User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/2/2002 4:17:52 AM EDT
...in the West Bank belonging to families of suicide bombers:

[size=4]2 would-be suicide bombers surrender[/size=4]
By DAVID RUDGE, Aug. 2, 2002

The Shin Bet revealed Thursday that security forces had captured two would-be bombers one of them a woman who had second thoughts about martyrdom [b]because of fears of reprisal against their families.[/b]

Jallal Halil Jarar, 17, of Yamoun village in the Jenin area, who was arrested last month, allegedly asked a friend, a member of the Islamic Jihad, if he could become a suicide bomber.

His friend reportedly told him that he would not be able to become a member of the organization, but that he would get back to him about his desire to carry out a suicide bombing.

A week before the suicide car-bomb attack on a bus near the Megiddo junction on July 5, the Islamic Jihad activist proposed that Jarar take part in the operation. [b]The latter apparently refused, reportedly saying that he was afraid of the reaction of his parents and that the family's home might be demolished in retaliation.[/b]

The woman would-be suicide bomber, Umiya Muhammad Damaj, 24, of the refugee camp in Jenin, surrendered to IDF troops on July 27. She allegedly told her interrogators that she had been influenced by the suicide-bomb attack in Jerusalem by a woman resident of Bethlehem in March this year.

She allegedly approached a senior member of the Islamic Jihad in the West Bank and offered to be a suicide bomber, saying it was a woman's right to have the privilege of perpetrating such an act.

Damaj was contacted two weeks later and was reportedly informed that she would be given the opportunity to carry out an attack [b]holding a baby as a disguise[/b]. In the event, the attack was not perpetrated.

She was later offered another mission. She prepared a letter for her family and was later filmed holding a rifle and a copy of the Koran. [b]A week before the planned attack, however, she surrendered, saying that one of the reasons was [u]concern that her family's home might be demolished[/u].[/b]

In the meantime, IDF troops demolished the home in Beit Jala early yesterday of the suicide bomber who blew himself up in a felafel bar in the center of Jerusalem on Tuesday, wounding five people.

A statement issued by the IDF said the demolition was part of the ongoing war against terror, including suicide bombers, their operators, and those who aided and abetted them.

The statement said that the demolition was to make clear to terrorists that there is a price to pay for their deeds and that such acts are part of an overall strategy aimed at preventing further attacks.

(....continued in link....)

[url]http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1027506428902[/url]

Eric The(GotExcuses?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
And what do we do if they start recruiting people with no family. I would be for every time they bombed something or someone the US sent them a brand new tank, for the cause. Until the bombing stopped or there parking lot became full. A US policy kind of thing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
What do 'we' do? Nothing!

But I am more than pleased that Israel is doing everything that reasonable people might think of to prevent the terrorism.

So [u]your[/u] point is that the HAMAS will simply recruit orphans? of kids who hate their parents?

Considering the fecundity of Palestinians, I doubt that there are many orphans on the West Bank, and note that it says 'family' and not simply just the parents.

Eric The(Realistic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:42:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever remains of the vermin that can be found should be buried in pig shit and that event should be on the evening news!  Posters of same put up throughout the West Bank as well!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes that was my point, at some time the Pals, will get people with no family to preform this function if this retaliation is made into a policy type of thing. Because it is obvious that they will not stop it until they are forced or have to. And yes I think "we" the USA should be involved, if only with equipment, then so be it, as we have seen what  our limited involvement gets us.  The World Trade Center, and a whole way of life down the toilet. Life in America will never be the same due to our limited  or if you choose our restricted involvement.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And yes I think "we" the USA should be involved, if only with equipment, then so be it, as we have seen what  our limited involvement gets us.  The World Trade Center, and a whole way of life down the toilet. Life in America will never be the same due to our limited  or if you choose our restricted involvement.
View Quote

And you don't think MORE involvment will get us MORE WTC's????[rolleyes] OF COURSE it will.

