Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/15/2013 8:58:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2013 9:31:39 AM EDT by GR8TWYT]
Since I can't link my daughters video - check out this highlight reel from Matt Brown's 2013 UFC season. He's a friend of mine and has been teaching Austin and I grappling - until he recently left for a super secret training camp to prepare for The Outlaw Dan Hardy.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:04:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2013 9:06:28 AM EDT by Dilbert_556]
That was an excellent rendition of the "Sound of Silence". I love the minimalist approach!

Was that nice enough?

P.S. the link works now, but gives this message:

Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:06:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dilbert_556:
That was an excellent rendition of the "Sound of Silence". I love the minimalist approach!

Was that nice enough?

Can you help a brother out with the link? Chrome is not allowing me to hot link.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:13:45 AM EDT
You're back?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:16:59 AM EDT
Welcome back Sharky !!!

PS: have you been keeping up on the UFC ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:21:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tank_Dempsey:
Welcome back Sharky !!!

Hells yeah - started grappling with UFC fighter The Immortal Matt Brown.....(not the smartest idea I've ever had) - I have a kickass video of his to post too but Chrome is not being helpful.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:31:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wesmerc:
You're back?

Never knew I was gone did ya?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:37:20 AM EDT
Cool video, Hardy is in trouble if they give him Brown. Hardy isn't even top 10, IMO they keep him and Bisping for the UK fans.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:38:28 AM EDT
Matt is the epitomy of heart and soul in the cage, always brings it, never content to clinch or rest in some dude's guard,
has a nice selection of tools in his shed and everyone who signs a contract to face him knows they wont break him.

Hoping to see an impressive finish against our limey pal the outlaw............
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:41:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2013 9:45:40 AM EDT by Fella]
I always thought Matt Brown was just a journeyman and probably should have been sent to the regional circuit long ago.

He seems like a great guy from interviews i've heard so i'm glad to see he's putting together some wins in the ufc. If you told me a few years ago he'd win 4 or 5 straight in the ufc I would have laughed. Win lose or draw, that guy brings it. Not that I mind point fighting, or wrestling but it's nice to watch a guy just go for it. I suspect he'll win that fight. Dan Hardy never was that good and doesn't have ko power. The hype machine had a lot of people fooled when he was going to fight gsp. Paul Daley is the one dimensional brit with some power, dan hardy is just a one dimensional brit. lol

I trained with Jeremy Horn when I lived in salt lake, it's quite an experience to train with pro fighters. Even a mid level pro that fights or fought in the ufc can school the average guy that fights on the regional circuit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:51:55 AM EDT
hopefully Hardy will be cut after this loss (put money against Hardy folks) and then I'll not have to listen to that limey cock sucker run his mouth about one of the greatest of all times, Matt Hughes, just because Matt Hughes hunts. Better yet, just let Hughes come out of retirement to shut Hardy's mouth.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:53:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GR8TWYT:
Since I can't link my daughters video...

Tell me more Sharky...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:55:51 AM EDT
Seems like a good dude. Liked his class in the Pete Sell fight.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:08:00 AM EDT

Welcome back Sharky !!!

Your mailbox is full Amigo!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:10:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WhiteBuffalo:
hopefully Hardy will be cut after this loss (put money against Hardy folks) and then I'll not have to listen to that limey cock sucker run his mouth about one of the greatest of all times, Matt Hughes, just because Matt Hughes hunts. Better yet, just let Hughes come out of retirement to shut Hardy's mouth.

Said he's thinking about retiring aster this fight anyway - hope Matt see's to it. Wait until you guys see where Matt's at now for training camp. Inside the Octagon is following him. It's some hardcore Drago shit. I can't believe he is even allowed to travel there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:10:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:

Tell me more Sharky...

Shut it knucklehead!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:11:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2013 10:16:15 AM EDT by Mikhail_86]

Tell me more Sharky...

Shut it knucklehead!

Haha you know I'm just playing bro

ETA: Pretty cool video, always like to see Matt Brown kicking some ass
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:13:16 AM EDT

Welcome back Sharky !!!

Your mailbox is full Amigo!

Fixed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:56:21 AM EDT
tag for later
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:12:30 AM EDT
I've been a fan of Brown since he was on TUF. Gotta respect a scrappy dude that lets his fists do his talking.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:37:49 AM EDT
I remember going "whoa" during his last fight where he turned out Swick's lights. Seems like a bulldog in the cage, and a decent guy outside of it.

Btw, don't get hurt horsing around with him. I've seen what pros like Lauzon do to average joes when just farting around at the gym. Manhandling is the word that comes to mind.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:44:43 AM EDT

Cool video, Hardy is in trouble if they give him Brown. Hardy isn't even top 10, IMO they keep him and Bisping for the UK fans.

I agree with you.

Whatever, they're all fucked when my buddy Luke Rockhold jumps in the mix next month.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:46:04 AM EDT

Tell me more Sharky...

Shut it knucklehead!

I am also interested in this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 12:44:14 PM EDT
that boy needs a title shot...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 2:14:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARsforlife:
that boy needs a title shot...

They've been using him as the division gatekeeper. Bringing in young up and comers like Wonderboy and Ramos thinking they'll beat him and he keeps running through them. He has REALLY tuned up his focus and skill set. He's not the same fighter he was on TUF.
Top Top