Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:05:57 PM EST
I always enjoy reading the Creepy Stories thread and the ones about Bigfoot, but I've never seen any ghosts or anything like that.  I did see something really strange in the sky one night, though, and just thought I'd share my story.  It's not all that exciting, but it was really weird.

My wife and I were on the way home on a pretty busy highway near Chatham, Virginia one night, when she asked "What is that?".  I looked over to my left and through the trees I could see these orange colored lights, three of them in a straight line.  The first thing I thought was that they were some kind of lights on radio towers or something, but I knew there were no towers in that location.  As we came to the end of the trees by a large field, we saw three "balls of light".  I would describe them as about the size of a beach ball, maybe up to three feet across at the most.  They were the color of fire, sort of that yellowish-orange color, about 50 yards off the side of the road and maybe 200 feet up in the air.  They weren't very bright at all, about the same brightness as a fire would be.

We pulled over on the side of the road and watched them move around in the sky, they were individual objects not all part of one object.  There were other cars that had stopped and were watching them, also.  They made absolutely no sound at all.  I had been watching one of them, and didn't notice where the other two had gone, when this one took off through the air and was probably a mile away within seconds.  It kept going until it was out of sight.  I never saw where the other two went.  I know it wasn't an airplane, helicopter, drone, etc.  My best guess at what it could have been was some of those Chinese lanterns, but they don't move around, change directions, and take off at a rate of speed like this thing did.  I have no idea what we saw that night.

I really thought it might have made it onto the news, as I'm sure quite a few others saw the same thing we did.  There were about 4 or 5 other cars that had stopped on the side of the road and were watching them.  I want to believe. 

Anybody else got any UFO stories? 
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:09:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2017 9:10:42 PM EST by pat701]
Love UFO stories. IMHO most of what is seen by us, is top secret shit that our military has built and is testing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:12:58 PM EST
https://www.youtube.com/user/secureteam10
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:17:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2017 9:20:11 PM EST by Green2Blue30]
I was on an impoundment in Richmond, OH about a month ago and saw the same thing, only green. 4 green balls of light, in a line. Moving south to North over the trees, about a mile or so from me, and maybe only 1000 feet up, almost right over our water transfer line. They hovered for a few seconds, then started gliding north, before winking out, one by one.

It was particularly creepy because the night before, I had walked about 1.7 miles of the water transfer line, which goes through a firebreak, with dense woods on either side, and could see weird lights moving around in the woods as I was walking the line. At the time, I assumed it was kids partying and messing around after dark, even though there was no sound. The night after that, when I saw the lights, I wasn't so sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:20:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2017 9:24:37 PM EST by grimhollow]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pat701:
Love UFO stories. IMHO most of what is seen by us, is top secret shit that our military has built and is testing.
View Quote
Probably so.  I used to like being in the desert at night, and looking up at the sky with my NVG's.  You could see all kind of stuff up there moving around that wasn't visible with just your eyes.  Most likely satellites and stuff, but makes you wonder. 

One other time, my roommate from the Army and I were driving to get something to eat one night, on post at Ft. Benning.  We were on a two lane road approaching a bridge that goes over a small creek when all of the sudden this white ball of light, about the size of a basketball, came straight towards the windshield of my truck.  We both ducked out of the way, because we thought it was coming through the windshield.  We turned around and went back to see what it was, but didn't see anything around. The only thing I can think of that it might have been, was a white balloon or maybe a white plastic bag floating in the air.  This thing appeared to have its own light source, though, and didn't seem to have been lit by just my headlights.  It happened so fast, though, it's hard to tell.  I'm talking like as soon as we saw it, it went over the windshield and was gone, the whole event was probably less than one second.  I don't think it was a bird or anything, this looked like a roundish fuzzy ball of light.

I don't know if that's more of a UFO story or something else.  I guess it could be, it was flying or floating in the air, and it was unidentified.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:26:01 PM EST
When I was a kid back in Springfield Ohio,saw this thing that looked like the business end of a mace.
Lit up a city block like daylight. This was about 11pm.
It never made a sound.

