Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 5:36:53 PM EDT
We just put two in service as a Back Haul or PTP link between two towers to feed Point B and everything past it on that segment.

The link is up and passing traffic, looks to be running about 55-95 Mbps on average on 7-10Mbps the other way.
Distance reports as 563.00m, Seems close to what I'd guess.
Signal is -54/-53, we fine tuned from both sides, best we can get.
One of the things that worries me is the "Link Potential" is only 60% and it says it expects the signal to be 14 db hotter than it is.  
With that Short distance and not a huge amount of trees (only 1 tree in the path) or anything between and I doubt anyone else using 60ghz in the area, I'd think it much better than it is.
Local and Remote Data Rates both 9x
Capacity is 1.75 Gbps
Freq is 6690 Mhz, Channel width is 2160.  Tried multiple channels.
Both of them shipped with GP.v2.4.0. firmware, nothing I read about 2.4.1 made me thing I should upgrade it. In fact one of the WISP groups and a UBNT forum had several complaints about it.

I mean we are not getting any calls or complaints about services feed by it, but
the thing that is bothering me is if I take a laptop plug it into the same switch point B is on, both the Laptop and the Airfiber are linked up at a gig.
Then the switch, AF and Laptop on point A are all gig as well.

If we run a speed test on the laptops, newer both newer HPs with Gig ports, minimal crap installed on them, run Iperf3 from a DOS window/prompt, the most I can ever get from them is like 85-120Mbps...
I should be able to blast 750-850+ each way at the same time, or even simplex (one way)...
I ran them using the following command lines:
Iperf3.exe -s  (on one end)
Iperf3.exe -c <IP of Side A> on the far end.

If I log into each AF radio Master or slave and run a speed test from its built in testing tool, I can watch it ramp up to 800+Mbps each way,  simplex or Duplex.

Thoughts???

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
We just put two in service as a Back Haul or PTP link between two towers to feed Point B and everything past it on that segment.

The link is up and passing traffic, looks to be running about 55-95 Mbps on average on 7-10Mbps the other way.
Distance reports as 563.00m, Seems close to what I'd guess.
Signal is -54/-53, we fine tuned from both sides, best we can get.
One of the things that worries me is the "Link Potential" is only 60% and it says it expects the signal to be 14 db hotter than it is.  
With that Short distance and not a huge amount of trees (only 1 tree in the path) or anything between and I doubt anyone else using 60ghz in the area, I'd think it much better than it is.
Local and Remote Data Rates both 9x
Capacity is 1.75 Gbps
Freq is 6690 Mhz, Channel width is 2160.  Tried multiple channels.
Both of them shipped with GP.v2.4.0. firmware, nothing I read about 2.4.1 made me thing I should upgrade it. In fact one of the WISP groups and a UBNT forum had several complaints about it.

I mean we are not getting any calls or complaints about services feed by it, but
the thing that is bothering me is if I take a laptop plug it into the same switch point B is on, both the Laptop and the Airfiber are linked up at a gig.
Then the switch, AF and Laptop on point A are all gig as well.

If we run a speed test on the laptops, newer both newer HPs with Gig ports, minimal crap installed on them, run Iperf3 from a DOS window/prompt, the most I can ever get from them is like 85-120Mbps...
I should be able to blast 750-850+ each way at the same time, or even simplex (one way)...
I ran them using the following command lines:
Iperf3.exe -s  (on one end)
Iperf3.exe -c  on the far end.

If I log into each AF radio Master or slave and run a speed test from its built in testing tool, I can watch it ramp up to 800+Mbps each way,  simplex or Duplex.

Thoughts???

View Quote

It almost sounds like an alignment issue but it's not reporting like an alignment issue. I've not yet played with the AF60 products yet (I rather try and avoid Ubiquiti professionally). Your results seem very strange though. Have you tried changing the frequency?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It almost sounds like an alignment issue but it's not reporting like an alignment issue. I've not yet played with the AF60 products yet (I rather try and avoid Ubiquiti professionally). Your results seem very strange though. Have you tried changing the frequency?
View Quote
We tried every Freq we could change to with no real difference.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Could the eithernet link up to the dish(s) be the issue?
The other thing I heard about some of that gear is to turn the power down as low as possible, something about the front end overloading easy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could the eithernet link up to the dish(s) be the issue?
The other thing I heard about some of that gear is to turn the power down as low as possible, something about the front end overloading easy.
View Quote

My experience with the IgniteNet and Mikrotik 60 GHz solutions is that overload doesn't begin to occur until the RSSL is higher than -45 dBm. Similar to what I've heard with the Kwikbit stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top