Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 12:26:43 PM EDT

"Fits right there"

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Master Sgt. Hubert Ledford helps Senior Airman Shannon Wolfe install a cylinder in the front wheel unit of a C-130 Hercules here Oct. 3. Both Airmen are assigned to the North Carolina Air National Guard's 145th Airlift Wing. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Brian Christiansen)

Wonder what the Master Sgt's wife thinks....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how Shannon feels about that old sweaty guy rubbing up on her like that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Where's her eye protection? And yeah, I'd hit it!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wonder how Shannon feels about that old sweaty guy rubbing up on her like that.

Like a significant number of the females I've met in this (very small) corner of the Army, there's a chance the airman probably enjoys it.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm suprised they're not wearing safety glasses.  (I used to be a mechanic)
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM!

They didn't have babes like that when I was in!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Heck, they didn't even have airplanes when I was in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where's her eye protection? And yeah, I'd hit it!

+1 and +1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where's her eye protection?

No kidding, they are using safety wire and no glasses?  What maroons!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I was a weapons loader from 90-94 and I never wore safety glasses. And I don't remeber anything in the T.O. about wearing them either. Granted it isn't a bad idea I just never used them. Even when spraying E feet with VVL-600.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was a weapons loader from 90-94 and I never wore safety glasses. And I don't remeber anything in the T.O. about wearing them either. Granted it isn't a bad idea I just never used them. Even when spraying E feet with VVL-600.

So you admit  that you missed out on the PC military. Shame on you!  And yes, eye protection is mandatory now.

ETA: Are you sure it wasn't VVL-800. "Use whenever a general purpose, low temperature, water displacing, lubrication oil is desired"?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been a crew chief in the AF for 10 years now and have never worn eye protection and have never seen anyone else use it while safety wiring.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've been a crew chief in the AF for 10 years now and have never worn eye protection and have never seen anyone else use it while safety wiring.

IM your name, and squadron, and I'll bet you a brand spanking new AR-15 of your choice you are wrong. You must have piss poor NCO's and QA.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So you admit  that you missed out on the PC military. Shame on you!  And yes, eye protection is mandatory now.

Yep, but it was starting when I was in. You couldn't call dykes, dykes they were side cutters, a A/C with the tail numbers 80011 couldn't be called balls eleven, etc....

One good thing is that they now get to use cordless drills to remove panels. That really sucked with the old speed handle.

Back to the subject.
+1 I'd hit it.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IM your name, and squadron, and I'll bet you a brand spanking new AR-15 of your choice you are wrong. You must have piss poor NCO's and QA.

When did this change?  I've been working F-22 for the past 4 years, we do not use safty wire much and do not have AF QA around.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, but it was starting when I was in. You couldn't call dykes, dykes they were side cutters, a A/C with the tail numbers 80011 couldn't be called balls eleven, etc....

One good thing is that they now get to use cordless drills to remove panels. That really sucked with the old speed handle.

Back to the subject.
+1 I'd hit it.

Where did you work an A/C of that tail number? I'm laughing my ass off, because I just briefed the Major this morning that Balls Eleven is already preflighted and ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When did this change?  I've been working F-22 for the past 4 years, we do not use safty wire much and do not have AF QA around.  

Well that explains your lack of knowledge on AF rules now. For the past....say 5 or so years(maybe longer, I'm old), you have to wear eye protection for just about everything. Safety wire, and servicing hydro, oil, etc.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heck, they didn't even have airplanes when I was in.

Damn, old man! How old are you?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Back to the subject.
+1 I'd hit it.

Where did you work an A/C of that tail number? I'm laughing my ass off, because I just briefed the Major this morning that Balls Eleven is already preflighted and ready to go.

I was stationed at Eglin on test wing side. balls eleven was F-15A model.  In test wing I worked F-4 C, D and RF-4C, F-15 A, B, C, D & E models both MISP and Pre-MISP and F-111 E & F models. Needless to say load barn took forever. But no ICT's or ORI's the real country club of the Air Force.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]
uh............she's beautiful in the face, would it be pessimistic to say that her butt is probably as wide and a 74' Buick?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#20]

I was stationed at Eglin on test wing side. balls eleven was F-15A model.  In test wing I worked F-4 C, D and RF-4C, F-15 A, B, C, D & E models both MISP and Pre-MISP and F-111 E & F models. Needless to say load barn took forever. But no ICT's or ORI's the real country club of the Air Force.

I've worked a couple of different A/C with the tail number"Balls Eleven", and I still say it that way. Pisses the officers off, but fuck'em.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that explains your lack of knowledge on AF rules now. For the past....say 5 or so years(maybe longer, I'm old), you have to wear eye protection for just about everything. Safety wire, and servicing hydro, oil, etc.

AFOSH Standard.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I've worked a couple of different A/C with the tail number"Balls Eleven", and I still say it that way. Pisses the officers off, but fuck'em.

We'd get our asses chewed from MOC (or was it MOCC? or some other.... you know what I mean. Been way to long) for saying it over the radio. Kind of miss those days.

Thank you for your continuing service!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'd get our asses chewed from MOC (or was it MOCC? or some other.... you know what I mean. Been way to long) for saying it over the radio. Kind of miss those days.

It's MOCC, and back at ya on your service. Bedtime now, back on duty tonight, for the ninth straight day.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Sooo... 800 equates to balls? WTF?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Actually 800 would be "Eight Balls"
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crew Chief of KC-135Q Balls 60 86-88 here, Balls 55 after that.  ACC and PACAF have gone back to MOC.  MOCC was during the Objective Wing, changed to Combat Wing in Oct of 02.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crew Chief of KC-135Q Balls 60 86-88 here, Balls 55 after that.  ACC and PACAF have gone back to MOC.  MOCC was during the Objective Wing, changed to Combat Wing in Oct of 02.

