Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2003 1:15:28 PM EDT
[img]http://images.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_170144009/xl[/img]
Two Die In Street Race

Driver Of Second Car Fled, Still At Large

Jun 19, 2003 11:26 am US/Pacific
LOS ANGELES (CBS) Two teenagers died during a street race in the Sun Valley area late Wednesday, police said.

The two boys, 19-year-old Vahe Parseghian and 17-year-old Tadeh Badalian, were in a black Acura, which they were racing against another Acura, about midnight when their car going northbound hit a dip at the intersection of Glenoaks Boulevard and Sheldon Street, said Officer Teresa Zundel of the Los Angeles Police Department's Valley Traffic Division.

The driver lost control, crossed into the southbound lanes on Glenoaks and slammed into a power pole, sending the car careening into a building, Zundel said.

Parseghian died at the scene and Badalian died at a local hospital, Zundel said.

Police were searching for the second Acura, whose driver reportedly fled after the crash. That car is beige in color.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
"The two boys, 19-year-old Vahe Parseghian and 17-year-old Tadeh Badalian"

Bye-bye "boys"!

"2Fast-2Furious" didn't teach you to deal with the "Dips"?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
SH!t happens BFD. I am 36 and in my day here in Dallas I used to street race my 70 Plymouth Road Runner...The the past 10 years I used to Drag My 320hp Turbo GSXR.......I saw people die all the time being stupid and it still happens.....

You play with fire.........
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Makes me think the guy who has the MR2 with the bumper sticker "Speed Kills...Drive a Honda--live forever" may not have been entirely right.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Those wacky Armenians, when will they learn?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll nominate both these guys for the Darwin award, they deserve it for being stupid.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Good thing the cops weren't chasing them when it happened or everyone would have burned the whole town down![flame]

[pyro]

[torch]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I use to race at the track, and after the first Fast n furios came out things just got stupid every kid with a civic wanted to pump it full of nitrous and race.

I always find it funny that the soccer moms wont allow guns but have no problem with some POS plastic rice burner. Teens kill themself far more often with cars than guns I can name about a handfun of teens I know that killed themself with cars don't know any who died from guns.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Those wacky Armenians, when will they learn?
View Quote

Don't look at me. I don't even own a Japanese car.[;)]

-Z
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't look at me. I don't even own a Japanese car.[;)]
View Quote

Heh. Oh, I wasn't talking about [i]you[/i], Mike, I was talking about [i]other[/i] Armenians. [;D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Dzl - No offense or slight taken. I am just horribly impressed when anyone can ID an Armenian surname. Had to say something.

-Z

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#15]
...and the body count rises.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#16]
[b]The two boys, 19-year-old Vahe Parseghian and 17-year-old Tadeh Badalian, were in a black Acura, which they were racing against another Acura...[/b

what!?!?! i'm told all those ricers handle like they're on rails!!!

[b]The driver lost control, crossed into the southbound lanes on Glenoaks and slammed into a power pole, sending the car careening into a building, Zundel said.[/b]

well i'll be...ricer pinball...what next?

[b]Police were searching for the second Acura, whose driver reportedly fled after the crash. That car is beige in color.[/b]

my gawd! i'll bet that's an attractive color!!! perfect for a high performace racing car.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#17]
less idiots to pollute the gene pool.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I feel sorrow for the mother and father of these children,maybe there should be laws against minors owning vehicles!

And sorrow to whom ever bought or supplied funds for such WMD to be build for the street!

Such a waste of youth.

Bob [xx(]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#19]
How come Acuras aren't banned like .50 cal weapons?  Seems like more people are killed in fast little Hondas than by .50s.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Darwin in action

Should have been called "2stupid2drive"

I hope these kids wake up and realize that racing in the street...no matter the car...is VERY dangerous.

Like someone said..you play with fire...you might get burned.

Race tracks/strips are the place for things like this.

If litigation was not so much of a sport, any town with these sort of problems could build a strip, put a huge "RACE AT YOUR OWN RISK" sign
and let em at it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Ban rice!  For the children!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Thats too bad that traffic was probably held up because of this. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#23]
adios!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Whoo Hoo one less rice burning japanese car![xx(]

Dad says that when he saw cars with those wings attached to the trunk, (the ajustable ones)  he would ajust it to make lift instead of hold the car down. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#25]
You mean those big ass stupid wings they put on the back didn't keep the ass end down?  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Race tracks/strips are the place for things like this.

If litigation was not so much of a sport, any town with these sort of problems could build a strip, put a huge "RACE AT YOUR OWN RISK" sign
and let em at it.
View Quote

Funny you should mention this.

We've been having a problem with this for a years now.

A good friend of my brother, a guy called "Big Willie", used to have a track. Its been open off and on. He had an agreement/lease with the city of Los Angeles and had the track on Terminal Island. Often, the harbor commission would close the track stating that they needed the land for a dry dock/whatever. Most of the time, the shippers would complain saying that the location was to far in-land.

He is still trying to get the track re-opened and some things are pending now.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SH!t happens BFD. I am 36 and in my day here in Dallas I used to street race my 70 Plymouth Road Runner...The the past 10 years I used to Drag My 320hp Turbo GSXR.......I saw people die all the time being stupid and it still happens.....

You play with fire.........
View Quote

320 horsepower on a GSXR? How was that again?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#28]
That track on Terminal Island is now part of a container facility, in 76/77 there was an old Navy Flying Boat down there and it was basically empty and then the terns nested there for a few years.  And then it was the track for a while.

Lots of Armenians in the east Valley now.  Living fast and furious does describe certain sectors of the community, especially some of the new immigrants.  Some of the older families were pretty staid, well the Kebakians and Balians were.  J. C. Agajanian he was kinda known for the fast cars wasn't he?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Its called thinning the herd, happens in the wild kingdom everyday. the stupid and the weak die off and the smart and the strong prevail.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:56:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Darwin in action
Should have been called "2stupid2drive"
View Quote

[ROFL]

[ROFL2]

If "the stupid and the weak die off and the smart and the strong prevail.", then we should be getting smarter and stronger as a species/society.......and I don't see that happening.

Gee.......I wonder what was the last thing that went thru their minds?

THEIR ASSES!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:13:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh well! At the very least...there is SOME good news. These twits have kindly removed themselves from the gene pool and won't be responsible for breeding anymore more potential Darwin Award winners!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top