Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/16/2014 8:53:17 AM EDT
I know the family in question.  Also known the dogs since they were puppies.  Shamus is the big goofball Great Dane.

It seems  the driver may have slashed  some other dogs in the neighborhood too.  (boxcutter)

http://keyetv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/ups-driver-accused-slicing-dogs-face-box-cutter-18776.shtml
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#1]
That driver needs to be feed to a pack of wolves.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Im expecting UPS to stop by today. I better be on alert.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe this is why my dogs HATE the UPS guy.  My windows have those bars in both directions or they would go right through them to get him.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#5]
delivering packages and two great danes come at you? Yea cant possibly see how that could go poorly.. I'm sorry but i would keep my dogs behind a fence or get packages delivered elsewhere.

Not exactly like it was a couple of Yorkies. Danes are large animals and people who dont know them personally could reasonably be afraid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
delivering packages and two great danes come at you? Yea cant possibly see how that could go poorly.. I'm sorry but i would keep my dogs behind a fence or get packages delivered elsewhere.

Not exactly like it was a couple of Yorkies. Danes are large animals and people who dont know them personally could reasonably be afraid.
View Quote

Actually, one Dane, one Pitt.  There is a Dachsund around too.  Yes, there is a fence. The driver  come onto the property.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Actually, one Dane, one Pitt.  There is a Dachsund around too.  Yes, there is a fence. The driver  come onto the property.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

there was an invisible fence. No way for the driver to know. he was just doing his job. Now listen im not saying good stab but there could be a very reasonable explanation for him feeling threatened by a Dane.

Now if he was just some dude who was driving by and said "watch me fuck up this dog" then yea kill em.. Dude just delivering your packages and your 100 pound plus dog runs up to say hello, then yea i could see the misunderstanding. I'm a big dude and i would think 4 or 5 times before i tangled with a Dane.

ETA: "your" as in just an example. i understand these are not your personal animals.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't you give tacit permission for the driver to come onto your property when ordering something that UPS delivers?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#9]
When you carry a box cutter around everyday, everything starts to look like box that needs opened
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Don't you give tacit permission for the driver to come onto your property when ordering something that UPS delivers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The walkway and door yes, not a whole run of the whole property

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I put a box outside my gate for deliveries.  Keeps my dog from biting deliverymen and deliverymen from cutting my dog.        

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Story is short on details but it looks as though this was the front yard and a reasonable location for a delivery man to find him self at if he was delivering a package. Its not like he hopped a chain link fence into a pin with dogs in it and decided to go toe toe with a Great Dane.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah... I'd have to horrible things to a ups driver..
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#15]
the union will save him,  he will get moved to another area.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thin brown line?

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thin brown line?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thin brown line?

Holy shit. That was gooooood.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#18]
What type of extra special short bus snowflake attacks a Great Dane? That's like starting a knife fight with Gandhi.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think the Great Dane came to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What type of extra special short bus snowflake attacks a Great Dane? That's like starting a knife fight with Gandhi.

I have never met a Great Dane that wasn't a HODOR of dogs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Unbelievable.   I don't know what I would do if someone were to hurt my dog.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Unbelievable.   I don't know what I would do if someone were to hurt my dog.
View Quote

I am picturing a Canadian attorney (in robes) armed with a Garand chasing after a fellow wearing a poop brown colored uniform.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

once you get to know them sure.. its not unreasonable that a person presented with 120-200 pounds of dog would respond poorly to that encounter. My boxer is like 50 pounds and boxers are dorks. However i would not hold it against someone if he made it out and someone responded poorly to him. If i expected strangers on my properly i would keep my dogs contained since not every one knows boxers like i do. Specifically my boxer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:01:57 AM EDT
[#25]
One of the dogs  looks like a pitbull, imagine that. With that said,  ff you know a package is on its way and that someone very well may be coming onto your property chain your damn dogs up or just keep them inside. For all we know the UPS driver was simply defending himself against two charging dogs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like UPS boy would have been better served with a can of OC spray... Dog would have been a believer in leaving him alone without permanent injury.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#29]
You know, I'm thinking that LEOs should look at how delivery guys deal with dogs, since they have interactions with them alot.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Where are the pictures of the UPS drivers injuries?

