Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:26:01 PM EDT
UNITED NATIONS TREATY ON THE REGULATION OF SMALL ARMS

Small arms and light weapons are a scourge to world peace and stability. They flow easily from one country to another, wreaking havoc and destruction on innocent women and children. The use of small arms must be tightly controlled in order to prevent the illicit flow of weapons from the legal to illegal markets.  Therefore, the undersigned countries are bound to enact and incorporate the following requirements into their national weapons laws and conform their laws on small arms and light weapons to the requirements of this treaty.

NATIONAL LAW CONTROLS

Such weapons or devices shall be subject to national controls and need not be subject to the further controls of this treaty except where noted:

Any firearm or weapon made in or before 1899 shall be subject to the laws of each country. Each country shall pass or establish its own laws concerning the use and ownership of such weapons provided that such laws do not cover replicas of said firearms if the said replicas fire fixed ammunition or armor piercing ammunition. Notwithstanding any provision of this treaty that might come into conflict with such national laws passed, a signatory country has the right to enact national laws regulating said firearms that goes further than the requirements set forth herein.

Any firearm that propels or expels a projectile by the power of air or by a CO2 cartridge shall b subject to the laws of each country. These firearms are generally called ‘air guns’.

SMALL ARMS AND LIGHT WEAPONS DEFINED

The term ‘small arm’ shall mean (excluding those made in or before 1899 mentioned under the National Law Controls section):

(A) any weapon which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive and may be easily carried on or about the person
(B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon

The term ‘light weapon’ shall mean:
(A) any weapon  which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive and is not readily mobile or easily carried on or about the person
(B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon;

The terms “small arm’ and ‘light weapon’ shall include any mine, bomb, missile, grenade, explosive, or rocket. It shall not include any device which is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon; any device, although originally designed for use as a weapon, which is redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line throwing, safety, or similar device.

REQUIRMENTS

Any country that is a signatory to this treaty must incorporate the following into their laws concerning small arms and light weapons:

1) A system of licensing and registration must be enacted registering every any small arms and light weapons in the hands of civilian and government stockpiles. A national weapons register must be available and open to inspection no later than six (6) years following the date of enactment of this treaty. Such system shall have a complete civilian registry and a government registry. Any publicly owned firearm shall be on the government registry regardless of its use.

2) Incorporate a mutually agreed on marking, tracking and numbering system for all weapons manufactured in every country under this treaty. Make it unlawful under the law to manufacture or posses a weapon without such markings or numbering.

3) Ban the civilian possession of ‘light weapons’ and any ‘small arm’ that was or is designed primarily for military or law enforcement use. Any firearm that fires a cartridge primarily used or designed for military or law enforcement use shall be restricted under this section. This shall also include a total prohibition on the civilian possession of any explosive grenade, bomb, rocket or missile.

4) Enact tough import and export laws:  All yearly imports or exports of light weapons and small arms into a country from the previous year shall be reported to the UN every January. Make it a crime punishable by time in prison for trafficking weapons across international boundaries. Subject any export of light arms and small arms to UN Security Council approval before such weapons can be exported. Create a national government agency or designate an agency whose job it is to track and stop the illicit flow of weapons into and from each signatory country. Such agencies from different countries are authorized to work together.  A law must be passed by each signatory country (if they have not already done so) that requires any illegally imported or exported weapons must be destroyed in a timely manner with any regulations such law may proscribe.

5) Reduce surplus stockpiles. Laws must be passed requiring strict security, storage and monitoring of government owned weapons stockpiles. Any unnecessary stockpiles of weapons must be destroyed in a timely manner. Such stockpiles may be transferred from one country to another with UN Security Council approval. Such weapons may not be transferred to the civilian populace under any circumstances. A national register of any government or publicly owned light weapons or small arms shall be enacted within six (6) years of enactment of this treaty as set forth in section 1.

6) A international tax shall be levied on any manufactured light weapons or small arms in each signatory country for each year. Such tax shall be at 12% and payable to the UN for disarmament programmes. All countries shall be required to pay this tax every year on each weapon produced.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
thank god for Bolenger (sp?).  this won't be going away, even if we refuse to sign it now (like last time) it will keep returning until some dumbass libtard president signs it.  this bill was drawn, drafted, and intended for the US.  the UN wants control of the worlds guns and our constitution is keeping them form it.

learn to make your own receivers people!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Good thing we won't be signing or ratifying....

You know what this means? More customers for US arms companies, since the Euros will undoubtably sign on to this shit, like everything else the UN does...

Our weapons will become 12% cheaper than Euro crap...

Unfortunately, that also means that Colt might get some contracts back from FN....

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

My Constitution doesn't recognize the authority of the UN.