By the time my mom wrenched me inside and I ran the whole 30' from back to front..... It was a tiny little speck booking back off to wherever they were off to.

Do I believe in ETs?
You would have to be a complete idiot not to....

NO WAY we are the smartest things in the universe.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:28:11 PM EST
When I was a kid, my grandparents raised chickens for a big company in South Arkansas. Their houses were out in the middle of no-fucking-where...the nights were dark. My brother and I would help them with chickens, cattle, etc., during the summers.

When it was time to sell the chickens, we helped get the houses ready. The catchers came real late at night and stayed until sun-up to catch them yard pimps.

One particular summer night when I was about 13 or 14, at about 1 am, I laid back on the seat of my 4-wheeler and looked up at the sky. It was cloudy/overcast, the clouds were moving swiftly, and they appeared to be thin/transparent. There were breaks in the clouds revealing black sky, the moon, and stars as the clouds drifted. Out there, it wasn't usual to see lightning bugs, so when I saw one flashing off and on overhead, I didn't think anything of it. It zigged and zagged in random movements above us, just a little dot of light that flashed off and on as it moved.... then it went behind a cloud. That's when I realized it wasn't a lightning bug. I could still see the light flashing off and on behind some of those thin, swift-moving clouds. I quickly pointed it out to my little brother perched on the next 4-wheeler over. He said he saw it too.. After a few seconds (but seemed like several minutes), it stopped dead in its tracks. It didn't move, but continued to flash of and on. It stayed that way for a few seconds more and then bolted in a Northeast direction through the sky, moving faster than I can describe. I could see it through the thin clouds and the breaks for just a brief moment when it took off.

I have no idea what it was.. and it obviously fits the definition of "UFO", so there you go. I told my dad about it the next time I saw him. He was a deputy in the next county over... he said he had heard deputies talk of seeing stuff like that in the county where I saw the light, but then he said he also heard of some deputies that liked to smoke pot... don't think he believed me.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:32:07 PM EST
When I was about 14 years old both my brother and I saw something out the back window of our house. It was shaped like a triangle with bright lights on the corners of it.

This wasn't something we saw way up in the sky. This was large and appeared to be not that much higher than the trees on the street behind us. It moved very slow until we just couldn't see it anymore beyond the trees. No sound or anything.

This was in a rural subdivision a little ways outside Rockford, IL. No Air bases, no reason any military stuff would be in the area. It was weird and I still remember it 22 years later. And neither of us were on drugs or drinking.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:32:18 PM EST
Wait for it....

Wait for it.......

Wait for it......

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:36:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By bushbandit:
When I was a kid back in Springfield Ohio,saw this thing that looked like the business end of a mace.
Lit up a city block like daylight. This was about 11pm.
It never made a sound.

By the time my mom wrenched me inside and I ran the whole 30' from back to front..... It was a tiny little speck booking back off to wherever they were off to.

Do I believe in ETs?
You would have to be a complete idiot not to....

NO WAY we are the smartest things in the universe.
View Quote
I think that's unlikely as well, even absent any evidence, although I wouldn't go so far as to agree with the "complete idiot" part.  However, it's a huge leap from there to the assumption that any of them have actually visited Earth.   That's something that I'm going to need to see actual evidence for.  It's not reasonable to say "It's likely there are intelligent beings elsewhere, therefore I'm justified in ascribing any unexplained phenomena to them."
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:37:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By grimhollow:
I always enjoy reading the Creepy Stories thread and the ones about Bigfoot, but I've never seen any ghosts or anything like that.  I did see something really strange in the sky one night, though, and just thought I'd share my story.  It's not all that exciting, but it was really weird.

My wife and I were on the way home on a pretty busy highway near Chatham, Virginia one night, when she asked "What is that?".  I looked over to my left and through the trees I could see these orange colored lights, three of them in a straight line.  The first thing I thought was that they were some kind of lights on radio towers or something, but I knew there were no towers in that location.  As we came to the end of the trees by a large field, we saw three "balls of light".  I would describe them as about the size of a beach ball, maybe up to three feet across at the most.  They were the color of fire, sort of that yellowish-orange color, about 50 yards off the side of the road and maybe 200 feet up in the air.  They weren't very bright at all, about the same brightness as a fire would be.