Oh, there are none?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm a driver, and that is bullshit. We can't carry knives, even box cutters. Terminate the fucker.

Almost all of the dogs I've dealt with were friendly, the ones that aren't get a package left out at the end of the driveway.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I know the family in question.  Also known the dogs since they were puppies.  Shamus is the big goofball Great Dane.

It seems  the driver may have slashed  some other dogs in the neighborhood too.  (boxcutter)

http://keyetv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/ups-driver-accused-slicing-dogs-face-box-cutter-18776.shtml
View Quote

My neighbors big 'ol goofball Great Dane and some other huge dog decided to chase me around in my yard on day, baring teeth and growling.  Lucky for them, I had just (for some stupid reason) set my pistol down inside on the kitchen counter and went out to get the mail not 35 feet from my door.  Those normally goofy old funny cutie pie little beauties suddenly turned violent on me and I had to run around my car to get distance, then back around toward the side entrance.  I barely made it in my door.  I grabbed my gun, opened the door, and I tell you now, I was filled with rage.  Both dogs were growling, and I nearly shot them both.  But I realized I was in my home now, I was safe, so I closed my door and called LE and animal control.

So F those goofball Great Danes.  They can go instant evil in 0.5 seconds.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i get a lot of deliveries. that is one big reason i have cameras around my property. That motherfucker would have been met with a biblical ass whooping the next time i saw him. sometimes it really is worth the ride.
View Quote

in before the internet bad ass pics
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
i get a lot of deliveries. that is one big reason i have cameras around my property. That motherfucker would have been met with a biblical ass whooping the next time i saw him. sometimes it really is worth the ride.
View Quote

Yes!

I want to know what injuries the driver sustained to justify his actions. I'm betting none.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm a driver, and that is bullshit. We can't carry knives, even box cutters. Terminate the fucker.

Almost all of the dogs I've dealt with were friendly, the ones that aren't get a package left out at the end of the driveway.

View Quote

The ones that like to open packages and steal shit probably have a knife or box cutter....
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh, there are none?
View Quote

You sound like the Trayvon crowd. Think about it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You don't have to get injured to defend yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!

I want to know what injuries the driver sustained to justify his actions. I'm betting none.

Yeah, no kidding.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The ones that like to open packages and steal shit probably have a knife or box cutter....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly why they don't allow them. Doesn't matter what company you work for, there are always douche bags.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#43]
So not only do I have to protect my dogs from cops shooting my them now UPS from cutting them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like UPS boy would have been better served with a can of OC spray... Dog would have been a believer in leaving him alone without permanent injury.

to be fair i have seen a LOT of dogs laugh off pepper spray.

Yep

I've seen a lot of humans laugh it off as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

Zimmerman was injured

A knife cuts both ways

The homeowner could feel threatened at a UPS guy wielding a box cutter too......especially a guy who is slashing up said homeowners dogs

Drop the knife!......Drop the Knife ......BANG BANG BANG!

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Zimmerman was injured

A knife cuts both ways

The homeowner could feel threatened at a UPS guy wielding a box cutter too......especially a guy who is slashing up said homeowners dogs

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

Zimmerman was injured

A knife cuts both ways

You implication is that a person has to be injured to defend himself. If Zimmerman hadn't been visibly injured, would he not have a defense case?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You implication is that a person has to be injured to defend himself. If Zimmerman hadn't been visibly injured, would he not have a defense case?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

Zimmerman was injured

A knife cuts both ways

Of course he would have, so long as Trayvon was within 21ft.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#49]
If the 100# plus dog is close enough to reach with a box cutter it's already way too close.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, there are none?

Zimmerman was injured

A knife cuts both ways

It would make the case much more difficult.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top