BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2004 12:46:53 PM EDT
That will teach our French 'friends'…

Frenchmen 'held by Iraqi group'

The headscarf ban has led to global protests

An Iraqi militant group has announced it is holding two missing French journalists, according to Arabic television station al-Jazeera.

The group is reportedly demanding that the French government end a ban on Muslim headscarves in French schools in exchange for releasing them.

The two missing men are Christian Chesnot of Radio France Internationale and Georges Malbrunot of Le Figaro.

The headscarf ban is due to come into effect in September.

Al-Jazeera, quoting unidentified sources, named the militant group as the Islamic Army of Iraq.

The station's newsreader said the group described the French law banning religious apparel in public schools as "an aggression on the Islamic religion and personal freedoms".

Signed into law by President Jacques Chirac earlier this year, the law forbids religious apparel and "conspicuous" signs that show a student's religious affiliation.

Jewish skullcaps and large Christian crosses will also be banned.

The law has sparked protests at home and abroad, with many Muslims saying they feel unfairly targeted

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3608886.stm
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
That will teach our French 'friends'…

Frenchmen 'held by Iraqi group'

The headscarf ban has led to global protests

An Iraqi militant group has announced it is holding two missing French journalists, according to Arabic television station al-Jazeera.

The group is reportedly demanding that the French government end a ban on Muslim headscarves in French schools in exchange for releasing them.

The two missing men are Christian Chesnot of Radio France Internationale and Georges Malbrunot of Le Figaro.

The headscarf ban is due to come into effect in September.

Al-Jazeera, quoting unidentified sources, named the militant group as the Islamic Army of Iraq.

The station's newsreader said the group described the French law banning religious apparel in public schools as "an aggression on the Islamic religion and personal freedoms".

Signed into law by President Jacques Chirac earlier this year, the law forbids religious apparel and "conspicuous" signs that show a student's religious affiliation.

Jewish skullcaps and large Christian crosses will also be banned.

The law has sparked protests at home and abroad, with many Muslims saying they feel unfairly targeted

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3608886.stm

Sad to say, but its a good thing, opens eyes. I have nothing too bad against the french people.
Hopefully they are let go.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the Frenchies are going to the extreme of the liberal definition of 'separation of church and state' on that law.  

Maybe this incident will open their eyes a little bit.  Terrorism affects all of us.  

And I must say also:

FUCK THE FRENCH.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Bummer. Imagine how the people working in an office of the WTC felt on 9/11.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Bummer. Imagine how the people working in an office of the WTC felt on 9/11.  

Like I said hopefully they will get a better view of things. It's a good thing but too sad it takes bad things for something good to happen
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Has France surrendered yet?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And I must say also:

FUCK THE FRENCH.  

+1
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Who helped defeat the British  during the revolutionaly war? The French.
Who makes really good bread and rich sauces?  The French.
They can't be that bad....
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 Sad to say, but its a good thing, opens eyes. I have nothing too bad against the french people.

Im not sure about the french people as a whole, but the french govt. can rot in hell for all I care. To bad they can not exchange the reporters for chirac.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Well the French have a history of losing their heads…
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Dumb terrorists.  French journalists are their best friends and de facto propaganda arm.  They're there to report what a disaster Iraq is for America and how stupid Bush is.  And what do they do?  Kidnap them so Muslim girls can wear hankies on their heads in French schools?  Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

As for the frog journalists, I really don't care.  Sucks to be them, but they weren't there to help our cause any.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#12]
These Iraqi militants are truely beasts, didn't they see the French white flag?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

French Canadian?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The french showed up late.
Italians make better sauces and bread.
The french suck
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Has France surrendered yet?

+1
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Some good Italian bread and some virgin olive oil with cracked black pepper. Add a good red wine with that. As for as those frechmen wouldn't it be great that you have a US military team rescue them. and on the subject of virgin olive oil, what do you call a 12 year old virgin Italian girl? One that can out run her brothers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Some good Italian bread and some virgin olive oil with cracked black pepper. Add a good red wine with that. As for as those frechmen wouldn't it be great that you have a US military team rescue them. and on the subject of virgin olive oil, what do you call a 12 year old virgin Italian girl? One that can out run her brothers.

