Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:44:27 AM EDT
Got a quick little doorbell ring and dogs start barking their heads off.  I usually don't answer the door unless I am expecting something.  I see a tell-tell sign of a UPS truck out front and open the door.  UPS truck speeds off and I notice the box on my door step.  Callaway irons, wrong address.  Not even the right street.  I am not sure where this street is in my town.  I hate UPS should I keep the clubs and basically say FU UPS?

FU Obama.

*****UPDATE*****
Google searched the address and it isn't a valid address.  Tried Mapquest also and nothing.  After that tried googling name of person but nothing comes up in my area.  I hate to give them back to UPS as someone said, they will probably lose them again.....looking for more options.

*****UPDATE 2*****

called UPS and they tried to tell me they were going to charge me $10 for someone to pick them up.  Yeah, right I told them fine I would keep them then.  That changed their mind and they are picking them up this evening or tomorrow.  I told them I wouldn't be waiting around for them and they said to leave them where I found them.  Feel bad for who was supposed to get some new clubs today they are probably at work and checked the status that says delivered.  At least that is what I do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]

No, sell them on ebay... try to find the rightful owner.

Keeping them would be racist.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Only if you are a thief.

If your name and address are not on the box, call up UPS and tell them to come pick them up.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure keep them..... thief.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Not yours. Give them back.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
You won't be saying FU to UPS, you'll be saying it to the owner of those clubs. Why do I even need to tell you this?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
UPS sent my stuff to the wrong street and the guy brought them over to me.  If you keep packages-you are dirt.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't be a Douchebag.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#10]
The good man does what's right even when nobody is looking.  Obama keeps the clubs and sneaks onto the country club course to use them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Why is this even a question?  Geeze.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't be a Douchebag.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd try to track down the owner.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#14]
You only get to keep pressure washers.  For everything else do the right thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Find the owner. He will appreciate it and giving it back to UPS will likely get it lost again. Going the extra mile usually leaves you feeling pretty darn good. You may have someone do something extra nice for you, one day. Karma.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't be a Douchebag.

x87
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Why is this even a question?  You write in your post 'FU Obama' yet ponder if you're entitled to keeping something that's not yours... That seems a bit disingenuous, but, YMMV...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#18]
How about seeing if there is a phone number of the rightful owner on the tracking label?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Keep them, if you want the same thing to happen to you.

Tenfold.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Give 'em back. Probably expensive.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why is this even a question?  Geeze.

+1
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd try to track down the owner.

Yup, I'd pull up mapquest and take a quick drive.  You'll make somebody's day.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Make an honest attempt to get them to their rightful owner.  You will sleep better at  night.

Something similar happened to me a year or so ago.  A very nice and expensive popcorn popping machine was dropped off at my house.  Took several days of calling around before we were able to track down the proper owners.  It was to be some kid's surprise birthday gift, and his mom was grateful.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why is this even a question?  You write in your post 'FU Obama' yet ponder if you're entitled to keeping something that's not yours... That seems a bit disingenuous, but, YMMV...

What if I just wanted to know what ARFCOMMERs would do?  Doesn't mean I wont do the right thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Give 'em back even if they cost $1.  The value has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#26]

NO......you shouldn't.

During the past Christmas Holiday season I received 3 packages from UPS which weren't mine. Since I recognized the streets on two of them (one was my own street –––– just the oposite end of the block), I delivered them myself one day after work. The UPS driver came back for the third package the day after he placed it on my doorstep, which was a good thing since I didn't have the foggiest idea where it belonged.

Be a good Samaritan and either call UPS or deliver the package if it's convenient enough for you to do so. Believe me, you'll feel good about yourself.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#27]
ya I am pretty sure that could be construed as theft
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Wow! Walmart did not notice this neat pressure washer in my basket when they checked me out.  

Meanwhile some guy took time off work today and is waiting for door bell ring that will never happen.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Got a quick little doorbell ring and dogs start barking their heads off.  I usually don't answer the door unless I am expecting something.  I see a tell-tell sign of a UPS truck out front and open the door.  UPS truck speeds off and I notice the box on my door step.  Callaway irons, wrong address.  Not even the right street.  I am not sure where this street is in my town.  I hate UPS should I keep the clubs and basically say FU UPS?

