Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2016 8:35:43 AM EDT
I think we all agree....but if he's elected, do you think he'll pursue this? Does he feel that strongly about it? Or is he blowing sunshine up voters' asses? Not really sure if that's even something a President can pursue to be honest, but if so, you think he will?

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#1]
If Obola can sick the justice department on Zim-Zam & Arpaio, why not?

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure I trust him, but damn he is saying what we want to hear.

It is about time we got someone in office that made all the previous and current elected officials liable for their actions, if we had some gallows setup and heads started swinging, maybe, just maybe our country would turn around.

Okay, back to reality, he will be no different then the others once in office, sadly they all become what we hate.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure he can.  The only thing stopping it right now is the Whine Haus.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Obama and our fast becoming third world government are what is keeping her out of jail.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Considering the vast majority of the government is actually controlled by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats, I don't expect much to change no matter who gets elected President.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not sure I trust him, but damn he is saying what we want to hear.

It is about time we got someone in office that made all the previous and current elected officials liable for their actions, if we had some gallows setup and heads started swinging, maybe, just maybe our country would turn around.

Okay, back to reality, he will be no different then the others once in office, sadly they all become what we hate.
View Quote

He will have a big head start in GD as the Cruz fan-boys will always despise him. They will have FDT stickers made for the windows of their Bro-Dozers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#7]
0bama will grant her a Presidential pardon for any past "crimes", and DT won't be able to do shit. It's a nice dream to have though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope so.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
0bama will grant her a Presidential pardon for any past "crimes", and DT won't be able to do shit. It's a nice dream to have though.
View Quote

There is no love lost between the Clintons and the Obamas

He may very well hang her out to dry
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is honor among thieves
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone who can make government officials as accountable as the average citizen for any and all crimes has got my vote. Sadly, I think that person is as common as a unicorn and I doubt Trump could pull it off anymore than anyone else could. It does make for great sound bites though, and at this point I'd say that defines Donald Trump's appeal.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope he wont be able to do it cause the Obama will issue a presidential pardon for her before he exits the white house.

EBR
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not going to happen, and here is why. If Obama gave her a pardon and congress called her to testify she would have much incentive to tell the truth and little to lie. She could be sent to prison for not telling them the truth and be free if she did.

Edit: Then he could go to prison on her testimony.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Jail wouldn't be a fair punishment for her.
FHRCWYD
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nope he wont be able to do it cause the Obama will issue a presidential pardon for her before he exits the white house.

EBR
View Quote

I predict that preemptive pardons will rain down on the Obama administration in FBHO's last few weeks in office.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#17]
How awkward is it having to jail one of your wedding guests?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And, when trying to mount a defense, Hillary would take Obama's legacy down with her.  So Obama will pardon her on the way out the door in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There is NO honor among thieves
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is NO honor among thieves

FIFY

Either could and would fuck the other over if desired, needed, or just because.

Who's to say that the Clintons didn't somehow knife Trump in the back bad enough (real or perceived by Trump) that he's running just to fuck over Hildebeast.?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hatred often trumps honor. It depends on what is in it for him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Doesn't there have to be a conviction in order to pardon? Something the Obola Justice Dept will never even bring charges on
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think we all agree....but if he's elected, do you think he'll pursue this? Does he feel that strongly about it? Or is he blowing sunshine up voters' asses? Not really sure if that's even something a President can pursue to be honest, but if so, you think he will?

View Quote

he COULD do it.... he could use a EO, etc to strip her of her presidential pardon obama will give her, then sig the department of justice on her...after he replaces the heads of it with people he trusts, over the obama stooges...

he absolutely could get her sent to prison... if he really wants to.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Doesn't there have to be a conviction in order to pardon? Something the Obola Justice Dept will never even bring charges on
View All Quotes
Quoted:

no.... you can be pardoned for ANYTHING you did, or may be accused of doing in the future, , during the presidents time in office....

however, also IMHO the next president could strip your pardon away with a eo and throw you to the wolves. generally they do not do that however, as when they leave office they expect to be protected from whatever crimes they might have committed.

In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment." (In that case, a former Confederate senator successfully petitioned the court to uphold a pardon that prevented him from being disbarred.) Generally speaking, once an act has been committed, the president can issue a pardon at any time—regardless of whether charges have even been filed.