Let them ALL fight their own war. Get US out of the UN!!!!AND Israel!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.waronline.org/IDF/pictures/Army/CAT_D-9/images/194.jpg[/img]

Palestinian Urban Renewal

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And yes I think "we" the USA should be involved, if only with equipment, then so be it, as we have seen what  our limited involvement gets us.  The World Trade Center, and a whole way of life down the toilet. Life in America will never be the same due to our limited  or if you choose our restricted involvement.
View Quote

And you don't think MORE involvment will get us MORE WTC's????[rolleyes] OF COURSE it will.

Let them ALL fight their own war. Get US out of the UN!!!!AND Israel!!!!!!!!!

View Quote
The UN ,I agree with, Israel, is our one of our allies,and we need to support them. Because its the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... Israel, is our one of our allies,and we need to support them. Because its the right thing to do.
View Quote

I suppose you can show me that from the Constitution???? The US Constitution???

You wanna support Israel?? fine. Take out a second mortgage on YOUR home, and write them the biggest freakin' check you can afford.

But don't try to play the morality card (its the right thing to do) when you are sanctioning our gov't [b]stealing MY money to fund YOUR agenda.[/b]  makes you NO different than Tom Dasschole and Teddy Kennedy, with regard to big gov't welfare programs.

It ridiculuous on its face.

(And YES, I'm SICK of sending money to Arab nations as well)

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...Israel, is our one of our allies,and we need to support them. Because its the right thing to do.
View Quote

No matter how many US lives it costs us?????

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#10]
GM I think you have your head too far up your butt to see the facts.  No matter what we do the moslem maggots will keep after US and the Jews.  I much prefer that others help in the fight (Israel) and that the war be fought on foreign soil.  Appeasement failed in 1939 and it will fail in 2002.  These idiots were offered peace and refused it.  Time to introduce them to the horrors of war - not the limited "feel good" kind but the real deal.

Nuke Mecca!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#11]
[b]garandman[/b], where is the part in the US Constitution that says it was all right for FDR and Congress to approve 'Lend-Lease' for Britain at the beginning of WWII?

Well, wherever you think that is found in the US Constitution, the right for Congress and the Administration to support Israel is right next to it!

Still, maybe you don't think that 'Lend-Lease' was such a [u]smart[/u] idea? I mean, we were not at war with Germany, ourselves!

[i][b]Wie gut sprechen Sie Deutsch?[/b][/i] [:D]

Eric The([i][b]HoffentlichKönnenSieDeutschGutSprechen![/b][/i])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
GM I think you have your head too far up your butt to see the facts.  

Nuke Mecca!
View Quote

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[b]garandman[/b], where is the part in the US Constitution that says it was all right for FDR and Congress to approve 'Lend-Lease' for Britain at the beginning of WWII?

View Quote

Intimating that its OK to violate the Constitution re: Israel today BECAUSE we violated it re: Lend_Lease  a few years ago is a COMPLETELY false logical premise.

Either its there, or it ain't. While I've asked NUMEROUS times for the Aritcle and Section, NO ONE has ever produced it. Saying "Its OK for me, cuz FDR's momma let's him do it" was an argument I abandoned LONG ago.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#15]
You burn someone's house down, you just created a man with nothing to lose, and that is very dangerous.

c-rock
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nuke Mecca!
View Quote

Concur.
View Quote

Y'all pony up the cash for the nuke, AND the plane to carry it, and I'll wave you a cheery farewell as you head out over the Atlantic. [:D]

Have at it.

BUT UNTIL yer willing to do that, you are just trying to get the Fed gov't to [b]STEAL[/b] my money to fund your agenda.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:30:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You burn someone's house down, you just created a man with nothing to lose, and that is very dangerous.

c-rock
View Quote

Bingo.

SOMEBODY gets it.

And ALOT od somebody's DON'T WANT TO GET IT, cuz it doesn't fit the agenda.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:32:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... Israel, is our one of our allies,and we need to support them. Because its the right thing to do.
View Quote

I suppose you can show me that from the Constitution???? The US Constitution???