"We the people, by the people, for the people", I don't see it reading "We the UN, by the UN, for the UN"

The quicker we kick the UN out of the US the better.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The world's first global gun treaty enters into force    

Guns seized by the Chinese police in January 2005. China signed the UN Firearms Protocol in 2002. (photo: Hu Jie/Xinhua) The UN Firearms Protocol will now take effect as a legally binding instrument, since Poland and Zambia became the 40th and 41st countries to ratify it. Find out if your country has ratified the protocol here.

The Protocol commits UN Member States to regulate the manufacture, export, import and transit of firearms. It also requires firearms to be marked and records to be kept for 10 years, and encourages (but does not require) the regulation of arms brokers. Unfortunately the Protocol does not regulate state-to-state gun transfers. Click here for the full text

The Protocol sends a "powerful message to criminal gangs and gunrunners around the world -- Your time is up!" according to Antonio Maria Costa, Executive Director of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNDOC).

The Firearms Protocol supplements the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organised Crime (2000). The other global agreement on firearms, the UN Programme of Action on Small Arms (2001) is not legally-binding.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good thing we won't be signing or ratifying....

You know what this means? More customers for US arms companies, since the Euros will undoubtably sign on to this shit, like everything else the UN does...

Our weapons will become 12% cheaper than Euro crap...

Unfortunately, that also means that Colt might get some contracts back from FN....

This brings up an interesting point: would companies such as H&K, FN, Sig, and others be forced to stop their production and sales of weapons to US customers?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Notes to Editors:
The United Nations Small Arms Review Conference takes place at UN
headquarters in New York between 26 June and 7 July 2006.

• The UN first discussed small arms in 2001, when governments signed the
Programme of Action, a non-binding agreement to control the illicit trade in small
arms. This limited agreement, which can best be described as ‘only a start’, comes
up for review at the meeting in June.
• The next opportunity to tackle the small arms epidemic at a global level will not
be until 2011, by which time another 1.8 million people will have died at the
barrel of a gun and millions more will have been injured.
IANSA is a global network of more than 700 civil society organisations including human
rights activists, democracy campaigners, development organisations, public health and
humanitarian agencies, and victim support groups. Its members work for controls on the
international arms trade and for laws to make people safer from gun violence.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Take your violation of my constitution and basic rights, and shove it up your friggen ASS!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.apt401.com/UN.gif

Take your violation of my OUR constitution and basic Rights, and shove it up your friggen ASS!

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What's the UN gonna do when the US refuses to abide by their little made-up law?  talk about meeting to discuss Imposing sanctions?  Write a stern resolution?  

Fixed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What's the UN gonna do when the US refuses to abide by their little made-up law?  Impose sanctions?  Write a stern resolution?  

Question is, what will our firearms manufactures do? Except for Barrett I don't see to many lining up to tell anti-gun states or anti-gun city LEO agencies to shove it.

If our Senate signs this treaty, you can bet your ass that our firearm companies will cow down to the federal government, screwing all of us.

And from what I have seen "just" at this sight, there are WAY too MANY LEO's willing to follow UnConstitutional orders. If a treaty like this passes and the US signs it, and our police try to enforce it, I predict there will be blood in the streets. Mostly done by deer hunters. Take their guns and they DO get pissed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Mark my words..."eventually the UN will get it's way."

With people like Kerry and Clinton around and the people that support them, I'm willing to make a pretty sure bet, if they get back into power, the UN WILL get it's way eventually.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Better stock up then.

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's the UN gonna do when the US refuses to abide by their little made-up law?  Impose sanctions?  Write a stern resolution?  

Question is, what will our firearms manufactures do? Except for Barrett I don't see to many lining up to tell anti-gun states or anti-gun city LEO agencies to shove it.

If our Senate signs this treaty, you can bet your ass that our firearm companies will cow down to the federal government, screwing all of us.

And from what I have seen "just" at this sight, there are WAY too MANY LEO's willing to follow UnConstitutional orders. If a treaty like this passes and the US signs it, and our police try to enforce it, I predict there will be blood in the streets. Mostly done by deer hunters. Take their guns and they DO get pissed.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
The treaty I posted above is my interpretation of what IANSA and all the gun banners want this June in New York.

I doubt repealing the GCA import restrictions would do us much good.

CRC

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The treaty I posted above is my interpretation of what IANSA and all the gun banners want this June in New York.

I got a call about this from the NRA this weekend. It's their new pet, "give me some more money" project. The NRA lady said that the NRA was going to defeat this new treaty. I asked how? Are they going to pay off government officials like the UN does? I asked if they were planning on doing anything else besides pounding their chest and exposing the facts of gun control? Because the members of the UN could careless about facts. They are all corrupt, only money talks. And I told the lady, does the NRA think it's above the US Senate now? The SENATE is the one that will ratify a treaty like this, or they won't. And if the democrats get back into power, you can bet a treaty like this WILL be ratified. The democrats could careless about our God given Rights or the Constitution.