While pre-emptive pardons remain very rare, there are a few notable exceptions. Perhaps the most famous presidential pardon of all time occurred before any charges were filed. Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon absolved the former president of "all offenses against the United States which he … has committed or may have committed or taken part in" between the date of his inauguration in 1969 and his resignation in August 1974. In other cases, presidents have pardoned individuals after criminal proceedings have begun but before a judgment has been handed down. In late 1992, less than a month before leaving office, President George H.W. Bush pardoned former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger, who had been indicted earlier that year on perjury charges surrounding the Iran-Contra affair. (A lawyer for Roger Clemens' former trainer Brian McNamee claimed the pitcher might receive a similar pardon from Bush if he were ever indicted.) In addition, broad presidential amnesties—like the one President Carter issued to those who had avoided the draft during the Vietnam War—are essentially pre-emptive pardons issued to a large group of individuals.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.

those charges could be brought foreward at anytime after obama leaves office, and loses control...... obama will hand out more pardons than the last 10 presidents combined... both to protect his own ass, and to get money from rich people, for " pardoning" their doper kid whos serving a life sentence for drugs, etc.

http://www.infoplease.com/us/government/presidential-pardons-1789-present.html

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not going to happen, and here is why. If Obama gave her a pardon and congress called her to testify she would have much incentive to tell the truth and little to lie. She could be sent to prison for not telling them the truth and be free if she did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She will never fall on the sword for Obama, not gonna happen. Why lie and take a chance at prison when you have a get out of jail free card.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#27]
FBHO
Quoted:
Sure he can.  The only thing stopping it right now is the Whine Haus.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not sure someone can get a pardon for something of which they have not yet been convicted.  I'd love to hear a legal opinion on that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

no.... you can be pardoned for ANYTHING you did, or may be accused of doing in the future, , during the presidents time in office....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment." (In that case, a former Confederate senator successfully petitioned the court to uphold a pardon that prevented him from being disbarred.) Generally speaking, once an act has been committed, the president can issue a pardon at any time—regardless of whether charges have even been filed.

While pre-emptive pardons remain very rare, there are a few notable exceptions. Perhaps the most famous presidential pardon of all time occurred before any charges were filed. Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon absolved the former president of "all offenses against the United States which he … has committed or may have committed or taken part in" between the date of his inauguration in 1969 and his resignation in August 1974. In other cases, presidents have pardoned individuals after criminal proceedings have begun but before a judgment has been handed down. In late 1992, less than a month before leaving office, President George H.W. Bush pardoned former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger, who had been indicted earlier that year on perjury charges surrounding the Iran-Contra affair. (A lawyer for Roger Clemens' former trainer Brian McNamee claimed the pitcher might receive a similar pardon from Bush if he were ever indicted.) In addition, broad presidential amnesties—like the one President Carter issued to those who had avoided the draft during the Vietnam War—are essentially pre-emptive pardons issued to a large group of individuals.

But you never pardon someone that can send you to prison, because when called to testify they have no incentive to lie, and you go to prison.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Considering the vast majority of the government is actually controlled by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats, I don't expect much to change no matter who gets elected President.
View Quote

Awwwwww, now why do you have to bring reality into a perfectly good fap-fest?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm not sure someone can get a pardon for something of which they have not yet been convicted.  I'd love to hear a legal opinion on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the act has not yet been committed, then no.  But if the act has been committed, yes.  No conviction necessary.

Accomplishes by granting immunity from prosecution for the act already committed, while not technically a pardon, it is effectively the same thing.

Anyone who thinks Hillary is going to jail is smoking crack.  She's too connected and insulated.  Even trump will have a difficult time going after her.  She belongs in jail, but she's part of the ruling class and exempt from the same rules.  She just had to make a good enough show of trying, even if she gives no fucks.  Remember Watergate....dead People who were obviously murdered....yet both Clinton's have enjoyed huge success in politics.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#32]
If Hillary wins, I see IRS giving the Donald a weekly rectal exam.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If Hillary wins, I see IRS giving the Donald a weekly rectal exam.
View Quote

I'm not worried about it.  I'm sure he's insulated better than the largest walk in refrigerator.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm not sure someone can get a pardon for something of which they have not yet been convicted. I'd love to hear a legal opinion on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure someone can get a pardon for something of which they have not yet been convicted. I'd love to hear a legal opinion on that.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Not even Cruz has the balls to say Hillary should be jailed
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only reason Zero hasn't sold her down the river is that Hitlery's crimes lead right back to him.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Be tough on ISIS
Ban Muslims
Repeal the EO on guns
Throw Hillary in Jail

Just saying the things all y'all want to hear
View Quote

Good. About time that someone says them
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Hillary's criminality is tied to the political offices she holds.  Once her career's over she can then spend the rest of her life dodging the donors to the Clinton Foundation who want their money back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

But can he pardon himself?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You never pardon someone who can send you to prison, they have little to no reason to lie and much incentive to tell the truth as they can still go to prison for lies told to a jury after the pardon. In other words, she is not going to fall on a sword for Obama.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman.  

I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard.

I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's always one...  
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

You've gone off the deep end
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You disagree with these sentiments?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From your lips to gods ears my brother !!
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Federal agencies are infested with leftists that will stonewall investigations and destroy evidence (see IRS) so a few useless "investigations" is the best you're going to get. Anyone that thinks Clinton or any democrat is going to be cuffed-n-stuffed is delusional.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am sure that deal has already been made.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top