Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2001 5:52:14 AM EDT
'Following this latest tragedy, the time has come to look at regulating these swords,' Jones said.

'I have learnt to my cost these weapons can kill. Anything we can do to stop people using them indiscriminately is worth considering.'

[url]http://www.observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,522035,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, they have had two machete attacks and three sword attacks in the last few years, so these type of weapons are obviously the criminal's choice of weapon.  never mind the skyrocketing gun crime.

I heard that they are also starting a registry for kitchen knives that is (right now) voluntary, but the store can refuse to sell to you if you refuse to register.

Anyone have info on that?
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
They might as well start serial numbering bricks, because these hack 'n slash incidents just go to show that no matter how many bans you set, and no matter how many registrations you put into place. People will find a way to kill other people.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
[%(]
FREEDOM !!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
When are these idiots going to wake up and realize that it is not the instrument, but the person wielding that instrument?  These are the same people that are against harsh punishment of violent criminals.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#5]
My brother is is 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo, and knows several other martial arts as that is his thing.  I reckon if he lived in Britain they would want to scrall a serial number right across his forehead.  Oh wait, that would mean something else too...........
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Next thing you know, her majesty will start making them register bathtubs.  And maybe if the police start accidentally stunning too many innocent people with their new stun guns, then they will start to carry water guns.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
'Following this latest tragedy, the time has come to look at regulating these swords,' Jones said.

'I have learnt to my cost these weapons can kill. Anything we can do to stop people using them indiscriminately is worth considering.'

[url]http://www.observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,522035,00.html[/url]
View Quote

As if anything they could do would make a difference. Australia's gone the same way too, "menacing knives" are banned, and doggone it, crime is still through the roof. Shucks, what'll they do now?

The real tradgedy is that the brainwashing in the UK is so deep that nearly all of the people hardly murmer about the encroachment, and swallow whole the lie that the Govt's "weapons" regulations are imposed for their safety.

Elitist totalitarians seek to reach a goal through unilateral disarmament, and guess what? It's not your safety, it's your subservience.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Well it's about time. Whenever I'm in London I always keep an eye out for accosting swashbucklers. That's a load off!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top