Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 5:53:51 AM EDT
Hollywood, Florida (CNN)Donald Trump's new delegate guru told Republican Party insiders at a posh resort here on Thursday that the billionaire front-runner is ready to work with the GOP to "evolve" as a candidate past the divisive primary.

But 1,100 miles away in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Trump told his supporters the system is "rigged" and "crooked."
This is the dilemma facing the Republican National Committee and its members meeting here this week: Can they cope with Trump, an unpredictable personality who has come this close to winning the presidential nomination with a campaign leaning heavily on direct anger at GOP officials and institutions?

Paul Manafort, Trump's senior adviser and a long-time Republican operative, said that Trump understands the changing nature of the campaign and is prepared to "evolve."
"He recognizes that things aren't static. That what is right to start the campaign isn't necessarily the way you finish the campaign," Manafort told CNN Thursday night after he met with RNC officials here.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/politics/trump-gop-insiders-florida/index.html
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:58:02 AM EDT
Can't wait to see they way this is spun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:08:13 AM EDT
This can be translated to:

"I've been an asshole and i'm winning because i trashed you guys during this campaign.  If i dont get the 1,237 delegates, just give me the nomination.  I promise I'll work with you guys."

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:10:28 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"I've been an asshole and i'm winning because i trashed you guys during this campaign.  If i dont get the 1,237 delegates, just give me the nomination.  I promise I'll work with you guys."

View Quote

..and of course with his ego, he probably believes they believe him.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:10:51 AM EDT
He is clearly the leading GOP candidate. It shows how fucked up the GOP is that there is confusion over how to handle that fact.
Yay team.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:10:57 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

...or, I fucked up your party.   Now I want to sleep with your wife.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:35:54 AM EDT
"Sorry I had a fight, at your Black Panther Party."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top