Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 1:39:50 PM EDT
Yep, Zuffa buys out Strikeforce. I was pretty surprised to see that today.

Dana White says the two will run independently...I don't think so, it's just a matter of time before they merge. What I've read so far, Scott Coker will still run Strikeforce.

ETA: Sorry if this is a dupe.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I am thinking maybe they might run it light WWE.  IE Monday Night Raw and Smack Down.  Two different pay perviews and drafting between the two leagues.

That way a fighter can get KO'd in one event given the boot and he can roll to the other.  There can be unification bouts etc...  In the end it is all about good match ups and more importantly the money.

Max
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
wow dana white is really trying to control the industry.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Strikeforce is contracted for 14 fights through 2014 with Showtime. Until that contract is fulfilled Strikeforce will continue.

The good news is that Strikeforce now has elbows to grounded opponents.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
wow dana white is really trying to control the industry.

Of course they are. They have said all along that they want to be the NFL of the fighting world. They don't want MMA listed next to MLB, NBA, and NFL on the websites of ESPN, et al. They want it to say UFC.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Strikeforce is contracted for 14 fights through 2014 with Showtime. Until that contract is fulfilled Strikeforce will continue.

Yeah, I think they had like a 5 year contract with Showtime. Elbows on the ground is good news, they'll probably end up letting Strikeforce use an "Octagon" now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: Sorry if this is a dupe.

It is...

Maybe I could get that OP to buy out my thread.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I think they had like a 5 year contract with Showtime. Elbows on the ground is good news, they'll probably end up letting Strikeforce use an "Octagon" now.

Its already been reported that they will continue to use a hexagon cage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top