Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:30:51 PM EST
Just saw this. It sounds to me like Trumps campaign manager is saying that trump is pretending to get votes and is now ending phase 1 and moving into phase 2 which will be more what the gop-e will want.

Please spin this for me trump people. Does this make you more or less confident?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:31:42 PM EST
Shitpost.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:32:23 PM EST
God help us
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:32:56 PM EST
FP did not NI.

I fully expected this. He's gotta pivot because he has been acting. A man with the views he previously held did not flip the switch over night. He's always been a showman.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:33:07 PM EST
It sounds like phase 2 is the same as phase 1; get votes.

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:34:48 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By itstock:
It sounds like phase 2 is the same as phase 1; get votes.

Am I missing something?
View Quote

Apparently. Means people who voted for donald voted for a false persona. Unless you're voting for his looks.. then i guess it doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:36:13 PM EST
I had always kind of figured his over the top stuff was just to win the nomination. But when it came to the general, he knew he'd have to bring more substance to the table. No way he would win the general by basically just being an asshole to everyone..lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:44:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By dskeet:
I had always kind of figured his over the top stuff was just to win the nomination. But when it came to the general, he knew he'd have to bring more substance to the table. No way he would win the general by basically just being an asshole to everyone..lol
View Quote

He's an off the cuff speaker, so there is some substance to what he says since he is saying what he thinks. However, he can give good scripted speeches. The AIPAC speech he gave would be a great example of said scripted speech.

I believe that Trump is a lot smarter than some people here like to believe otherwise. He did not get to his status/fame/position by being a dummy. Far from that in fact.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:45:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/22/2016 10:45:36 PM EST by ranging-by-zipcode]
View Quote

Agree

but on the flip side he's always been flamboyant even in interviews he's given years ago .

The video posted isn't a revelation of any sort really. I'm sure when he has business meetings , board room meetings , financial meetings with banks and investors
he's a more serious less flamboyant person than what we see on TV

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:47:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/22/2016 10:49:31 PM EST by Alwaysright]
Some people still believe WWE wrestling and reality TV is real. Same demographics.

Please don't shatter so many dreams.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:49:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By Valintino:

He's an off the cuff speaker, so there is some substance to what he says since he is saying what he thinks. However, he can give good scripted speeches. The AIPAC speech he gave would be a great example of said scripted speech.

I believe that Trump is a lot smarter than some people here like to believe otherwise. He did not get to his status/fame/position by being a dummy. Far from that in fact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't think trump is dumb at all. I think he's an opportunist and a centrist masquerading as a conservative/nationalist in order to garner the support of the angry gop base. He capitalized on it like a mofo. Unfortunately, we finally had decent candidates for once and he came in and sucked the air out of the room.

Also unfortunately, he played the anger card too heavily and tanked his public perception. We're most likely really fucked for November
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:50:31 PM EST

View All Quotes

Oh I agree. What I mean by over the top is his unscripted speeches where he basically spends most of the time trashing other people, but not really offering many specifics about his own plans. It's like his early strategy was to just get people to rally around him by saying what they all want to hear. Then eventually he would switch gears and bring more substance in the form of real plans and ideas and less name calling and all that. We are starting to see this second phase.

I think his entire campaign looks like a circus to an outsider, but it has been very calculated by him and his team.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:51:25 PM EST
Sorta like a politician?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:56:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By elbeefalo:
Sorta like a politician?
View Quote

no no no. Trump is an outsider! Down with the establishment!

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:57:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By ThreeNinesFine:
Shitpost.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:59:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By BigPony:

View All Quotes
Shitpost.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:03:18 PM EST
The only thing shitty about this post is all the Trump supporters who will blindly follow Donald, regardless of what he did. If Ted Cruz stood up there and pulled the same shit, I'd be voting for Gary Johnson.

It's the unfortunate reality of when a supporter bets the house on a horse.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:05:51 PM EST
WOW you mean that you might actually have to change your strategies during different phases of a campaign? NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:10:02 PM EST
He's got the best people spinning this and you fools keep taking the bait. Wait till phase 2 is fully implemented. It's gonna be yuge. He's going to start dragging Hillary through the barnyard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:12:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By tominjax:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tominjax:
Shitpost.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:12:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
Just saw this. It sounds to me like Trumps campaign manager is saying that trump is pretending to get votes and is now ending phase 1 and moving into phase 2 which will be more what the gop-e will want.

Please spin this for me trump people. Does this make you more or less confident?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mki6hhg_mas
View Quote

What for?

Trump will be the nominee, the anti Trump threads that Cruzbots have become accustomed to posting are no longer worth arguing over.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:13:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By pilotman:
WOW you mean that you might actually have to change your strategies during different phases of a campaign? NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

View Quote

lol no. Trump put on his best showmanship act in order to take advantage of the real anger that the gop base was exhibiting. Trump doesn't believe half the shit he says. That's why he can change an answer 3 fucking times in one day.

But please, spin baby spin
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:14:19 PM EST

View All Quotes
Shitpost.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:23:10 PM EST

View Quote

Changing tactics, focusing certain issues for different groups... I get that. But it all falls back on principles and how the candidate will do things. Thats natural. Not outright bullshit from one group to another. But what Manafort is saying is that the things trump says on the stump, is to create an image or persona while he is stumping for that purpose.

What that means to me is that he might say "i am pro 2nd amendment. MOLON LABE!" while stumping for OUR votes, but when elected would be "lets get these guns off the streets. people are dying everywhere! not good! the people have spoken." It also means he is another fuckhead who says shit to get elected then does something else. you know, like all those fuckers in congress. Ted Cruz has a great name for it. "Campaign Conservative". Maybe I am reading too much into it.. but with so much on the line, why take the high risk choice? Besides, Trump would be far more effective on the sidelines shouting down the fuckers not making america great. can't do that as president.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:28:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/22/2016 11:29:41 PM EST by confusiussaid]

Changing tactics, focusing certain issues for different groups... I get that. But it all falls back on principles and how the candidate will do things. Thats natural. Not outright bullshit from one group to another. But what Manafort is saying is that the things trump says on the stump, is to create an image or persona while he is stumping for that purpose.

What that means to me is that he might say "i am pro 2nd amendment. MOLON LABE!" while stumping for OUR votes, but when elected would be "lets get these guns off the streets. people are dying everywhere! not good! the people have spoken." It also means he is another fuckhead who says shit to get elected then does something else. you know, like all those fuckers in congress. Ted Cruz has a great name for it. "Campaign Conservative". Maybe I am reading too much into it.. but with so much on the line, why take the high risk choice? Besides, Trump would be far more effective on the sidelines shouting down the fuckers not making america great. can't do that as president.
View All Quotes

To your point in red, he most certainly can do that
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:28:57 PM EST
Not my first choice but Im ok with this.

I could come up with multiple reasons, but here is a good one: Paul Ryan. Seriously, that asshole is shit in my cut.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:35:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:
Some people still believe WWE wrestling and reality TV is real. Same demographics.

Please don't shatter so many dreams.

View Quote
Yep. It's the GOPwwe.
Top Top