We pulled over on the side of the road and watched them move around in the sky, they were individual objects not all part of one object.  There were other cars that had stopped and were watching them, also.  They made absolutely no sound at all.  I had been watching one of them, and didn't notice where the other two had gone, when this one took off through the air and was probably a mile away within seconds.  It kept going until it was out of sight.  I never saw where the other two went.  I know it wasn't an airplane, helicopter, drone, etc.  My best guess at what it could have been was some of those Chinese lanterns, but they don't move around, change directions, and take off at a rate of speed like this thing did.  I have no idea what we saw that night.

I really thought it might have made it onto the news, as I'm sure quite a few others saw the same thing we did.  There were about 4 or 5 other cars that had stopped on the side of the road and were watching them.  I want to believe. 

View Quote
I went to military school in Chatham. I don't remember any busy highways nearby( but it was in the 1970's/ early 80's ) has that area grown to the point it has busy highways now?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:40:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:41:00 PM EST
Everyone has a cell phone with a great camera these days, and yet there has never been a decent photo or video of something that people claim to have seen. 

Why do you suppose that is?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:42:49 PM EST
I lived in Phoenix for during the Phoenix lights and did get a chance to personally view the phenomenon. I was in Glendale and I viewed a series of brilliant white lights transverse the late evening sky from north to south over the town of Buckeye. In my opinion, it looked like a C-130 dropping illumination flares. I had witnessed C-130's do the same in Korea, and this is what I base my opinion on. I could not make out any solid mass, but I also saw no normal air craft lights. I don't know what I saw, for a fact, so UFO it is. My BIL gets pissed at me, cuz he swears he saw a triangular craft with the lights that blocked out stars as it went overhead. We had vantage points separated by miles. I don't doubt he saw what he saw, but it's not what I saw.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:46:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2017 9:47:38 PM EST by grimhollow]
Originally Posted By Hoji:

I went to military school in Chatham. I don't remember any busy highways nearby( but it was in the 1970's/ early 80's ) has that area grown to the point it has busy highways now?
View Quote
You don't remember Highway 29?  Maybe not busy like an interstate, but it's pretty busy.  This thing would have flown right over Hargrave by the direction it took off in.  If you remember Tightsqueeze, we were right between there and Chatham.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:46:31 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:49:00 PM EST

You don't remember Highway 29?  Maybe not busy like an interstate, but it's pretty busy.  This thing would have flown right over Hargrave by the direction it took off in.  If you remember Tightsqueeze, we were right between there and Chatham.
View Quote
Only time it got busy back then was on parent's weekend and before holidays/ school breaks with people picking up their kids.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:51:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By draver:
Everyone has a cell phone with a great camera these days, and yet there has never been a decent photo or video of something that people claim to have seen. 

View Quote
I actually thought to get my phone about one or two minutes into watching these things, but they weren't bright enough to show up at all.  All I got was a black night sky and us talking about it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:00:51 PM EST
Looking over Lake Union one night, a fireball streaked across the sky, maybe 500 feet above the water. When it got near the middle of the lake, a blue streak came down from the sky, perpendicular to it's path, striking it. The streak went all the way to the water, and the fireball burst into white light and dissipated. Strange sight for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:02:22 PM EST
Never seen one, and will not talk about it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:03:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By KA3B:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gU8zWT[RyeM/url]
View Quote
Thought I was the only Mojo Nixon fan here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:11:44 PM EST
OK, I'm game.

Firsthand, saw some foo fighters playing tag in northeastern AZ as a kid. Nothing too spectacular.

For your amusement, I've got two good secondhand stories -- but directly secondhand, told to me
by people in direct contact with the parties involved.

Normally I wouldn't repeat stuff but everyone is dead at this point. The first was told to me by my father (held a TS clearance and
worked in aerospace making parts for stuff he couldn't talk about, mostly missiles and planes, though) and the second I heard from
a mentor and senior manager of mine 30 years ago. Everything took place in the 1970s.