Wassa matta wit yous? Ya mamma play wit ya peepee when you was a kid? Go fuck yourself
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#18]
yes, france has surrendered, and they will again

they will send those 70 french virgins to the mullahs before they die, a symbol of peace
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#19]
MrClean4Hire, hey I am more Italian than coonass so as a kid that was all I heard was italian jokes from my 100% coonass cusins.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I was sure this was going to be a joke when I opened it up
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Why do I find this humorous?  

Maybe France will start to realize the threat.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Hmm... I wonder what France really is going to do.

They have dealt with terrorism for a long time and have one of the most elite CT groups (GIGN).

This isn't to say they would send in the GIGN, but they DO have experience with these kinds of matters.

I'm glued to the story...

- BUCC_Guy

(Then again, they may just surrender... hard to break old habits.)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im not sure about the french people as a whole, but the french govt. can rot in hell for all I care. To bad they can not exchange the reporters for chirac.

+1 but in general I feel the french *people* aren't too bad. Hell same goes with NK but the goverment I WOULD like to see less of.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hmm... I wonder what France really is going to do.

They have dealt with terrorism for a long time and have one of the most elite CT groups (GIGN).

This isn't to say they would send in the GIGN, but they DO have experience with these kinds of matters.

I'm glued to the story...

- BUCC_Guy

(Then again, they may just surrender... hard to break old habits.)

Does GIGN operate outside of France, or are they purely domestic? If they were to try an op in Iraq, wouldn't they need logistical support from us?

Interesting turn of events. These asswipes are simply proving to everyone that they need a lotta killing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Chirac: Look we are going to send in a CT team and need some logistical support .
Bush: Hmmm.....NO.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
MrClean4Hire, hey I am more Italian than coonass so as a kid that was all I heard was italian jokes from my 100% coonass cusins.

Appena scompigliando con il ya

fate il più piccolo ver del dick i vedere anche

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So, where is the next Charles Martel of France?

He will be an American, or maybe a Briton. It's 1940 all over again, except nobody else seems to realize it. Most of the world will react cravenly like Spain and the Philippines, if similar situations happen to them.

Eric The(WhatWasAnIslamicArmyDoingAtViennaInTheCenterOfEuropeTheeTimesWithin200Years?)Hun

Why...spreading the cause of "diversity", what else?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

French Canadian?

Handy Franch-Canaddien phrases to know:

"Trow me down de stairs de hammer"

"Trow me out da weendow de baby"

"Me and ma brozair Pierre, we park side-by-each"

Yes, I do live in New England....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:48:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They can't be that bad....hr

French Canadian?

No...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:25:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm having a real hard time mustering even a little bit of  'I give a shit'.
What goes around comes around, as far as I'm concerned, I hope the Frogs choke on it !!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:36:39 AM EDT
[#31]

See, I was right. I said the French would pay for passing that law.
Too bad search doesn't go back that far.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#32]
It might take another 10 years, but in the end, France will "again" be a close ally of the US.

This temporary misalignment is nothing major.  And roots run deep.  Those who think they had little to do with our revolution need do more research.  And those in France who think their own resistance was anything but futile without the US backed Allies are kidding themselves.  

France is coping with a SERIOUS problem with immigration and culture change.  Islam is taking over from within.  This kidnapping may just be the spark that wakes France up from its weird belief that they can negotiate with radical Islam.  They can not  and they will become one of the major targets of islamic terror in the next 10 years.  Problem is, the result is way more intense for them. Consider if we had 30 million muslims here?

If I were the french I would be guarding the Eiffel Tower and like very carefully.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm impressed.  This news bit caused my Giveashit meter to bottom out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#34]
The french helped us win the Revolutionary War?

Becasue they sent over a few   military men to help out?

