Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/4/2015 10:35:19 AM EDT
seems like a strange tactic but och I suppose anything and everything is on the table
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The implication is that if you can't manage your own finances, you can't manage the *.gov's either.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
When Trump speaks, it may sound like a slip up, but it usually accomplishes something.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
seems like a strange tactic but och I suppose anything and everything is on the table
View Quote

Thanks for the informative link.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#4]
If only Marco had been born with a platinum stick up his ass...

Trump also wants to ban Super Pacs because he thinks if you take money from anybody, they own you. No... He just wants to prevent those who can't self finance from running.

Fuck that supreme douchebag.

And before anybody says all I do is bash Trump, I think it's been a couple weeks since I posted anything about Trump. I'm just sick of a piece of shit whose businesses declared bankruptcy FOUR times (fucking over investors and creditors) lecturing those without BILLIONS on their financial ethics.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The implication is that if you can't manage your own finances, you can't manage the *.gov's either.
View Quote

Only slightly ironic.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When Trump speaks, it may sound like a slip up, but it usually accomplishes something.
View Quote

According to the Dems it was "Trump Mania" (tm) that won KY for the GOP.......Somehow I'm strangely OK with them giving him credit for that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Rubio is now being funded by the same sort of unfettered immigration policy folks who are controlling Merkel in Germany.

Think about it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Trump also wants to ban Super Pacs because he thinks if you take money from anybody, they own you. No... He just wants to prevent those who can't self finance from running.

And before anybody says all I do is bash Trump, I think it's been a couple weeks since I posted anything about Trump. I'm just sick of a piece of shit whose businesses declared bankruptcy FOUR times (fucking over investors and creditors) lecturing those without BILLIONS on their financial ethics.
View Quote

x2
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

They own you... Because if you say no to them they stop funneling money to you.

Trump is right.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only slightly ironic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only slightly ironic.

Why ?

Donald Trump's  management of his own finances has been impeccable.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Only slightly ironic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only slightly ironic.

Yeah, if I were him I wouldn't go there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

BOOM! HAIRSHOT!
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

BOOM! HAIRSHOT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOM! HAIRSHOT!

No; BOOM INNACURATE BULLSHIT OVERSIMPLICATION.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you mad?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hasn't Trump filed bankruptcy several times?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I want to see someone here start 100+ companies and have them all be a success without any of them going bankrupt. Put your money where your mouth is.

Trump's success rate is 96%

Come on armchair business warriors of Arfcom
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he has not.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be smarter than our Federal Government kicking the can of inevitability
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Is he back on Rubio using a campaign card to fix his mini-van?  

Sorry, If you're a candidate TRAVELING THE ENTIRE STATE OF FL I don't see using campaign funds to keep your ride going as being a problem.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marco Rubio spent lavishly on a GOP credit card, but some transactions are still secret
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean Rubio really thinks its best for the US if we import gazillions of H1Bs to take our jobs at half the salaries US workers have established.

Yeah, right.  Rubio has Zuckerberg's dick up his ass.   He is a bought and paid for whore.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he hasn't.

It was ONE company that filed several times. He would pull it out and try to save it, then eventually said fuck it. A successful businessman that doesn't give up sounds like someone I'd want for prez.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOM! HAIRSHOT!

Yep this, you fail.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I want to see someone here start 100+ companies and have them all be a success without any of them going bankrupt. Put your money where your mouth is.

View Quote
Facts are not important here, only emotional whining like DU.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOM! HAIRSHOT!

Why the rabid defense of Trump?

That guy only cares about one person, that's himself.  He wants to be president for his own ego, not for America, but for himself.  He stands for nothing but himself.  Trump is entertaining, but he is a salesman and an entertainer, not a leader.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#26]
kinda funny coming from a guy who's businesses have declared bankruptcy 4 times.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Not a Trump supporter.

Having looked into Trump's affairs, I would accuse him of lying about being broke, having nothing and having to start over again before saying he went bankrupt.  As near as I can research, Trump starts companies, gets them financed and if a company fails then that company fails.  Has Trump lost money, yes. Has Trump had businesses go bankrupt, yes.  Has Trump been more successful at starting business than most others, yes.  Has Trump himself gone bankrupt, maybe once but I am not sure about (and that is just my opinion).

What most interested me about Trump is the diversity of both people and types of investors that Trump has gotten money out of.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That guy only cares about one person, that's himself.  He wants to be president for his own ego, not for America, but for himself.  He stands for nothing but himself.  Trump is entertaining, but he is a salesman and an entertainer, not a leader.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOOM! HAIRSHOT!

So it's okay to bash Trump by means of misdirection, half truths, omissions and outright falsehoods.