#1, via my father:
One of his immediate subordinate engineers came into work completely and utterly freaked out, and the guy was known
for being completely level-headed. The prior night/that morning, he'd been woken by an orangish-fire-like light outside his
window. He got up to investigate an a very large (house-sized), low flying orange ball made multiple passes over his neighborhood
(fairly far out from the edge of the city, like a distant suburb) at an altitude of a few hundred feet, but moving very quickly.
Directions changed and it seemed to be under control rather than some kind of random natural movement, there was a low
hum and a handful of other neighbors came outside and saw it as well. Guy was scared for weeks.

#2, far stranger, via manager. Manager was a former #2 guy to the manager of a Fortune 500 company division that did a lot of military
and government contracts -- so this guy's boss is very senior management, former WW2 vet, TS and probably SCI clearance,
engineer and just all around straight-shooter. The guy still pops up on google searches about the company 30 years later -- I just did
one. My manager was an engineer and WW2 vet and straight shooter as well, never pranked or lied to me for the years that I knew him.

This one is just wild. Very similar to the first story, his boss, the manager, comes into work completely freaked out on a Monday,
so my mentor asks him what's up, and the guy had been on a weekend trip out in the boondocks of eastern Arizona, had rounded a
bend on an elevated road and in the valley below him saw what he described as a real-deal, honest to god flying saucer, round
metalic disk, tripod legs, the usual stuff you'd see in a movie. And that wasn't what freaked him out -- it was that there were
what he presumed were people in space suits mulling around nearby it, that clearly recognized and reacted to the car when
they drove by. He briefly stopped out of disbelief, but when they started to move in response to his presence he floored it and drove
straight back home without stopping for anything but gas. My manager said he'd never seen the guy so out of sorts, pressed him
a little on if it could have been a government aircraft or something and the response was an adamant no, that whatever he
saw wasn't from this planet and he never wanted to speak of it again, and never did.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:14:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Hoploholic:
I lived in Phoenix for during the Phoenix lights and did get a chance to personally view the phenomenon. I was in Glendale and I viewed a series of brilliant white lights transverse the late evening sky from north to south over the town of Buckeye. In my opinion, it looked like a C-130 dropping illumination flares. I had witnessed C-130's do the same in Korea, and this is what I base my opinion on. I could not make out any solid mass, but I also saw no normal air craft lights. I don't know what I saw, for a fact, so UFO it is. My BIL gets pissed at me, cuz he swears he saw a triangular craft with the lights that blocked out stars as it went overhead. We had vantage points separated by miles. I don't doubt he saw what he saw, but it's not what I saw.
View Quote
The first night of the lights, or the next night?

A lot of people thought the second night of the lights were exactly what you described, but said that the first night was nothing like them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:33:03 PM EST
Last year was headed to the rifle range with my step-brother. We'll call him Travis, cuz that's his name. So at some point along the way, off in the distance I see what I can only describe as a white cigar-shaped object in the sky. But obviously it's not a cigar-shaped object, it an airplane or helicopter that's so far away that I can only make out the fuselage, right? Travis was driving and has shitty vision and no glasses, so he couldn't see it. I-64 East is pretty hilly and curvy, so I couldn't make out any motion per se, and after a bit it had disappeared behind trees and hills.

So last week I was here at the house, lying down on the living room floor to adjust my fucked-up back for a bit. Staring out the sliding glass door at a CAV-U day, just a little cloud puff here and there. Not far above the horizon, I see the exact same thing. A white cigar-shaped object miles off in the distance. Huh, that's cool, the same fuselage effect, right? I watched it for a bit. It was moving slowly from right to left, about the speed you'd expect for an airplane that far away. It started level with the ground but picked up a little AOA as it moved. Nowhere near the airport I might add.