Or am I missing the cemetaries on a map where THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of frenchmen are buried here that took control of liberating  helped liberate our country?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The french helped us win the Revolutionary War?

Becasue they sent over a few   military men to help out?

Or am I missing the cemetaries on a map where THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of frenchmen are buried here that took control of liberating  helped liberate our country?

Some historians believe that if it were not for French regulars the British may have been successful in winning the war...
I don't know... I wasn't there, but it's possible.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Some historians believe that if it were not for French regulars the British may have been successful in winning the war...
I don't know... I wasn't there, but it's possible.

Not really, French regulars made no real difference at all Cornwallis was pushed to the breaking point in his Southern campaign by American regulars and militia, the French Navy did keep Cornwallis from escaping Yorktown. Either way Cornwallis was beat at that point for the British to continue the war at that point would have take fresh troops from England and that was an unlikely the British had had enough.

The French supported US during the Revolution so to stick Britain in the eye not out of any great love of US or liberty.

Either way and anyway ANY debt the US owed France has long since been paid and that balance is far in our favor. WWI, WWII, financing a large part of the rebuilding of France after WWII, ect…

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Guys, not every French hates United States and in fact a lot of French like USA for few reasons........

If you want to underestimate French military, go ahead, just don't get face to face with their paratroopers or French Foreign Legion members.

Every nation has or had bad moments and moments of glory.  Throughout the history the French had been fighting wars a lot.  Just take a look at any Eurpoean History book.

Their politics sucks big ass, but so does Canadian, British and of course American.

French behaved in similar way Americans, British ( and we Canadians too) behave and Germans once behaved.  So whats the big deal ?  Their morons boo US anthem which is really disgusting and they spit US cyclists which is even more disgraceful for the French.  But so does Americans do stuff to them.  For sex you need at least two "partners".

The French and other Europeans have WAY longer unfortunate tradition of dealing with Islamic Terrorism.  But they also have more experience too.  Their politcians like to act as ass-holes but eventually they realize that Americans, British and others are THEIR natural friends regardless of differences.

If the French hate USA so much then why did they have so many commemorations for 9-11 and why so many city squares and streets in France bear name of Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Frankin, Roosevelt, Kennedy and even Ronald Regan ?  Why there are so many disco's and cafes named New York or California ?

Oh, shit, no I am not a French.

Not to be harsh to you guys but to see and feel real world you have to travel and talk to people.  You can not judge the world from a cottage somewhere in the middle of prarrie while emptying Budwiser cans.......
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Guys, not every French hates United States and in fact a lot of French like USA for few reasons........

If you want to underestimate French military, go ahead, just don't get face to face with their paratroopers or French Foreign Legion members.

Every nation has or had bad moments and moments of glory.  Throughout the history the French had been fighting wars a lot.  Just take a look at any Eurpoean History book.

Excuse me for pointing this out but this French “bad moments” as you put it has been going on for roughly 150 years.

There is no underestimating the French the French military of 2004 is a joke the US Marine Corps is more than a match for the whole French Army. The French military is bad and I mean awful bad.

And quit with the romance of the French Foreign Legion it is made of thugs and scum.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Excuse me for pointing this out but this French “bad moments” as you put it has been going on for roughly 150 years.

Not really, rather something like from 1914-1964.

Be a realist not an emotionalist.

There is no underestimating the French the French military of 2004 is a joke the US Marine Corps is more than a match for the whole French Army. The French military is bad and I mean awful bad.

Well first, thats exactly what others say about US military.  Just go anywhere in the world.  They say that US military has too much technology and likes to exagrate about its capabilities and always takes on way smaller opponent.  

Don't accuse me of being anti-American, because I am not.  I am just informing you the stuff that you may have overheard if you have ever been abroad.

And quit with the romance of the French Foreign Legion it is made of thugs and scum.

LgdEtg is hardly romantic.  

Trust me, that scum and those thugs would make its opponents running into their own grave alive.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm just curious, how many of the French haters have a passport?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#41]
off with their heads!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Not really, rather something like from 1914-1964.

