Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/16/2001 4:49:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2001 4:47:29 AM EST by Ghettoblaster]
Sorry if this has been posted already. Here is an anonymous email I got from someone's BS aol addy. One of those avfbcht@ things. INTERNATIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE Need a new driver's license? Too many points or other trouble? Want a license that can never be suspended or revoked? Want ID for nightclubs or hotel check-in? Avoid tickets, fines, and mandatory driver's education. Protect your privacy, and hide your identity. The United Nations gave you the privilege to drive freely throughout the world! (Convention on International Road Traffic of September 19, 1949 & World Court Decision, The Hague, Netherlands, January 21, 1958) Take advantage of your rights. Order a valid International Driver's License that can never be suspended or revoked. Confidentiality assured. CALL NOW!!! 602-230-5208 Wot the 'ell? Sounds like a way to get ID cards going maybe. If I had D.L. problems, I sure wouldn't ask the damn UN for help! Probably just a get rich quick scheme though. Anyone heard of this before?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:03:01 AM EST
Here in America a UN drivers license is likely to get you into trouble with cops. I can see it now. "Only thing came from Europe was steers and queers, You ain't got no horns boy." Do you have Red Blood?? Ben
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:40:21 AM EST
Do you have Red Blood??
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:49:35 AM EST
There are international dl's. Usually for use in countries that won't honor your home countries dl. Sovereignty still rules. If you live in CA and you get your license revoked. Not only is your DL revoked but your driving PRIVILEGE is revoked in CA. So you can't go get a NV license and then start driving in CA, nor can you get an international DL. The only way you ge to drive in CA is by gettin your license reinstated in CA. Also if you live in CA, and have a CA DL, and get your driving privilege revoked in WI and your CA DL is unaffected, you are legal to drive in every State but WI. Each State gets to decide who drives on their roads. I suppose if you were a real idiot the State, meaning the US, could decide you were no good in all 50. As a matter of practice all States accept all other States DL's at face value. The add you mentioned is a scam.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 5:50:37 AM EST
I think they exist, but I think the internet versions are either scams or misleading. For starters, the real ones don't work in your own country, and you need one in your own country to get the UN one. This is all just hearsy. I am in no way affiliated with the U.N.. But turn in your guns and come along peacefully anyway [;)] No icon with a blue barett?
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:37:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2001 8:32:57 AM EST by EOD_Guy]
International Driver's Licenses have been around for many years. They allow you to drive in most foreign countries while you are visiting. They are only good along with a valid driver's license from your own country. They are not valid by themselves. In the US you can get one from your local AAA.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:56:19 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 1:52:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2001 1:48:03 PM EST by CAR15M4]
There is no such thing as a "U.N." driver's license, and the driver's who have presented these to me as a form of I.D. (required if you're the driver) have found themselves in the back of my cruiser with shinny, silver bracelets on their wrists. They are mostly purchased by illegals who can not, or don't want to attempt to get a legal, 50 state driver's license. These I.D.'s go anywhere from 50 dollars to 500 dollars: It all depends on who you buy it from. A legitimate "international" driver's license does not look like a 50 state driver's license: It's esentually a piece of paper. I've never seen an international driver's license in person; Only on paper. Bottom line: They have no redeeming value, and they can cost you a lot up front, and a lot more later if you present it at the wrong time. Jay Arizona
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 2:45:53 PM EST
I was going to get one of these when I was visiting my wife overseas. The cost was around fifteen bucks plus passport photos. Found out they are really unnecessary pretty much everywhere. You do need a valid drivers liscence to get one and they don't count here in the US for US citizens. Waste of time and money.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 4:10:35 PM EST
When I was in the military, I was required to have an international driver's license so that I could drive rental cars on various support missions. I have never actualy used one though. It was easier, safer and cheaper to just hire a driver and car.
Top Top