After watching it for a bit I figured my back was good for now, and I stood up to get a little better look. Took less than 2 seconds to stand up and look again out the sliding glass door. Fucker was gone! Hard to explain the geometry, but my field of view had increased greatly by my standing up compared to lying on the floor. I tried refocusing my eyes and searching everywhere around the area I had just seen it. Nothing. If it had been an airplane at that distance and had fallen out of the sky, or suddenly accelerated to mach 3 at that very moment, it would have still been in my FOV.

So do I think it was an alien spacecraft? No. Best theory I have is that it was an airplane, and only visible to me at that distance when sunlight was reflecting directly off the fuselage into my eyes, then it turned slightly while I was standing up, and became essentially invisible. But who the fuck knows.

I have another one, but I'm tired of typing right now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:47:18 PM EST

View Quote

I saw a light very similar to yours last winter. I came home from work about 4 am and sat on the back porch for a smoke before bed. I saw what I first thought was someone shining a flashlight into the trees above me but then realized it was a dull glowing ball of light above the tree line. It flew across the sky as far as I could see, completely silent.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:51:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:11:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By Win_88:
https://www.youtube.com/user/secureteam10
View Quote
He can be pretty out there sometimes, but some stuff he post is pretty crazy. I really like his night vision vids. I have seen some strange shit in the sky. Saving my spot to edit tomorrow when I'm bored at work.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:59:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/11/2017 4:12:26 PM EST by OldArmy]
Witness by someone else AND myself.

On a live night fire exercise in Germany preparing for a deployment to Afghanistan myself and another specialist were on ammo detail. in between the troop movements there was nothing to do but talk. It was dark out, and we had clear sky and good visibility. Somewhere around 2am I started paying more attention to the sky and stars out of boredom trying to find constellations. It was then that I noticed a very bright star...that wasn't in the right location. Brighter than the Betelgeuse AKA, the North star. So I went all WTH? And started paying a lot of attention to it. I twas off in the distance just above the tree's so it was easy to use the tree's as a reference point. I noticed it was moving! I pointed it out to my squad mate who was also interested in astronomy. For a short bit we thought maybe it was a plane coming to an airport we were unaware of and had it's landing lights on as it descended in our direction... But then we noticed it wasn't descending, it was moving horizontally across the sky at roughly the same altitude from our perspective.

What the fuck is that? If it's lights on an aircraft it's the brightest damn lights I have ever seen, and why would the be shining in this general direction? It was then be both noticed something else, it was moving to fast to be a normal aircraft. It would have to be a super sonic jet to cover the distance we had observed it cover in the course of a few minutes. Over the course of about a half hour we noticed it kept changing direction, and speed. From our perspective at the range, if down range was north, it was to our west, as I said just over the tree's, and we weren't next to a tree line. I would figure it was probably several hundred miles away. (at least, memory makes it harder to judge now). I'll skip to the HOLY shit part now. Shortly before it disapeared in a spectacular fashion, it picked up speed and started changing direction a lot more, no longer gentle turns, they turned into sharp corners, near 90* turns. As I said I already had judged that it would have to be at super sonic speed to cover the distance it had, and it had picked up a great deal of speed. And that's when someone happened that left us looking at each other and myself going "Uhhhhh... Man I don't know what else to call that other than a UFO".

It disapeared, not as in the lights just tuned off. No in a streak J turn streaking away. Imagine taking a good pencil one that you can shade with well, do a J turn like line/manuver on paper with it, but as you complete the turn and move into a straight line, accelerate and press increasingly less on the paper. That's sort of the best way I can describe the maneuver it made and shot off into ?. Jansen, the other specialist and I were amazed and in disbelief. We both saw the exact same thing, at the same time, it wasn't something that couldn't be easily dismissed or called anything else other than what it was, an unidentified flying object.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:04:58 AM EST

View Quote
Because scary dudes in black suits will find you, chase you in unmarked SUVs, force you off the road, and confiscate your camera and all storage media to ensure that such photos are not distributed.