Be a realist not an emotionalist.

The French lost millions and accomplished NOTHING in WWI UNTIL THE US intervened.
Be rational not and not historically ignorant.

Well first, thats exactly what others say about US military. Just go anywhere in the world. They say that US military has too much technology and likes to exagrate about its capabilities and always takes on way smaller opponent.

Don't accuse me of being anti-American, because I am not. I am just informing you the stuff that you may have overheard if you have ever been abroad.

That is just plain silly and ignorant statement. What you “overhear” means absolutely NOTHING. US military capabilities are well established and proven as are the French militaries deficits.

The French have managed to field a undeniably second rate main battle tank and a aircraft carrier that can handle flight operations at full speed because the ships electrical systems cannot handle the load thereby crippling the ship. Reports showed last year they could only keep 25-35% of their Air Force in the air at any one time. The French own reports have showed their military of today cannot sustain operation above division size against any opponent for more that a couple weeks.

Trust me, that scum and those thugs would make you run into your grave alive. Again, no threats here.

BULLSH*T.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I hope for the safe return of these men. Unfortunately it may take something like this to awaken France and the rest of the world what ends these people will go to for their cause. But knowing France's history, they will probably cave to the demands of the terrorists or the public backlash from the potential beheadings of these hostages will be directed towards the French govt. and not the perpetrators themselves.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#44]
don't like to see anyone kidnapped.

France still sucks, if they and Germany had showed unity with the US, the whole war in Iraq might have been averted (though not likely) - still, they stuck it to us to pander to their Muslim population.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

The French lost millions and accomplished NOTHING in WWI UNTIL THE US intervened.

Sorry, US role in WW-1 was a minor one.  WW-2 was a different story.

BTW, we, British ( exuse me, Canadians too) tricked USA into war against Germans hoping to create a new bully who would do the job and take all anger of the world on himself instead of us while we will sit in the shade and drink beer.

That is just plain silly and ignorant statement. What you “overhear” means absolutely NOTHING. US military capabilities are well established and proven as are the French militaries deficits.

The French have managed to field a undeniably second rate main battle tank and a aircraft carrier that can handle flight operations at full speed because the ships electrical systems cannot handle the load thereby crippling the ship. Reports showed last year they could only keep 25-35% of their Air Force in the air at any one time. The French own reports have showed their military of today cannot sustain operation above division size against any opponent for more that a couple weeks.

Think whatever you want.  I am not a French and I don't care about what they have.  I just hope that you are not a highly ranking military officer of the United States of America.  And I care because I am your neighboor.  You may not give s*** about me, ugly Cannuck, but I care about you because I need you.  

As a soldier you must understand the capabilities of your opponent as close as they indeed are, not underestimate him as General Custer did.

Trust me, that scum and those thugs would make you run into your grave alive. Again, no threats here.

BULLSH*T.

Believe me, you have no clue what are you talking about.  If you are serviceman, I hope and prey that you will never be their opponent.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

French Canadian?

Fuck the Kanucks.  They didn't back us during Iraq Freedom. Spinless ingrates.  If SHTF who are they going to call for help??????
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, US role in WW-1 was a minor one.  WW-2 was a different story.

BTW, we, British ( exuse me, Canadians too) tricked USA into war against Germans hoping to create a new bully who would do the job and take all anger of the world on himself instead of us while we will sit in the shade and drink beer.

Think whatever you want.  I am not a French and I don't care about what they have.  I just hope that you are not a highly ranking military officer of the United States of America.  And I care because I am your neighboor.  You may not give s*** about me, ugly Cannuck, but I care about you because I need you.  

As a soldier you must understand the capabilities of your opponent as close as they indeed are, not underestimate him as General Custer did.

BULLSH*T.

Believe me, you have no clue what are you talking about.  If you are serviceman, I hope and prey that you will never be their opponent.  

