Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 10:32:34 AM EDT
ABC to air documentary on Kerry in Vietnam

New York, NY, Oct. 15 (UPI) -- ABC TV has produced and will air next week a documentary on the Vietnam War fight that has both distinguished and dogged John Kerry's presidential campaign.

Kerry has not hesitated to invoke his status as a war hero, gained partly for a 1969 incident when he was commanding a river boat in Vietnam, in seeking to win Democratic Party's nomination and in campaigning against President Bush, ABC News reported Friday.

But the 1969 incident for which Kerry won a Silver Star has also been the focus of one of his most virulent enemies, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, who charge that all the senator-to-be did that day was shoot one wounded Vietnamese teenage boy in the back as he fled.

Recently ABC interviewed survivors of that skirmish, and it plans to broadcast the results of those interviews on Thursday at 11:35 p.m. EDT.

Interviewees include those who witnessed Kerry's boat approach the village of Nah Vi, saw fighting and knew both casualties and survivors.

An anti-Kerry documentary focusing on his anti-war activities is also expected to air over Sinclair Broadcasting channels before the election.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#1]
is this sinclaire and abc?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
god renotse - this time your link doesn't even work!

what?

are we trying to break 1000 posts by Halloween?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
wtf?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

what?

Link fixed sorry

Dolomite.......Bite Me
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#6]
No, no, no - you bite me - at least 99% of my posts aren't a simple cut and paste from either drudge or free republic.  Go back and look at your last 24 hours, honestly.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, no, no - you bite me - at least 99% of my posts aren't a simple cut and paste from either drudge or free republic.  Go back and look at your last 24 hours, honestly.

Don't read my post then.....Plenty of others seem to like them

Here is something you might like.

http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Hot link it bitch!

And don't tell me what to fucking read and what not to.  Telling someone not to read your posts around here generally has the exact opposite effect that you want.

I genuinely enjoy about half of your posts, but if you can't handle a little constructive criticism (albeit, in a uniquely ARFCOM way) - get out of the kitchen.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hot link it bitch!

And don't tell me what to fucking read and what not to.  Telling someone not to read your posts around here generally has the exact opposite effect that you want.

I genuinely enjoy about half of your posts, but if you can't handle a little constructive criticism (albeit, in a uniquely ARFCOM way) - get out of the kitchen.

Dolomite,  I took your advice and looked at my last 25 posts. Most were newsworthy headlines supported by legitimate links and there was a total of 9544 reads and 370 replies from other ARFcommers.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what?

Clearly you are trying to break 5,000 by trolling...

No, this is not the Sinclair documentary.  Last night Nightline aired the piece referenced above.  Basically ABC sent a crew to Vietnam to interview the villagers where the engagement occurred.  Under government supervision they said there was a fierce firefight between two dozen enemy combatants and US forces.  ABC used this to call the swifties liars.  O'Neill countered with accounts in Kerry's Boston Globe biography as well as his autobiography that say there was one guerilla.  ABC argues that because the villagers have no dog in the fight they are to be believed over all the swifties, Kerry's biographer and Kerry's own words...

Now isn't it interesting that Vietnamese government honors Kerry as a hero for his protests, supervised the camera crew doing the ABC interview and ABC issued an internal memo last week saying they need not be fair to Bush.

Go figure!

HiramRanger,
Did you watch all of it?

I was taping it but hadn't watched all of it yet.
What we saw of it it sounded like the Viet people was backing the Swifties or not agreeing with what John F'n Kerry said/is saying.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hot link it bitch!

Dolomite,  I took your advice and looked at my last 25 posts. Most were newsworthy headlines supported by legitimate links and there was a total of 9544 reads and 370 replies from other ARFcommers.

I can respect that.  

Did you use the search function to find them?  Hmm?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

HiramRanger,
Did you watch all of it?

I was taping it but hadn't watched all of it yet.
What we saw of it it sounded like the Viet people was backing the Swifties or not agreeing with what John F'n Kerry said/is saying.

BigDozer66

Ted Koppel ABC expose (link)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I can respect that.  

Did you use the search function to find them?  Hmm?

Duh........My Topics Button

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey you two biting each other - get a room.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm done......I should have let the cheap shots go, but it's like a when a Chihuahua is nipping at your heel. Hard not to stomp the sh#t  out of it.

My bad.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
So, ABC feels it needs some of the attention CBS is getting now?

I don't think I'll watch this but, I will LOVE to see what the Internet does with it
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm done......I should have let the cheap shots go, but it's like a when a Chihuahua is nipping at your heel. Hard not to stomp the sh#t  out of it.

My bad.

Man - are you threatening me?  

Maybe you should read the CoC and apologize before I find out what your "other" account name is troll.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know what put your back down means.  

I'm not a fucking troll goddamnit.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Ohh so this is the "up your post count thread"
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

apparently

(+1)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1  

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

What a cheap post whore you are..

Oh yeah...+1

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

apparently

(+1)

Nah, I just think the Chihuahua needs a little more cowbell.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#27]
...and ABC issued an internal memo last week saying they need not be fair to Bush.

LINK?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
...and ABC issued an internal memo last week saying they need not be fair to Bush.

LINK?

ST LOUIS - As the presidential race becomes tighter, the media's obligation to report fairly and in an unbiased manner becomes necessary for a fair race.

Canyon News' Declaration of Principles (see link above) is our policy of promise to report the news as it happens without spin or untruths or any sort of bias. In order to stay within our policy, we'll let you be the judge.

The following is an internal memo written by ABC News Political Director, Mark Halperin, dated October 8, 2004:

It goes without saying that the stakes are getting very high for the country and the campaigns - and our responsibilities become quite grave

I do not want to set off and [sic] endless colloquy that none of us have time for today - nor do I want to stifle one. Please respond if you feel you can advance the discussion.

The New York Times (Nagourney/Stevenson) and Howard Fineman on the web both make the same point today: the current Bush attacks on Kerry involve distortions and taking things out of context in a way that goes beyond what Kerry has done.

Kerry distorts, takes out of context, and mistakes all the time, but these are not central to his efforts to win.

We have a responsibility to hold both sides accountable to the public interest, but that doesn't mean we reflexively and artificially hold both sides "equally" accountable when the facts don't warrant that.

I'm sure many of you have this week felt the stepped up Bush efforts to complain about our coverage. This is all part of their efforts to get away with as much as possible with the stepped up, renewed efforts to win the election by destroying Senator Kerry at least partly through distortions...

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#29]
+ 1 for post whores?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hot link it bitch!

Renotse's computer is in his kitchen? Doesnt that make it hard to cook dinner?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top