This very thing happened to the husband of a coworker of mine who took a decent picture of a UFO and blabbed about it on social media.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:14:08 AM EST
I had taken my kids to the park and when we got there I saw a lot of other parents had the same idea so it was pretty busy. After about 20 minutes there I saw something out of the corner of my eye come flying towards my head. I ducked and didn't get hit. First I looked in the direction it came from and didn't see any explanation. Then I looked in the direction it flew and didn't see any possible explanation. To this day I still can't explain it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:14:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By FALFOX:

Because scary dudes in black suits will find you, chase you in unmarked SUVs, force you off the road, and confiscate your camera and all storage media to ensure that such photos are not distributed.

This very thing happened to the husband of a coworker of mine who took a decent picture of a UFO and blabbed about it on social media.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:10:45 PM EST
Attachment Attached File

Weekend bump for more UFO's.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:28:58 AM EST
No doubt that there are aliens out there but we will never come in contact with them. The distance is a bitch.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:36:34 AM EST
Originally Posted By ErikS:
No doubt that there are aliens out there but we will never come in contact with them. The distance is a bitch.
View Quote
Warm holes, or whatever....

Or like what if they live under the ocean?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:40:17 AM EST
I've seen two.

Neither of which I ascribed to aliens given their location in Afghanistan and CONUS restricted airspace.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:14:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By esa17:
I've seen two.

Neither of which I ascribed to aliens given their location in Afghanistan and CONUS restricted airspace.
View Quote
I believe most of what we see is probably our own stuff that we don't know about yet. Probably drone-like devices. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:16:26 AM EST
I investigated UFO's for years-hundreds of cases in multiple countries. I'll just say this: Travis Walton who was allegedly abducted by aliens years ago gets $5000 an hour plus expenses for telling his story for one hour at conventions. Lots of people want that same gig and make up crap. They want to be the person who others stand in line to get their picture taken with and get their autograph. 99% of what you see on TV is absolute fiction verses the real facts of the sighting report. The so-called UFO experts on those shows are paid speakers at UFO conventions or authors. Authors write books - to sell - for money. It's an industry. Yes there are unexplainable sightings, but its not ET.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:28:38 AM EST
I got probed once.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:37:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2017 6:39:52 AM EST by Rustler]
I was driving through Alma, Arkansas and saw something similar to the OP's story.

Only in my story the three lights appeared to be coming from huge recessed areas that seemed to be from the same object because they formed a triangle. Best way I can describe it is to imagine three canned lights up in the pitch black sky but the light looked more like fire. I couldn't actually see the light source but it appeared to be very hot. They shut down in order. The heat source/light faded pretty quick.

Unfortunately I only got to see it for 3-4 seconds and my ex-wife barely caught a glimpse of the last two as they turned off.

We strained our eyes and drove over to where it would have been but there was nothing there.

They also looked like they were about 200-300 feet up in the sky and I would guess the openings were at least 40 ft across.

It was bizarre. Happened pretty much over downtown Alma. Others had to have seen it. It was very obvious.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:41:51 AM EST
I live in Corpus Christi. We have naval flight training here and have been aviation nerd since I was old enough to walk. When I was in six grade (back in the early 60s) we had outdoor recess daily. One morning about 1000 hours our group of about 75 kids and teachers were playing four square outside. All the sudden it got real quiet I looked around and the teachers and most of the kids were looking straight up in the sky, weird. I looked up and a highly reflective disk was hovering between the clouds at about 3000 feet. The Cumulus clouds moved to obscure the disk and about thirty seconds later two CCNAS A4s came hauling ass at about 1000AGL pulled vertical and went up straight thru the cloud formation. I remember the teachers all acting a little strange the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:43:04 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:47:06 AM EST
I have also seen something like that. I was camping with my family last August in the Stanislaus national park. It was around 10 pm and me the wife and 2 kids sitting around the camp fire just talking and getting ready to go to bed when I see a bright light off in the distance. I remember thinking it must me a helicopter with a spotlight on or something. I jokingly say to my son watch out looks like a ufo is coming for us and we all kinda laugh a bit. But as it gets closer its not making any noise and it looks more like a ball of plasma and white flames coming out the back. It flys by just above the tree tops at a very slow speed and disappears. I was in the air force for 13 years and i live near Vandenberg air force base and have never seen anything like that before. The only thing i can think it could be is a rocket or missile. But like i said no sound and a slow speed. I had my phone in my pocket but was just so dumbfounded i forgot about it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:54:02 AM EST
Never seen one, but I like this video:

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:06:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By Checkmate-King-2:
I investigated UFO's for years-hundreds of cases in multiple countries. I'll just say this: Travis Walton who was allegedly abducted by aliens years ago gets $5000 an hour plus expenses for telling his story for one hour at conventions. Lots of people want that same gig and make up crap. They want to be the person who others stand in line to get their picture taken with and get their autograph. 99% of what you see on TV is absolute fiction verses the real facts of the sighting report. The so-called UFO experts on those shows are paid speakers at UFO conventions or authors. Authors write books - to sell - for money. It's an industry. Yes there are unexplainable sightings, but its not ET.
View Quote
Care to comment on the post of my observation of a UFO above?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:07:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By DV8:
Most often times people are in a state of disbelief. It's not like they have video running or their phone camera open and waiting for Bigfoot or a UFO to make its daily appointmented appearance.

There is also the skeptics attack. Pic/video too good or clear, obvious evidence of a fake. Picture blurry or grainy, abviously a fake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DV8:

Most often times people are in a state of disbelief. It's not like they have video running or their phone camera open and waiting for Bigfoot or a UFO to make its daily appointmented appearance.

There is also the skeptics attack. Pic/video too good or clear, obvious evidence of a fake. Picture blurry or grainy, abviously a fake.
Speaking as someone with camera experience, good cameras always on hand ready to pick up and shoot immediately, I seldom 'get the shot' whether it's a deer at roadside (never got any of the moose I've seen), or something else. And my DSLR camera stays on & ready at an instant.
So it doesn't surprise me that few people can fumble with a cellphone and get it into camera mode to get a surprise shot
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:19:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2017 7:49:49 AM EST by Jack19]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:26:19 AM EST
Glowing balls of light appear in my area too. So do cattle mutilation. The guy I bought firewood from was telling me about one of his cows that was mutilated. Can't remember the details, but the calf had been removed too. No blood anywhere and no scavenger would come near it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:28:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:42:56 AM EST
I have 2 UFO stories. About 12 years ago I was at an outdoor concert and was laying on my back looking at the sky and saw a light making directional changes that no known aircraft could make. I pointed it out to my ex wife who also saw it. It suddenly came down out of the sky and zig zagged above the crowd. It was a metallic sphere maybe 2 meters across. My ex being a religous woman refused to talk about it.

About 5 years ago my daughter and I were out on my back deck watching a meteor shower. I broke out my pvs14s and we were handing them back and forth. During one of my turns I saw a cigar shaped UFO flying by about 200m high and 400 meters away. There were no lights and it did not make any sound. I never would have seen it if I was looming through my NODs in that particuler direction....totally weird.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:24:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By Rustler:
I was driving through Alma, Arkansas and saw something similar to the OP's story.

Only in my story the three lights appeared to be coming from huge recessed areas that seemed to be from the same object because they formed a triangle. Best way I can describe it is to imagine three canned lights up in the pitch black sky but the light looked more like fire. I couldn't actually see the light source but it appeared to be very hot. They shut down in order. The heat source/light faded pretty quick.

Unfortunately I only got to see it for 3-4 seconds and my ex-wife barely caught a glimpse of the last two as they turned off.

We strained our eyes and drove over to where it would have been but there was nothing there.

They also looked like they were about 200-300 feet up in the sky and I would guess the openings were at least 40 ft across.

It was bizarre. Happened pretty much over downtown Alma. Others had to have seen it. It was very obvious.
View Quote
That's probably about the same color as what I saw, but there were three individual objects for sure.  They were more like ball or sphere shaped, also.  It was about the same color as the glow from a jet engine when they are giving it the business.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:54:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By pat701:
View Quote
UFOs relationship with our nuclear programs are absolutely fascinating.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top