Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 4:23:15 AM EDT

TG is hosting their annual Badger Hunt.  This is a competition where two man teams each try to take out the infamous sniper that calls himself Badger.  Badger isn't your ordinary player, however:

It's so much more fun when your prey is hunting YOU.

Tactical Gamer's own Badger has generously offered to become the
"hunted" for this tournament. Throughout his military career which began
in the mid 1960's and spanned over 15 years, Badger trained as a ranger,
as well as a sniper. Besides being a qualified pilot, Badger has completed 152 jumps
out of a perfectly sound aircraft. In addition, he's conducted field
training with young officers from the Canadian Royal Military College in
the art of leadership and tactics. Not surprisingly, Badger is also
the author of our Ghost Recon Standard Operating Procedures.

Having played Ghost Recon since the day it was released, he brings into
this tournament his veteran computer skills and combines it
with all of his real world military experience and discipline.
Start polishing those rifles boys, and make some room on the mantel for a badger pelt. It's time to skin yourself your very own Badger!

The prizes are pretty nice, too:  Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, GhostRecon2 direct from the publisher when it's released, FarCry, Soldner, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, a complete PVR (think TiVo) for your computer, and a 6 month paid membership to TacticalGamer.   And that's just for the first place team that kills Badger the fastest!

Hope to see you there!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you going to register? I will buddy up if so and if you don't already have a partner. I have never played the Tactical Gamer Mod before but ill play...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you going to register? I will buddy up if so and if you don't already have a partner. I have never played the Tactical Gamer Mod before but ill play...

I've actually already got a partner, but there's a thread in their forums for people that are looking for a teammate.

Also, keep in mind that you have to be a paying member to compete for the prizes.  That's only one dollar, though, since they're running a Badger Hunt special...  Well worth the chance of winning those prizes, IMO.

I've been practicing with my teammate for this and we really have no clue how we're going to go about finding Badger.  He really has the advantage as he has no incentive to break his cover.  We are racing against the clock (and therefore other teams) to find him and kill him.   It's an interesting problem...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
is there any way to spectate? I would love to just watch. BTW I have played GR since it first came out, then I got it on Xbox, loved em all, then I got Desert Siege and Island Thunder... I was hooked badly for a while...
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:01:28 AM EDT
[#4]
GR got way too lame after playing with tons of glitchers on Xbox Live.

Digital
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
is there any way to spectate? I would love to just watch. BTW I have played GR since it first came out, then I got it on Xbox, loved em all, then I got Desert Siege and Island Thunder... I was hooked badly for a while...

Hmmm, I don't know if there's a way to spectate.  I'm pretty new to GR.  I never really got into it when it came out, but these prizes convinced me to go out and buy the Ghost Recon Gold Edition (comes with Desert Siege and Island Thunder) for $15 just to compete in this...  The TacticalGamer forums would be the place to ask that question.

Actually, if you already have the game and you play, I think you should enter the competition.  Those are some nice prizes for just a one dollar entry cost.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a reminder that registration for this ends on Halloween at midnight.  It's only a dollar and the prizes are pretty nice!  I know a few arfcommers have signed up.  I hope to see more!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top