FU Obama.

That's what google maps is for.  Hopefully you know what to do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give 'em back even if they cost $1.  The value has nothing to do with it.

This.  Morality should never have a dollar amount attached to it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Google the name and address in my case this got me the guys phone number I called, asked if he had ordered something, he told me what, when and from where and he came to my house and got his stuff. I would only give it back to UPS if I couldn't find any info.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#32]
No, call UPS.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if I just wanted to know what ARFCOMMERs would do?  Doesn't mean I wont do the right thing.

That sounds suspiciously similar to something a DU plant would try.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not part of DU, just wondered what other guys on here thought.  Part of me really wants to keep them since I am bigtime into golf.  I looked up on Golfsmith and they are $800 clubs.  Searching address now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't be a thief, give it back.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Take them to Walmart and trade them in on a pressure washer
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#37]
call ups, when driver returns jump him and use the 9 iron on him, just kidding
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Don't be a Douchebag.

This. Pretend you're UPS and deliver them to the rightful owner. You'll make someones day, trust me.

ETA: You say you're into golf? Return those expensive ass clubs to the rightful owner and you might just make a new golfin' buddy!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#40]
You have the poll choice "No, do what's right"; obviously you know that keeping them would be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not part of DU, just wondered what other guys on here thought.  Part of me really wants to keep them since I am bigtime into golf.  I looked up on Golfsmith and they are $800 clubs.  Searching address now.

Put yourself in the place of the guy who ordered them.  Like others said he probably has been anxiously awaiting his sweet new clubs, watching the tracking info, maybe even took the day off to wait for the brown truck.  How would you feel if your CMP garand you'd been waiting for for 3 months showed up at a neighbor's house and they kept it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with *wanting* to keep them.  You're human after all.  But what you want to do and what you should do....well, you know the deal.

Good on ya for finding the rightful owner.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He is resisting Obama, but Obama's ways are subconsciousely rubbing off on the Op.  Obama is the black and red guy on one shoulder that is beating the tar out of the white guy on the other shoulder.  I mean getting a BJ isn't sex, taking other peoples stuff and money isn't stealing.......  Welcome to 2009.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is resisting Obama, but Obama's ways are subconsciousely rubbing off on the Op.  Obama is the black and red guy on one shoulder that is beating the tar out of the white guy on the other shoulder.  I mean getting a BJ isn't sex, taking other peoples stuff and money isn't stealing.......  Welcome to 2009.

You look nice in that blue dress Monica.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Call the company who sent them.  The invoice will have the order # and should have a contact number for the purchaser.  If you can't reach him after all attempts, well enjoy the new clubs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Google searched the address and it isn't a valid address.  Tried Mapquest also and nothing.  After that tried googling name of person but nothing comes up in my area.  I hate to give them back to UPS as someone said, they will probably lose them again.....looking for more options.

Take 5 minutes and contact Callaway, I'd bet customer service would be able straighten the problem out... perhaps there's an error on the shipping label.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/Global/en-US/CustomerService.html

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Got a quick little doorbell ring and dogs start barking their heads off. I usually don't answer the door unless I am expecting something. I see a tell-tell sign of a UPS truck out front and open the door. UPS truck speeds off and I notice the box on my door step. Callaway irons, wrong address. Not even the right street. I am not sure where this street is in my town. I hate UPS should I keep the clubs and basically say FU UPS?

FU Obama.

*****UPDATE*****

Google searched the address and it isn't a valid address. Tried Mapquest also and nothing. After that tried googling name of person but nothing comes up in my area. I hate to give them back to UPS as someone said, they will probably lose them again.....looking for more options.

Your post is very odd.  Let's start with this, how did you know what was in the box?  Already make up your mind?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

FU Obama.

*****UPDATE*****

call the shipper if you feel you must.  Otherwise, it is the job of UPS to unfuck this.

If you really need to, take out the #1 and spend a couple hours at the driving range for your troubles and then send them back.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Just to be crystal clear  - if you keep the clubs you're worthless POS.

any questions ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Call the company and see if the credit card is still valid.

Contact the bank and have them call the owner of the clubs.

Watch your house, it could be a dump site.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top