I worked MOC for 2 yrs at Moody.  We had a couple tails that were balls something.  We said it on the radio too.  No one cared.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#28]
A guy working the gear well on a plane with me came up to me one evening with a piece of safty wire imbedded in the end of his nose.  He had trimmed the end of the wire, and the trimming shot into his nose and penetrated several milimeters.

I asked him why he wasn't wearing his safety glasses, he mumbled something and went to clean up.

When he came back to the AC, he had his eyes on.  

Ever got some skydrol in the eye?  Put that stuff in a spray can instead of mace, and you really have a weapon!

Stay safe, guys, and thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I worked with several sailors that make this airman look like a total dog.  And yes, this old man enjoyed being sweaty in confined spaces with the right female 'airperson'.
We never used eye protection with safety wire, soldering, duct taping or super gluing (hey, Navy airplanes) etc.  Nowadays it's recommended.  PPE is mantatory with chemicals like fuel, oil and cleaners.
BTW, the term 'cockpit' is un-PC, it's 'flight station' now.

Fritz
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I was a C-141 and C-17 crew cheif from 90-98 and one of my favorite jets was a 141 we called BALLS 3, I believe the number was 67-003.  When I was at CAFB my bird was a C-17 aircraft 532.  We never wore safety glesses unless maybe spraying something or useing high pressure gases, like maybe nitrogen, always when servicing LOX.  Air Force was going downhill fast, main reason I gave it up and got out.  Funny thing about all this though?  I work at Ft. Rucker AL now.  I am back working on aircraft, back for almost 5 years...shit gets in the blood and you just cant shake it.  I love airplane noise.  Helicopters arent as cool but you are sure to work a lot more on them.

Wes
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Aircraft with 00 (double zeros) in the serial number, side number, tail number or BUNO is almost always called "balls" or  "double nuts".

Any aircraft with three consecutive number ones is called "triple sticks".

Balls eleven with an 8 as the first number could be any of these USAF aircraft.

80011 could be 98-0011, a CH-47F Chinook that was originaly 83-24107.  

80011 could be 88-0011, a General Dynamics F-16A Block 15AJ OCU Fighting Falcon built by Fokker for Holland (J-011/J-012).

80011 could be 78-0011, a General Dynamics F-16A Block 1 Fighting Falcon

80011 could be 68-0011, a General Dynamics F-111E that's at the RAF Lakenheath Museum mounted on a pole.

80011 could be 58-0011, a KC-135A-BN Stratotanker that has been converted to a KC-135R.

The Air Force did not buy any aircraft in 1948.

80011 could be 38-11, a Curtiss P-36A.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#32]
One??  Bah!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:41:38 AM EDT
[#33]
What are these safety glasses things that you talk about???????

Just kidding, I'm not AF, but I am an airline mechanic, and I usually wear safety glasses and gloves if I'm working anything to do with chapter 29 or 3830 (full NBC gear if I could get it on this one).
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:50:49 AM EDT
[#34]
There is something going on in the picture that you cant see.

He is stuffing it in her pooper.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#35]
We were taught hand safety wiring, but as soon as you got to the fleet everybody was using safety wire pliers for electronics.  Safety glasses?

USN 70-76

Skyhawks and Stoofs
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:31:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Her fingers are clean, she's not sweaty, her hair is fairly neat.  Can anyone say Photo Op?  Photographer probably asked em to take there glasses off to prevent glare.  That or there QC guy is like me and couldn't give a shit whether they wear PPE or not as long as the airplane is fixed correctly.  If there PC is anything like the PC's I've worked for he won't care either as long as it gets done yesterday.  I haven't used safety glasses since AIT.  Hey if I stick the remnants in my eye at least I know there not on the aircraft, well that's not true gaspath will make me put glasses on.  Got that shit in my eyes once and had double vision for about 2 days.  Finally got that three-way I wanted though.  It was Me, My Wife, and My Wife.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Eye protection?

Working with fluids and high pressure gases, yep.

Metal working/machining, yep.

Twisting safety wire?  I just covered the wire with my free hand when cutting the ends off.  

I don't know what's gone into the AFOSH standards in the past 5 years, but that was accepted practice when I was in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:40:08 AM EDT
[#38]
It's not cuttting the pigtails as much as whipping the wire around with the pliers.  Of course this isn't a real problem if they are used correctly.  Like most shitty rules in the AF, it comes from some Darwin accident that the brass thinks they can fix by rules.  

Look at the rules for powered hangar doors.  First thing I said was "Who is dumb enough to stick their head between the doors while they are moving??"  Well at least a couple of guys!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:23:04 AM EDT
[#39]
she looks good, but like most young enlisted females, let alone hot one ,there is one thing i can garuntee.....MILES of penis. that girl gets dick by the trainload.  aaaahhhhhh....air force chicks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
It's not cuttting the pigtails as much as whipping the wire around with the pliers.  Of course this isn't a real problem if they are used correctly.  Like most shitty rules in the AF, it comes from some Darwin accident that the brass thinks they can fix by rules.  

Look at the rules for powered hangar doors.  First thing I said was "Who is dumb enough to stick their head between the doors while they are moving??"  Well at least a couple of guys!

+1 LoL !

Something like 1 moron every other year or so squashes his/her mellon in a hangar door ! You can't AFOSH ? go through an open hanger door if it's not open more than like 12' moving or not ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top