Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 2:17:46 PM EDT

[b][url=http://www.washingtontimes.com/world/20020412-73662628.htm]Calls begin for war crimes trial for Israelis[/url][/b]

Palestinian sympathizers in Europe and the Arab world called yesterday for the Israeli government to be investigated for war crimes, raising the prospect that leaders of the Jewish state could be among the first targets of the new International Criminal Court.

On Tuesday, Lebanese President Emile Lahoud called for the Israeli leadership to be brought before the International Court of Justice for the "massacres" committed by the army.
                                               In Madrid yesterday, the Spanish judge who led international efforts to prosecute former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet for war crimes accused Israel of committing "crimes against humanity."
                                               Baltazar Garzon, in a statement to mark his nomination as a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize, said the "terrorist attacks" against Israel by Palestinian militants should end but that they "in no way authorize any state to engage in illegal responses."

Gee... when will it be OUR turn?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh! I'm just so shocked!  Who would have thought they would have used this court is such a way.  It is time for these third world toadies to seek their revenge.  I'm sure they will be fair and impartial.  Do I also understand the US is not part of this buffoonery. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In Madrid yesterday, the Spanish judge who led international efforts to prosecute former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet for war crimes accused Israel of committing "crimes against humanity."
View Quote

I would like to take this time to say, [b]VIVA PINOCHET![/b] [beer]

Baltazar Garzon, in a statement to mark his nomination as a candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize, said the "terrorist attacks" against Israel by Palestinian militants should end but that they "in no way authorize any state to engage in illegal responses."
View Quote

Note that he said it so he could affirm his nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize. [moon]

themao [chainsawkill]

PS: [b]VIVA PINOCHET![/b]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Screw the Un!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
my understanding,
klinton signed it, we are bound by default soon, if bush and congress don't 'un-sign' it.

so far, i don't see a stampede to repeal it in d.c.

koffee anus and the u.n. blue helmets - coming to your neighborhood real soon.
if you don't pay the u.n. taxes, they will haul you off to the u.n. court.  watch and see.

when will we end this b.s.??[:(!]

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I've said it in the past and I'll say it again.  This UN war crimes tribunal is BS!  Remember when there was talk about those UN AHOLES being able to hold US soldiers responsible?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
So I think Koffi Annan should send the blue-helmeted UN troops into Israel to capture these renegade Israelis and teach them a lesson they won't soon forget!

Heh-Heh-Heh![:D]

Yep! That's what he should do all right!

Eric The(ICanHardlyWait!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[b]Screw the U.N.![/b]
View Quote

Yeah!  What he said!

I like Eric's idea too [:D]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Clinton signed it, but the Senate never ratified the deal so the United States is not bound by it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top