You wanna support Israel?? fine. Take out a second mortgage on YOUR home, and write them the biggest freakin' check you can afford.

But don't try to play the morality card (its the right thing to do) when you are sanctioning our gov't [b]stealing MY money to fund YOUR agenda.[/b]  makes you NO different than Tom Dasschole and Teddy Kennedy, with regard to big gov't welfare programs.

It ridiculuous on its face.

(And YES, I'm SICK of sending money to Arab nations as well)

View Quote
Just like when and if we go into Iraq, I would expect support from the Israeli, I don't belive this is a constitutional issue.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...Israel, is our one of our allies,and we need to support them. Because its the right thing to do.
View Quote

No matter how many US lives it costs us?????

View Quote
America has already lost almost 3000 lives, it is time to get off of the fence and fight the evil. Wherever it is found.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes, I agree with garandman.
We and the Israelis should be nicer to the Palestinians.
If we make them angry, they might hurt us.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
... I don't belive this is a constitutional issue.
View Quote

WOW.

EVERY issue is a Constitutional issue.

If so sure the Government is "stealing" your money why don't you put an end to it?
View Quote

I'm trying. All legal means available. But y'all keep voting for THEFT.

And when you think there are issues and policies that our gov't gets involved in that are OUTSIDE the Constitution, I don't rate my chances of succeeding very highly.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
c-rock
View Quote

Good God, man! These folks are willing to blow themselves up right [u]now[/u]!

You think that someone willing to blow themselves up NOW needs any extra incentive to do it later?

This article already shows that TWO would-be Palestinian suicide bombers STOPPED their intended actions because they were concerned that it might cost their families their homes!

You guys need to get a grip!

You don't think that Uncle Saddam's $25,000.00 check in the mail doesn't influence anyone?

Why here is an enraged Palestinian Mother now angry as all-get-out over the martyrdom of her son!

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020802/i/1028286018.3959652417.jpg[/img]

Caption: A Palestinian woman raises her hands in despair as she stands in the rubble of her destroyed house in the Rafah refugee camp in the southern Gaza Strip, August 2, 2002. Israel troops killed a Palestinian youth and demolished three Palestinian houses during a brief incursion into the Palestinian-ruled territory early this morning. REUTERS/Suhaib Salem

Ooops! Sorry! It appears that she wasn't distraught over the death of her son, but over the destruction of her home!

These people simply do not have the same way of thinking that you, or I, or the Israelis have!

[b]So keep it up Israel![/b]

Eric The(Sensible)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Cincinati -

yeah, trying to protray me as a wuss , or worse, a terrorist sympathizer, makes your argument more credible.

[:D]

or at least it makes your argument look more like the tactics of the Democrats.

Read Ann Coulters book "Slander."  I make arguments, you fling insults.

Typical Democrat-argumentation.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#25]
This reminds of debates about prison and/or the death penalty.

Rehabilitation vs. Punishment

Deterrence vs. Punishment
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:43:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
America has already lost almost 3000 lives, it is time to get off of the fence and fight the evil. Wherever it is found.
View Quote

And what I can only surmise you REFUSE to see is the very reason we lost those 3,000 lives.

Hint: It ain't because Arabs hate  blue jeans, and rock music.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Post from garandman -
Intimating that its OK to violate the Constitution re: Israel today BECAUSE we violated it re: Lend_Lease a few years ago is a COMPLETELY false logical premise.
View Quote

Maybe not, but it certainly shows that when the nation and its leaders believe that something is necessary to do for the security of this nation, they will find a way to do it!

And when others, for whatever reasons they have, wish to decry what is being done, they will find any reason at all to support their contention.

So, was the 'Lend Lease' a good idea at the time? Pretend you are FDR's mother and tell your son, yes or no! [:D]

And if you believe that 'Lend Lease' was a good idea, please give the citation from the US Constitution that permits such an action by the President and Congress.