Want to know why surplus ammo is trying up? Just look at the UN.

Expect less military surplus ammo from now on.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#17]
How much longer will Weatherby make rifles in Japan?

How many Glocks will be imported five years from now?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How much longer will Weatherby make rifles in Japan?

How many Glocks will be imported five years from now?

What about getting repair parts for foreign made guns?

A lot of shotgunners are going to be pissed off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]
You got it.

The transfer of guns for civilian use will ultimately be banned by international treaty
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#20]
The UN can't run a coffee shop.

If any of their operations have shown anything is that if you show a little backbone, they run crying.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#21]
They can suck my cock.

ETA -

Better to die in the prone position than to die on your knees begging mercy from a tyrant.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If any of their operations have shown anything is that if you show a little backbone, they run crying.

Keep saying that.

With the federal government on their side and our police agencies "just doing what they are told"...what do you think will happen?

Edited to go along with COC
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#23]

<<<<<<-----------------<<<<<<<
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
With the federal government on their side and our police agencies "just doing what they are told"...what do you think will happen?

Nothing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Katanga.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Why don't we just use that "Eminent Domaine law" or how ever its spelled, just to take over
The UN building and turn it into a Condo, it would serve the public better and would put more
Of our own tax money back to us where it belongs, not being waste shit like this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Why don't we just use that "Eminent Domaine law" or how ever its spelled, just to take over
The UN building and turn it into a Condo, it would serve the public better and would put more
Of our own tax money back to us where it belongs, not being waste shit like this.

The UN does not sit on American soil. It's IN America, IN New York City, however the soil the UN sits on is not controlled by any US law.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Does US law apply at the UN building then?

I know, I made the list but I was already on the list and now I have super extra bad numbers I bet.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Oh shit, not again!?!?!?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Does US law apply at the UN building then?

I know, I made the list but I was already on the list and now I have super extra bad numbers I bet.

No the UN doesn't have to follow US law. They have "diplomatic immunity". Plus, while on UN property, they make their own rules.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The UN does not sit on American soil. It's IN America, IN New York City, however the soil the UN sits on is not controlled by any US law.

So can we storm it then
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
english.epochtimes.com/news_images/2005-9-18-un_insidehall.jpgi2.tinypic.com/rauqdx.jpg

Oh shit, not again!?!?!?

Only took till the second page to do the NAZI comparison.

You lose, sir.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
english.epochtimes.com/news_images/2005-9-18-un_insidehall.jpgi2.tinypic.com/rauqdx.jpg

Oh shit, not again!?!?!?

Only took till the second page to do the NAZI comparison.

You lose, sir.

Everyone knows the UN was founded by commies, not Nazis.
No joke.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#34]
So if they want to prevent deaths from guns, why don't they try out their 'experiment' in Africa first? More people are probably killed over there in a week than here in the states in a year. But they would have to convince this guy to give up his weapon first:

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#35]
God help 'em if they set one boot on American soil with intent to violate our constitution in the enforcement of their laws.
Actually, I think god would sit that one out
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Crap like this is just another reason I love my wife.  Ill show her this UN CRAP tomorrow, and she will tell me to spen more money on guns, and stock up on ammo!!  Sounds logical to me!!  

On another note-FUCK THE UN PUSSIES!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#37]
We need to declare a citizens war on the UN here in the US.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep saying that.

Anything they manage to get recognized as legal authority inside the US will be enforced by our LEOs\Military......go ahead, say it will never happen

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I have an idea, why don't they pass a resolution declaring murder illegal?  I bet that will stop it.   And if they are all for no guns, why not give up armed guards for UN officials?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Rebecca Peters needs to be pimp slapped.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Silly Brits...

Dunblane father's anti-gun effort
By Dr Mick North

Monday 13 March is the 10th anniversary of the shootings at Dunblane Primary School when my daughter Sophie, 15 of her classmates and their teacher were killed by a gunman who entered the gymnasium and opened fire on the class.

Many other children and three more teachers were injured.

It took him just three minutes, firing over 100 rounds of ammunition from a single handgun, to create this horrific scale of death and injury.

Such is the destructive power of guns, implements designed to kill which can destroy so many lives in such a short space of time.

On Thursday 16 March I will be taking part in the launch of a campaign to mark the One Hundred Day countdown to a UN Conference being held in June in New York.

At this vital conference member states will be discussing whether to agree to stronger controls on the global small arms trade.

Without some success in curbing the arms trade, every year hundreds of thousands of people will continue to lose their lives to guns, many more will find their lives blighted irreversibly.

Dangerous weapons

Immediately after Sophie's death, I knew that I wanted to do something to reduce the risk of any other person coming to harm through the misuse of guns.

