Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 11/20/2008 4:58:17 PM EDT
I stumbled across two new authors, both of whom I strongly recommend.

The first is Joseph Heywood. I read his book "Strike Dog". Kinda unusual character in that he's a game warden rather than a cop per se. Good mystery in the plot, lots of the usual "locals vs Feds" dialogue as well. Wonderful bubba characters as one would expect in a book dealing with a game warden.

The second is Jeff Huber, former E-2C squadron commander. The book is "Bathtub Admirals" & is loosely about Naval Aviation. Think a cross between "Catch 22" & "M*A*S*H" but without the other's rejection of all things military. Damn funny too! He briefly mentions the "Tailhook" scandal that rocked the Navy several years ago & how the Navy still shudders about it.

Hope this helps someone looking for new authors to read.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top