BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 3:08:24 PM EDT
Two Sisters Attempt To Frame Sheriff's Deputy

POSTED: 6:05 p.m. EDT August 3, 2005
UPDATED: 7:12 p.m. EDT August 3, 2005

Story by wsoctv.com

BURKE COUNTY, N.C. -- Police said two sisters lied to FBI agents in an attempt to frame a Burke County sheriff's deputy.

According to police, the sisters, Jada Gillian and Tammy Arrowood, said the deputy was selling methamphetamine.
But police said the two women were the ones who were really dealing drugs.

The 11-count federal indictment was unsealed at a federal courthouse in Ashville Wednesday afternoon.

During the FBI and ATF's investigation, the agencies gave about $1,000 to the women to have them buy drugs from the deputy and have the transaction be recorded.

According to the indictment, the sisters paid someone $10 to impersonate the officer.

The sheriff's office confirmed the deputy in question was miles away when the bogus drug transaction happened.

According to the indictment, federal investigators said the women didn't even spend the money on what the agents wanted. Instead, one of the sisters is accused of paying her rent with the money.

In the federal indictment, it addressed that the sisters didn't like the sheriff's deputy. The Burke County Sheriff's Office said possibly in the past the deputy had arrested someone the sisters knew.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
So they gave them a $1000 to blow when they could have done the same with $50.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
HAHA!

Ben
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You might be surprised how often dirtbags make claims like these against aggressive and effective officers.

Care to guess what sometimes happens to the complainants when a hatchet squad with a largely unlimited budget goes up the cop's ass with a periscope and determines that he is clean as a hound's tooth? Jail is a relatively small part of the consequences. People who hate dirty cops hate people who smear good cops even worse.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You might be surprised how often dirtbags make claims like these against aggressive and effective officers.

It's happened to me a couple times.  Most recently a woman who was present during a warrant service claimed I pushed her down a flight of stairs.  She had actually twisted her ankle moving some furniture.  Unfortunatley our local DA doesnt go after people who make false misconduct claims against us.  We are able to take them to civil court under state law, but its pointless since they have no assests.

A flase complaint takes 18 months or more to clear and during that time you get passed over for promotions and transfers. So the crooks know its a good way to screw with us.  Fortunatley crooks are not very clever or creative and therefore their lies are easy to expose.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's happened to me a couple times.  Most recently a woman who was present during a warrant service claimed I pushed her down a flight of stairs.  She had actually twisted her ankle moving some furniture.  Unfortunatley our local DA doesnt go after people who make false misconduct claims against us.  We are able to take them to civil court under state law, but its pointless since they have no assests.

A flase complaint takes 18 months or more to clear and during that time you get passed over for promotions and transfers. So the crooks know its a good way to screw with us.  Fortunatley crooks are not very clever or creative and therefore their lies are easy to expose.

Do they actually sign statements alleging the complaint?

We prosectuted several under false reporting.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the exact reason why I don't like the idea of having a computer monitor "possible rogue" officers.. if BS complaints like this can fuck with the officer for 18 months, having it computerized could keep it there permanently regardless of the validity of the complaint, and after a couple bogus ones you find yourself without a job because the scum of society now have more power than those sworn to enforce the law.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone can translate this into Latin for me: "There is no maintenance except percussive maintenance."
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Those girls need to be tazed.

...and videotaped.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Mom and dad must be proud.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top