I assure you, my Canuck friend, most of the rabid anti-French, anti-Israeli, anti-whatever crowd here has likely never left their home state.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
don't like to see anyone kidnapped.

France still sucks, if they and Germany had showed unity with the US, the whole war in Iraq might have been averted (though not likely) - still, they stuck it to us to pander to their Muslim population.

First, US has also large Muslim population.  Detroit, Oregon, etc.  Thos ein Oregon are becoming very dangerous.  They are currently trying to link with Muslim immigrant communities in B.C.  So what is next, new Muslim state on Western Coast.  We will see the outcome.

Well  the deal is to go ahead with some political conflicts amoung western nations in order to convince Muslims that not everybody is aginst them.  The idea is to avoid unecessary war between cultures.  The point is to win the smart way intead of destructive way.  Sorry we can not kill them all and not without the price for us despite the supremacy in Western technology.  

In that name almost all nations participate in war on terror.  I could go over even why is that some Canadins oppenly express the hate toward Americans.  Yes some really think that way.  Of course there are Americans who hate Canadians even more.  But the name of the game is to "distance" ourselevs from the US in order to get into the enemy's tent as someone who "also hates US".  That way we are closer to the real enemy and thats how you gather intelligence.  

TO survive we have to convince white women to exercise more fidelty and to agree to give birth to more white children.  If you think that's disgusting to say, amigos,  thats how you ewill keep your hometown free from foreigners.  By having more your own babies.

Thanks God, that most of people are stupid and they don't understand real flow and objectives of politics.  Because if they would, mankind would dissapear long time ago.    
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

French Canadian?

Fuck the Kanucks.  They didn't back us during Iraq Freedom. Spinless ingrates.  If SHTF who are they going to call for help??????

We backed you in Afghanistan.  We went there to avenge our neigboors as well as our own citizens who died in Twin Towers, may they rise again.

We did not want to go in Iraq.  I personally supported going in to check if there are WMA and to topple the Saddam.  After that I was saying go home.  Not staying there for more than a year.

USA spent 200 billion dollars on war in Iraq.  Canada is 10x smaller.  SO we would have to spent 20 billion dollars that we don't have.  Sorry, but our intelligence knew that there are no WMD there any more.  As well the rest of the world shared the opinion.  

The majority of fallen US soldiers lost their life after the major operations were over and after Sadam switched from palace to  a rat hole.  Thats too much of blood for nothing.  200 billion could buy a lot of oil, build a lot of schools, bridges, create jobs.  Spending 200 billion on an ugly sandbox called Iraq is way too much.  All Iraqi sand is not worth ONE SINGLE CANADIAN TOOTH let alone ONE SINGLE LIFE.

I personally favour Conseravtives in Canada and Republicans in USA.  However, unfortunately, the leadership skills of GWB has not impressed me and I mark him very low.  I still hope that he will win ( even though it is not my business) since as a gun owner I wish you guys to enjoy the toys you are granted by your own constitution to enjoy.

Sure we have morons in our government too.

As for asking for help,LS2, we are crazy and equiped enough to fight for ourselves.  And if you think that we are cowards and pussies just read some litearture about Her Majesty Canadian soldiers.  If thats not enough, ask US soldiers who had a chance to see Canucks in action.  If even thats not convincing, come up here, we will show you.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Sorry, US role in WW-1 was a minor one. WW-2 was a different story.

Sorry but however minor it was the deciding factor, France would not have survived without our minor help.

Think whatever you want. I am not a French and I don't care about what they have.

They why spout off about things you have no knowledge of…

Believe me, you have no clue what are you talking about. If you are serviceman, I hope and prey that you will never be their opponent..

More verbal gymnastics and NO substance…

That is incredible spew out bull and when called on it avoid the subject, you have little idea of history and admitted no knowledge of current US or French military capability and have proved that.

I assure you, my Canuck friend, most of the rabid anti-French, anti-Israeli, anti-whatever crowd here has likely never left their home state.

I assure you France is no friend of the United States and all the irrelevant diversion you want to throw out will not change that fact.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top