Simple. Either the authority is there, or it is not.

Eric The(Constitutional)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cincinati -

yeah, trying to protray me as a wuss , or worse, a terrorist sympathizer, makes your argument more credible.

View Quote

What an odd post!

You end up insinuating that somehow I'm a democrat??

Interesting way of illustrating your point, I suppose.

(Here, I'll go back and hone my original post)
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This reminds of debates about prison and/or the death penalty.

Rehabilitation vs. Punishment

Deterrence vs. Punishment
View Quote

Actually its more about....

America being the world's beat cop vs. America being a soveriegn nation.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cincinati -

View Quote
No, you don't make arguments and what he said does not equate to anything Ann Coulter ever wrote.

You and others say 'oh, we might get hurt' and it does sound wussy.  It really is just a coverup for your true feelings.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... I don't belive this is a constitutional issue.
View Quote

WOW.

EVERY issue is a Constitutional issue.

If so sure the Government is "stealing" your money why don't you put an end to it?
View Quote

I'm trying. All legal means available. But y'all keep voting for THEFT.

And when you think there are issues and policies that our gov't gets involved in that are OUTSIDE the Constitution, I don't rate my chances of succeeding very highly.

View Quote
Maybe because when your wrong you are wrong. To argue a point beyond reason is fruitless, and benefits you not. The constitution is a good thing,  but not a valid argument platform for this debate.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What an odd post!

)
View Quote

hardly.

I'm just surprised you'd lower yourself to their tactics when you are capable of so much better argumentation.

I'll chalk it up to an over-casualness, or an attempt to inject humor. And I'll wait for your best arguments.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Post from garandman -
And what I can only surmise you REFUSE to see is the very reason we lost those 3,000 lives.
View Quote

Strange, isn't it that when all of Osama Bin Laden's statements prior to Sept 11th are reviewed, there is simply no mention of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The reasons for his Jihad are always the removal of the infidels from the 'holy land' of Mecca and Medina!

But after Sept 11th, his taped messages to his followers and to the press are full of allusions to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict!

Maybe he's been reading your posts [b]garandman[/b], and decided to adopt [u]your[/u] excuse for his Attack on America! [:D]
Hint: It ain't because Arabs hate blue jeans, and rock music.
View Quote

That runs counter to everything that I have read from those who write intelligently about Islam's war against the West!

Maybe you should do some research and try to find out if the Islamic world was opposed to Western Civilization prior to the creation of the State of Israel!

I have. And they were. But, please don't take my word for it, go find it yourself!

Eric The(StillSensible)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hint: It ain't because Arabs hate  blue jeans, and rock music.

View Quote
Oh but they do,  what is against the Islamic religion, television, woman's rights, Americas whole way of life is against the Islamic doctrine, that they preach. Not against valid Islam religions, just there perverted version.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:53:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Post from garandman -
Intimating that its OK to violate the Constitution re: Israel today BECAUSE we violated it re: Lend_Lease a few years ago is a COMPLETELY false logical premise.
View Quote

Maybe not....
Eric The(Constitutional)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

No, NOT "maybe." It NEVER is. Period. End of discussion.

And DO NOT call youself Constitutional UNTIL you pony up the Artical and Section that we can then discuss.

Its disingenuous to call yourself Constituttional when you REFUSE to show me where in the Constitution your position is shown to be a delegated power of gov't.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

When the hell did you become an expert on what Arabs do and don't like?

View Quote

Can you make an argument sans the use of expletives???

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an odd post!

)
View Quote

hardly.

I'm just surprised you'd lower yourself to their tactics when you are capable of so much better argumentation.

I'll chalk it up to an over-casualness, or an attempt to inject humor. And I'll wait for your best arguments.

View Quote

My "best arguments"?
[:)]

I'll go search for some of them...
After all, we've had this same discussion only a thousand times...  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Oh but they do,  what is against the Islamic religion, television, woman's rights, Americas whole way of life is against the Islamic doctrine.
View Quote

If that were true (it ain't) then we got over a million bad Muslims over here IN THE USA who have NEVER killed anyone for wearing blue jeans.