My reaction to the shootings in Dunblane was much the same as that of many others, including the families of the other victims and the majority of the British people.

If guns were less easily available they would be less likely to be misused, and so everything possible should be done to limit access to such dangerous weapons.

We campaigned to change the law in Great Britain so that it wouldn't be possible for another person such as Thomas Hamilton to accumulate an arsenal of handguns, legally, because he wanted to pursue a so-called sport, target shooting.

Through two Acts of Parliament passed in 1997, the private ownership of handguns was banned.

I've continued to campaign with the Gun Control Network to ensure that the tight gun laws we have in this country are maintained.

During my work on domestic gun control issues I got to meet groups of people who could tell me about the scale of the problems caused by guns around the world.

Since Sophie and her classmates died, another three to four million people have fallen victim to gun violence

Across the planet 1,000 people are killed every day.

The majority of the victims are not soldiers but civilians, many of them women and children.

The world is awash with guns - as many as one gun for every 10 people.

In 2001, I had the opportunity to see for myself how just one small part of the world has been afflicted by a recent influx of guns.

I travelled to two different areas in northern Uganda with Oxfam.

In the Kitgum region, as in neighbouring regions, the local population is being terrorised by the Lords Resistance Army, an armed group that kidnaps children and inductes the boys as child soldiers.

This terror would be impossible were the Lords Resistance Army not armed with guns.

The guns come mostly from southern Sudan, scene of a protracted civil war, and were traded for cattle and other basic commodities.

The guns do not originate in east Africa.

They have been shipped there by arms dealers who appear to care little for the human cost of their trade.

Great benefits

An appropriate international agreement in the form of an Arms Trade Treaty would go some way to ensuring that no one - no government, no company or individual would be allowed to export guns where they might be used to kill and injure innocent civilians.

Until such a treaty is signed, the trade will continue, largely unabated.

In June there will be a key opportunity for countries to stand together on this issue and begin the process that will lead to a treaty.

The 100 Day Countdown will be a time when every effort should be made to convince governments of the great benefits that strict control of the arms trade would bring to the world.

Most of my thoughts at this moment are focused on Sophie.

But I will also spend some time reflecting on the fact that in the 10 years since she and her classmates died, another three to four million people have fallen victim to gun violence.

But I hope that as a result of what we do during the next 100 days it will be possible to look back in 10 years time and view the coming decade as the time when something was eventually done to remove the scourge of the gun from around the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4801092.stm
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

She was, by none other than Wayne Lapierre!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:11:12 AM EDT
[#43]
The answer and solution to the UN menacing our freedom (American and NOT American citizens freedom...) is: CUT FUNDS TO UN!!!

What the hell are the UN useful for?

Avoid wars? No
Avoid genocides? No
Avoid racism? No
Avoid starvation? No
Avoid rogue states to develop WMD? No
Avoid corruption? No

(list yours...)

I am working actually for an UN agency, and you don't know HOW MUCH MONEY IS WASTED IN BULLSHITS!!!

It is NOT only American taxpayers money, but also Italian, and French, and Britich and... and... and.. taxpayers money.

WHY THE HELL DO WE NEED THE UN ANYMORE?

Another question is: who is pushing in the UN for citizens disarmement?

- Japan: they don't miss any occasion to push in this direction
- Arab states/Asiatic states
- Few (but NOT ALL) European countries, like UK or Spain.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#44]
I plan on killing anyone with a blue helmet if this comes to pass.  Come and take them motherfucker.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#45]
To paraphrase another ARFCOM member, "...the UN couldn't take over 2nd Avenue."

Hell, we could probably bankrupt them by making them pay all their outstanding parking tickets.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She was, by none other than Wayne Lapierre!

hehe, I own that debate on DVD.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep saying that.

He should keep saying it. because he's absolutely right.  You're being very alarmist but the fact is, the US congress has to pass laws that affect the US, and nothing the President does can change that, be he Kerry or McCain or a monkey's uncle.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep saying that.

He should keep saying it. because he's absolutely right.  You're being very alarmist but the fact is, the US congress has to pass laws that affect the US, and nothing the President does can change that, be he Kerry or McCain or a monkey's uncle.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Senate also has to ratify any treaties that the president wants to enter into before it takes effect. Right?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep saying that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Senate also has to ratify any treaties that the president wants to enter into before it takes effect. Right?

Yep.  And for all the liberal bleating about how President Bush "refuses to abide by the Kyoto Treaty," the fact is, a Democratically controlled Senate under a Democratic president voted down Kyoto 99-1.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Small arms and light weapons are a scourge to world peace and stability.

I needn't read any further than this.

Translation: "Small arms and light weapons are a scourge to any potential world police state or global dictatorship."

Translation of translation: "Civilian gun ownership is what's keeping us scheming motherfuckers in check."

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top