Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 8:22:12 AM EDT
Who can tell me what this means exactly? That particular exception isn't listed on the UPS website.

My case of PMC 9mm fromSGAmmo is currently held hostage at the Oklahoma City UPS depot.

Delayed because of lousy weather maybe?

All they sent me was the email. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'm just wondering what to expect.

Thanks!

Btw I figured I'd ask you fine folks before spending 30 mins on the phone with UPS themselves.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Case broke open

Ammo everywhere
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be a number of reasons. Improper labeling, damage, weather delays etc. When you have a huge increase in volume and weather delays the problem is compounded. Some hubs have had to let loads sit for a day due to just not having the physical capacity or enough hours in the day to deal with all the compounded conditions.
The fact that it says "held at origin location" leads me to think maybe improper labeling. Is this from a regular supplier or private individual? Not saying for sure thats the case though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could be a number of reasons. Improper labeling, damage, weather delays etc. When you have a huge increase in volume and weather delays the problem is compounded. Some hubs have had to let loads sit for a day due to just not having the physical capacity or enough hours in the day to deal with all the compounded conditions.
View Quote

Gotcha.

I don't know if the feeders run on the weekends, but I guess it'll sit there til Monday at least.

Maybe like you said, drivers all out of DOT available hours. I hope that's the case and that there wasn't an ammo blowout with rounds everywhere!

Eta came from SGAmmo.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Missed sort, probably labeled wrong.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
If its from SG I'm sure the labeling is good. Probably volume related this year has been exceptional, things rarely sit. Feeders are running 24/7.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I had that on a package recently and it showed up a day or 2 later anyways.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a combination of volume and weather. Xmas overload and the 2 day shutdown because of the weather last week
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all.

Glad it sounds normal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]
God damn it JR
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the same thing last week with a correctly labeled package.  It sat at a terminal 70 miles from me for an extra day.  No inclement weather, was during the week as well.  Maybe the trailers were full?  That's all I can think of.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Case broke open

Ammo everywhere
View Quote

Yep....nailed it
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Just had one of these last week.  Exception occurred on Saturday afternoon.  No idea what it meant, but package arrived on Monday in perfect condition, labeled correctly, etc.  I think it's just some goofy UPS herp derp code

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Had a package from Amazon held at the Oklahoma City hub with the same exception on 12/12.  Next day it left like normal.  I am thinking of complaining to Amazon since the package never should have been shipped ground to begin with.  There is no way for ground to go from anywhere except Phoenix to NM in two days (I pay for Prime for free two day shipping)
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#14]
We get Hazardous held many times if the paperwork is messed up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Have you checked gun broker and other ammo flip sites?  LOL Just Kidding!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Weather.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Weather. Ive gotten the exact same message before when there was a storm someplace that kept the trucks from moving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top