Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2003 11:27:51 AM EDT
Is anyone else as obsessed as I am about watching their packages from origin to delivery???

I swear, it's like watching a football game to me.  "Come on, only 400 more miles to go, keep on truckin!"  I must be REALLY impatient.

For instance, I have an upper that was shipped this week, and I REALLY want to take it to the range this weekend (since I'm shooting anyway) but according to the tracking info, the package arrived this morning at the distribution point about 10 minutes from my house.

So now I know that my upper is going to sit in a warehouse 10 minutes from my house all weekend long.  It's agonizing!  I wish I could go there and beg for them to give me my package!  Hell, it would save them a trip monday.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is UPS, they might have a "customer counter" time. My local distribution point is from 5:30 to 6:30 weekdays.

mjp
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
lol. funny you should mention this. i shipped a rifle to PA from VT and tracked it like it was going out of style. i even had my RandMcNally out and kept asking out loud, "What the fuck is taking them so long to travel that far?"

funny post. glad im not the only one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Redray,

I used mapquest, and I was calculating average miles traveled per hour!  Yes, I'm that impatient.

Mugzilla,

They do have a customer counter, I've been there to ship and pick up packages.  Do you think if I called in advance, I could arrange to pick it up?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
call em up???  hell, get in the car and head down there!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, thats how I got my anschutz out of their cold clutches.  They couldnt find my apartment after 5 min of looking and drove off.  So, I called them from work the next day, made sure they didnt put it on a truck, and I picked it up on my lunch break.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Right now I'm watching 65.80lbs of ammo make it's way here from Texas...

Scheduled Delivery:  Jun 20, 2003  

Shipped to:   READING, PA, US  
Shipped or Billed on:  Jun 16, 2003  

Tracking Number:  xx xxx xxx xx xxxx xxx x  
Service Type:  GROUND  
Weight:  65.80 Lbs  

Package Progress:

Date  Time  Location  Activity

Jun 20, 2003    
12:10 A.M.    HARRISBURG, PA     ARRIVAL SCAN

Jun 17, 2003    
2:05 A.M.    MESQUITE, TX       DEPARTURE SCAN

Jun 16, 2003    
11:29 P.M.    MESQUITE, TX       ARRIVAL SCAN
10:30 P.M.    FORT WORTH, TX     DEPARTURESCAN
10:06 P.M.    FORT WORTH, TX     ORIGIN SCAN
8:53 P.M.     BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: Jun 20, 2003 4:15 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)  

See my post below for the tracking results from an order I placed with DPMS a few weeks ago...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Here ya go guys... [:D]

Delivered on:  Jun 12, 2003 3:19 P.M.  

Signed by:  xxxxxx  
Delivered to:   READING, PA, US  
Shipped or Billed on:  Jun 3, 2003  

Tracking Number:  xx xxx xxx xx xxxx xxx x  
Service Type:  GROUND  
Weight:  1.30 Lbs  

Package Progress:

Date  Time  Location  Activity

Jun 12, 2003    
3:19 P.M.    READING, PA, US    DELIVERY
7:49 A.M.    READING, PA, US    OUT FOR DELIVERY
7:48 A.M.    READING, PA, US    ARRIVAL SCAN

Jun 11, 2003
11:00 P.M.    HORSHAM, PA, US   DEPARTURE SCAN
3:33 P.M.    HORSHAM, PA, US    ARRIVAL SCAN

Jun 10, 2003
3:17 A.M.    HODGKINS, IL, US   DEPARTURE SCAN

Jun 9, 2003
1:57 A.M.    HODGKINS, IL, US    ARRIVAL SCAN

Jun 7, 2003
4:52 A.M.    LENEXA, KS, US    DEPARTURE SCAN

Jun 6, 2003
10:43 P.M.    LENEXA, KS, US    ARRIVAL SCAN
8:35 P.M.    MANHATTAN, KS, US  DEPARTURE SCAN
5:13 P.M.    MANHATTAN, KS, US  ORIGIN SCAN
9:29 A.M.    MANHATTAN, KS, US    ROUTED INCORRECTLY AT UPS FACILITY;PKG HAS BEEN REROUTED TO DESTINATION

Jun 4, 2003
12:01 P.M.   HODGKINS, IL, US   ARRIVAL SCAN
2:30 A.M.    EAGAN, MN, US      DEPARTURE SCAN
1:13 A.M.    EAGAN, MN, US      ARRIVAL SCAN  

Jun 3, 2003
9:19 P.M. ST. CLOUD, MN, US    DEPARTURE SCAN
6:01 P.M. ST. CLOUD, MN, US    ORIGIN SCAN
5:30 P.M.    BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The funny part is that a couple of times by the time it was updated the package had arrived here for a day or two!  Its kind of funny. The tracking system does work but with some problems. The computer said delivered left on porch.  Delivered?  I was scratching my head because I had no package.  Then I look out the window and saw them piled on the neighbors porch!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#9]
They do a pretty good job- I've seen it from the inside.
Hell, you try tracking 5,000,000 individual pieces of constantly moving inventory!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite is when you're off work for the day you think the man is coming... after the packages are two weeks late you get the tracking number and check the page and it says "delivered, front door, 3:34pm June 2nd, 2003" (The date you were home all day) and the package is nowhere to be found [:(!]

Neighbors didn't see the man either... a neighbor found them the next day behind his house in the bushes.... soaked through with mud and rain

Edited to add: On at least two prior occasions within the past two months I'd discussed with the driver (yeah, same driver both times) locations to put the packages if no one answers the door.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I go so far as to ask the shipper to use UPS instead of other carriers.

I thought I was the only one who watched it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Right now I'm watching 65.80lbs of ammo make it's way here from Texas...

View Quote

That's pretty good in that they just made it just under the weight limit for an ORM-D shipment (66 pounds).  I'm curious if the shipper just put that weight down or if it is the actual weight.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, it all depends on WHAT'S IN THE PACKAGE as to my frequency of tracking.

A gun?  Every couple hours.  A letter?  Once on the day it's due to be delivered.

What's fun is to see how many points the Ground Shipping goes through...no wonder those college kids are busy working their asses off in their loading docks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top