Rubio on the other hand, is a sock puppet for the donor class illegal alien crowd.........great choice to hand our country over to his donors and the hordes of illegal alien invaders.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you really think anybody wants the job for reasons other than ego and what they can get out of it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

kinda funny coming from a guy who's businesses have declared bankruptcy 4 times.
View Quote
Exactly.  His businesses went bankrupt.  Not him.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So when the Country goes bankru..........oh.......never mind.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is actually Rubio's chance to get some free pr, and throw out statements about Trump

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#33]
I can understand pulling the wrong card out to pay for stuff. Rubio says he paid it back, it's not a BFD.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I can't stand Rubio but Trump needs to shut up.  I hate him more than Rudio!  He will damage (in any way that he can) every Republican that he can, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

This is actually Rubio's chance to get some free pr, and throw out statements about Trump

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like adultery, beating his wife, bankruptcy....  It seems that it is all fair game.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's right on.... all PAC money after elections should be taxed and remaining turned back over to the donors.  This way, the super rich billion will not donate in the obscene levels they do today.  And, once the politician loses, or wins, that excess money is not lying around in a savings account of sorts from those donors for owning politicians like Pelosi, Reid, Boner, and McConnell.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Fuck trump.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Trump is a fucking blowhard!    It is typical of Trump, as he falls behind, he attacks those gaining on him.  Right now he's berating Carson and Rubio, he's already badmouthed Carly and Jeb. (btw none of those are my choice).  He can't speak to the issues of our country except in generalities, and usually ends every policy question with "Elect me, and it's going to be great".

Trump is nothing more than a narcissistic asshole, in the same mold as BHO, who has labeled himself a Republican even though he isn't.  He has tapped into the anger of the electorate with the current administration, just as BHO used the anger with the Bush administration to get elected.  Neither Trump nor BHO is worthy or capable of being President of the United States of America.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

snip
View Quote
What he said without the bad language!

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Has Trump himself gone bankrupt, maybe once but I am not sure about (and that is just my opinion).
View Quote

Opinion has nothing to do with it.  He himself has not gone bankrupt.

The fact that his business have used those laws is largely irrelevant.  If someone hasn't done a business turnaround then they can't really criticize the use of those laws as a reorganization tool for a company.  Investors in those companies demanded a return which took into account the risk of bankruptcy (as do all lending transactions).
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Trump's  business activities have generated untold thousands of good paying jobs and billions of dollars of economic activity and taxes for America.

Trump has been a lot more beneficial to this country and it's people than someone who is simply swinging from The GOPe's Donor Class dick.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Do you really think anybody wants the job for reasons other than ego and what they can get out of it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz.

I am not a Rubio or Trump, or Carson supporter.

Carson seems to be a genuine guy.

Cruz is the best suited for the job

Trump is only for entertainment purposes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so if he fucks the nations finances it'll be fine because it won't be HIM that went bankrupt right?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Trump's  business activities have generated untold thousands of good paying jobs and billions of dollars of economic activity and taxes for America.

Trump has been a lot more beneficial to this country and it's people than someone who is simply swinging from The GOPe's Donor Class dick.
View Quote

Lets all nominate  Doug McMillon  CEO of walmart.  They generate 1000's of good paying jobs, and billions of economic activity and taxes for the US.

Trump Organization employs only 23k people.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

so if he fucks the nations finances it'll be fine because it won't be HIM that went bankrupt right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bang bang, double hair shot.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you look at Trump's financial disclosure form, he owns over 100 different companies.  Honestly it's remarkable that only 4 (and I believe it might have been one of his companies that went bankrupt a few times) of his companies went bankrupt.  He himself has never gone bankrupt.  There is a HUGE distinction there.  I would agree that someone who has personally gone bankrupt is not fit to be president, but that is not the case with Trump.

Criticizing someone's PERSONAL use of credit cards is definitely a legitimate attack.  As someone who works in the financial services industry I have found that how well or poorly a client manages his credit speaks volumes about how functional he or she is as a person in many aspects of his or her life.  Can people make mistakes and change?  Certainly.  But by and large, bad credit means that person is overall quite dysfunctional.  Rubio's bad credit history coupled with his poor senate attendance raises all sorts of red flags.

I've pointed out to some Bernie Sanders supporters I know that Bernie has an absolute shit record with his personal finances as well.  He's been a member of Congress since 1990 with a salary over $100k nearly every year but as of now he has a paltry net worth of somewhere around $500k, which is absolutely abysmal given that level of income for so many years, if he actually had any financial ability his net worth should be well over that.  Bernie has also carried credit card balances of over $25k at one point which again points to dysfunction with managing finances, and this doesn't even touch on his wacky socialist views.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a loser argument from Trump, because the flip to that is if you can't manage your businesses finances and have to have them declare bankruptcy, then you can't manage the govs finances either.

And frankly, managing a businesses finances are much more akin to running the govs than your personal finances/credit cards are.  

Trump is worried about Rubio, but there's not much to hit the guy on...and that's why he's worried about him.

IMO you are watching the beginning of the Trump death spiral, and because he is a piece of shit he is going to drag as many down with him as possible and damage the GOP chances in the general.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are already fucked.  I think out of all the candidates, he probably has the most realistic shot at unfucking them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thus far my success rate is 100%, so if you just want to go by percentages....

Honestly, when you start off with millions, it is a LOT easier to be successful.  And kudos to him for building his empire, but recognize that a lot of his businesses aren't uber successful, they are tax shelters etc.  I guarantee you he has companies in his portfolio that are designed to lose money...the fact that they do so doesn't mean they will be shut down, they are serving their purpose.  So the whole 96% argument is a dramatic oversimplification and shows a lack of understanding of how large business portfolios work.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They are already fucked.  I think out of all the candidates, he probably has the most realistic shot at unfucking them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why, is there some global bankruptcy court you think he can run to?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top