Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:53:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 1:07:05 PM EDT by dkhntr04]
Hello,

I am looking into enlisting in the MN ANG and going into the Aircraft Metals Technology field. I am a technology education major, and this type of experiance would both suit my interests and help my civilian career. I have a very strong machining background from both high school and college. I have also been a Civil Air Patrol (the USAF Auxiliary) member for 8 years, so I know pretty much what to expect with BMT and basic Air Force life.

I'm curious to how tech school at Aberdeen PG is. What topics are covered and how indepth does the training go? What is the learning environment/ atmosphere like at the school?

Within the carrer path, how hard is it to get into the additional schools such as the CNC, heat treating, and eventually the aircraft metals craftsman course.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 4:24:07 PM EDT by tangeant]
It is a good AFSC that gets to do alot of stuff , Machining, Welding, Heat treating, precision measurement etc. They get to go to some really good follow on schools and get to be trained as certified welders. You will get to be everyones friend since everyone will have some sort of homey project that needs your skills !

Probably the best way to answer your questions would be to go to the unit and talk to the people in the shop.

Top Top