Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2010 4:19:09 PM EDT
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/242051,un-mulls-internet-regulation-options.aspx

That's all we need.

I can see how they see this as a great opportunity.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The Internet cannot be regulated.

Too many who are too skilled hate government (in general) and control far too much.

This would kick off a cyberwar to make anything US/China/Iran/etc that has happened already look like nothing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason that the United States, and not China or Iran, was able to invent the internet is because we, unlike they, have a culture that promotes openness, competitiveness and success based on merit.

They can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the same 'we need to restrict what people can say' shit they've been vomiting about for several years now?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Why is it when I read:

"...representatives from Brazil called for an international body made up of Government representatives that would attempt to create global standards for policing the internet - specifically in reaction to challenges such as WikiLeaks."

I heard it in JarJar Bink's voice when he addressed the Senate?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Irrespective of the pros and cons of the proposed US net neutrality law, fuck the UN and what those corrupt shits want.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The reason that the United States, and not China or Iran, was able to invent the internet is because we, unlike they, have a culture that promotes openness, competitiveness and success based on merit.

They can go fuck themselves.

Well, we used to.  The competitiveness is under attack, as it is just not "fair" that some people have more than others.  Democrats want equal results, not equal opportunity.  Success based on merit, ha.  Every kid gets a trophy, etc.  Welfare state is alive and well.  You can work for yours, or just sit on your ass and the .gov will give you yours.

I know, a rant, and not much to do with the internet.  The UN and liberals want to regulate it to control the message, and tax it to create a revenue stream to fund liberal feel-good stuff.  I hope they fail miserably.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Most americans don`t realize that the internet is the weapon our enemies fear the most. We can reach in most homes on the planet without the ability of most governments to interfere with it, and show their citizens what ever they want to see. I think the chinese would rather see more US nuclear weapons than an internet that they have no control over.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Since when do we give a $#@%%$ what the UN says?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#9]
In before the blue helmet with bullet holes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]

The Internet has been allowed to grow and get high tech enough that it can not be stopped or be controlled without consequences.

I am not a 4chan hagboy or whatever they call themselves.

But for the last decade, the Internet and computers themselves have evolved frighteningly quickly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Most americans don`t realize that the internet is the weapon our enemies fear the most. We can reach in most homes on the planet without the ability of most governments to interfere with it, and show their citizens what ever they want to see. I think the chinese would rather see more US nuclear weapons than an internet that they have no control over.

This.  The internet can't be controlled.  Look at Wikileaks.  Hell, look at GD on a good day.  Utter uncontrolled chaos.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

We better start paying attention.  Sooner or later, there will be a power shift where we the U.S. is nothing more than a nation-state governed right along besides China and Russia.  The infrastructure is in place already.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I never did.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Internet has been allowed to grow and get high tech enough that it can not be stopped or be controlled without consequences.

I am not a 4chan hagboy or whatever they call themselves.

But for the last decade, the Internet and computers themselves have evolved frighteningly quickly.

But when will Skynet become self aware?
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The internet can't be controlled.  Look at Wikileaks.  Hell, look at GD on a good day.  Utter uncontrolled chaos.

keep thinkin that and one day you can be proud of the fact you save the $24 on a membership
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry- misread the title as "Mullet regulation"...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top