and no commercials to fast forward through) to watch it on Hulu since I have that anyhow.

ETA: Also the USA, SyFy, Name The Channel apps always seem to have a slightly lower quality than the same thing streaming off Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu; I don't know why, but that's what it seems like to me, especially at the beginning of an episode. If worse comes to worst you could always sign up for Hulu's free trial week and watch it, then cancel before it tags your card.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Just watched season 1 a few weeks ago. Can't remember if it was amazon or Netflix. Current on season 2 on Apple TV. 5 episodes. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Netflix has season 1. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Netflix has season 1. 
View Quote
I thought they did but I'm not going to pay just to watch one 10 episodes series.  It's on Amazon Prime too but you have to pay.  It's not much but since it was free on USA network why pay at all!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it a decent show?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Use the prime free trial and cancel after you've watched.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it a decent show?
View Quote
It has its derp moments but I enjoy it. Season 2 has been good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it a decent show?
View Quote
It's okay, for the most part.

Season 1 is very similar to the movie and to the book 'Point of Impact'.

I read the entire series, so not sure where this season is headed off to, but at 10PM on a Tuesday night, it's a pretty good watch
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is it a decent show?
View Quote
It's not Strike Back but it isn't bad at all, I was entertained enough to binge watch the whole first season last week over the course of a couple of days, and then caught up on this season so far off my DVR. As it has been said the first season is like a 10 hour version of the movie, with enough differences that it keeps it feeling fairly fresh; the second season is new stuff (or at least I think so, I've never actually read any of the books) but still interesting enough so far to keep me watching.

And Tom Sizemore totally nailed the part of a smarmy, sarcastic, probably should be institutionalized, yet totally hilarious, CIA black ops guy. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is it a decent show?
View Quote
After a recent topic here on the series I decided I might try it out.   But I waited till season 2 started and missed all the reruns on USA right before season 2 premiered.   I kick myself now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I thought they did but I'm not going to pay just to watch one 10 episodes series.  It's on Amazon Prime too but you have to pay.  It's not much but since it was free on USA network why pay at all!
View Quote
Get a trial membership, watch Shooter, cancel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:54:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is it a decent show?
View Quote
I just finally broke down and gave it a try. First 3 minutes is enough derp to last an entire series. Spoilers for the first 3 minutes of ep 1 follow:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:02:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I just finally broke down and gave it a try. First 3 minutes is enough derp to last an entire series. Spoilers for the first 3 minutes of ep 1 follow:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
It gets better, I almost stopped watching it right there too and am glad I didn't. There's still some stupid shit in the rest of the season, but it's not nearly that bad, my biggest "talking back at the screen" moments (see below) were usually when they showed the sight picture down through a sight. It got much better in that regard in the 2nd season, still not right, but much better.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Listen up Pork!  It's still better than 99% of what's on TV.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Op, do you have a Roku or Chromecast or Apple TV or even a smart TV?  You can download the USA app to the Roku, apple tv or smart tv and watch it from there.  You can mirror your tablet on a Chromecast plugged into the TV.  If you are in LR I can put the first season on a thumbdrive for you but you would have to figure out how to play it on a smart TV through the TV's USB port.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Op, do you have a Roku or Chromecast or Apple TV or even a smart TV?  You can download the USA app to the Roku, apple tv or smart tv and watch it from there.  You can mirror your tablet on a Chromecast plugged into the TV.  If you are in LR I can put the first season on a thumbdrive for you but you would have to figure out how to play it on a smart TV through the TV's USB port.
View Quote
No Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV.   I do have a smart(partial) tv but cannot find the USA App to install.  I did install the USA App on my Tablet but it's only showing the current 6 episodes(so far) of season 2 as available.   None for season 1.  I do have an unused Amazon FireTV stick.   Not sure if that will help though.

Yes I am in LR and might take you up on your offer.  It's not critical at this point.  I'm assuming season 1 will be more available once season 2 has finished.   I might have a way using Netflix but gotta check.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No Roku, Chromecast or Apple TV.   I do have a smart(partial) tv but cannot find the USA App to install.  I did install the USA App on my Tablet but it's only showing the current 6 episodes(so far) of season 2 as available.   None for season 1.  I do have an unused Amazon FireTV stick.   Not sure if that will help though.

Yes I am in LR and might take you up on your offer.  It's not critical at this point.  I'm assuming season 1 will be more available once season 2 has finished.   I might have a way using Netflix but gotta check.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoot me a PM if you want it, I'd be more than willing to share so let me know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It gets better, I almost stopped watching it right there too and am glad I didn't. There's still some stupid shit in the rest of the season, but it's not nearly that bad, my biggest "talking back at the screen" moments (see below) were usually when they showed the sight picture down through a sight. It got much better in that regard in the 2nd season, still not right, but much better.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Yeah, I got through ep 8, and it's mostly okay. I like that there's religious people who are actually religious and not portrayed as crazies. The gun lore is horrible, though, with just enough correct stuff to even further annoy. It's like, if you got THAT far in your research, why didn't you turn the fucking page and keep reading? There's a term for it, which I can't quite remember ATM. Coined from a writer who'd research just enough to fool the uninformed, but little enough that it would enrage anybody familiar with the field.

ETA: Dan Browning is what it's called, for the author Dan Brown who's apparently its most egregious practitioner.

Click To View Spoiler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top