Shucks, they wear them themselves.

Are you just cutting and pasting FAQ responses from an anti Arab website, without thinking about what yer sayin'??? [}:D]

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My "best arguments"?
[:)]

I'll go search for some of them...
After all, we've had this same discussion only a thousand times...  [:D]
View Quote

Ain't that the truth, brother. [:D]

Makes me wonder what charachter weakness I have that I allow myself to get sucked back into them.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Tell ya what.

I'm gonna punch out of this one so as not to interrupt the "we hate Arabs" fest.

Have fun bulldozing houses, or if you aren't willing to go do the dirty work yerself, go buy some Caterpillar stock.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh but they do,  what is against the Islamic religion, television, woman's rights, Americas whole way of life is against the Islamic doctrine.
View Quote

If that wre true (it ain't) then we got over a million bad Muslims over here IN THE USE who have NEVER killed anyone for wearing blue jeans.

Shucks, they wear them themselves.

Are you just cutting and pasting FAQ responses from an anti Arab website, without thinking about what yer sayin'??? [}:D]

View Quote
Read the whole post, you seem to have conveniently left out the part about the "perverted version," when wrong twist and mislead, you should run for polictical office.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Must have got to hot in the kitchen for grandman. Or a tactical withdrawal.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:15:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:18:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Why did we lose the 3000?

Because we were viewed as weak due to the cowardly PC crowd and those like GM!

GM, I don't hate Arabs.  I don't even hate all moslems although I have nothing but contempt for them.  I DO hate the enemies of my nation and those who would kill me and mine.

I love peace and prefer to avoid violence.  However, when violence is forced on me I can be very vicious!  I am anti-war but believe when war is begun by others the response should be so horrible they can not even fathom it.

We were attacked because we let these vermin get away with this crap back to 1973 and before.  We should have invaded and destroyed these shithole countries decades ago when they showed their ass.

Unfortunately the ways of the world were much simpler in 1776.  I am glad our founders created a government that has been able to adapt to the changing world yet still provided a framework to protect out freedom from that government.  It has survived traitors before and it will survive them now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why did we lose the 3000?

Because we were viewed as weak due to the cowardly PC crowd and those like GM!

View Quote

Just for the record, I want the WHOLE WORLD to know you blame ME (in part) for the deaths of 3,000 Americans. So you can't delete it.

That's a pretty ROTTEN thing to say over the internet.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Tell ya what.

I'm gonna punch out of this one so as not to interrupt the "we hate Arabs" fest.

Have fun bulldozing houses, or if you aren't willing to go do the dirty work yerself, go buy some Caterpillar stock.

[}:D]

View Quote
Not to be confused with the 'we hate Jews' crowd.

The Jews did not fly airplanes into buildings in this country killing almost 3,000 people, Arabs did.  And please don't bring up the tired USS Liberty story.  Granted,that was a bad thing.  However, it is open to argument about whether it was a mistake or not, but there is no comparison.  The intent on September 11, 2001 was clear and it was greeted in the Arab/Palestinian world with rejoicing.

View Quote

Or, in other words, please mr. arab, don't hurt us.  We are sorry for supporting Jews, we won't do it anymore.

Don't give me that 'we deserved it' crap or 'it happened because of our support for Israel' crap.  That DOES sound cowardly and DEMOCRAT.  

Appeasement doesn't work.  Ask Neville Chamberlain.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#49]
If the shoe fits.......

What else can I think GM?  You support policies of appeasement and isolationism that lead to this type disaster.  Do you care if the entire world is enslaved by religious fanatics and evil dictators?  Should we have let Hitler and Tojo have their way, killing millions, knocking at our door?  What would you say to those men entombed in the Arizona - tough shit?

But I suppose you think Hitler was right about the Jews?

Get off your high horse and look at how things really are!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top