Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2011 3:04:20 PM EDT
Came home to see my truck's rear view mirror knocked off. Looks very much like the work of a baseball bat.

Sure it was some of the fine Section 8/HUD/Obamites who live up the road and are a new fixture in Plano, Tx for the last 2 years or so.

Don't know if I should even bother with police report.

ETA: Correction..side view mirror.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes the adhesive lets go in the heat.

Is there actual damage?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
So what bumper stickers do you have?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there impact damage or did it just "let go"?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
So somebody took a baseball bat to your rearview mirror only?  Not the windows to access the interior or even the sideview mirrors...sounds plausible.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had the adhesive fail just from heat and time on a couple cars. Or was it all smashed to shit?

Doubt someone would break into a car to whack off the mirror.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The one inside your windshield? I'm not sure what rearview mirror.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The one inside your windshield? I'm not sure what rearview mirror.

Well the rear view is in the cab, the side view mirrors are on the doors.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Came home to see my truck's side view mirror knocked off. Looks very much like the work of a baseball bat.
Sure it was some of the fine Section 8/HUD/Obamites who live up the road and are a new fixture in Plano, Tx for the last 2 years or so.

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Texas...makes sense
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#11]
This thread should tell you that if you are using your side mirrors as rear view mirrors, you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
sorry      side view mirror
it was knocked back the wrong way (folded forward instead of back) glass shattered.

ETA: No bumper stickers but I do have a Browning Buckmark Sticker in Red White Blue.

A fucking deer hater!!!

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#13]
File a police report and take pictures.  Then get a surveillance camera
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Took pics. No Police report yet. Maybe monday.

Should I even do insurance claim? How much does a side view mirror on 08 silverado cost.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should I even do insurance claim? How much does a side view mirror on 08 silverado cost.

i think you will be surprised, but it should be under most deductibles

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The local PD should be open 24/7

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to hear that but look on ebay, online or even a salvage yard unless you have a cheap  deductible

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=silverado+side+mirror&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Also check rockauto.com I saw some side mirrors but didn't know which model silverado or what type mirrors you have. Just trying to help

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What will come of the police report? That's why no rush.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear that but look on ebay, online or even a salvage yard unless you have a cheap  deductible

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=silverado+side+mirror&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Also check rockauto.com I saw some side mirrors but didn't know which model silverado or what type mirrors you have. Just trying to help

Thanks for the info. My deductible is 500. Sliverado LS. Short bed.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't happen to live near coit and legacy? there been alott of suspicious activity near there
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe nothing.  You had your land trespassed on and had property damaged.  You pay taxes.  Filing a report may come up later in a case to convict.

You could have filed the report in less time that you have wasted telling GD about it.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wouldn't happen to live near coit and legacy? there been alott of suspicious activity near there

I live near legacy and Chase Oaks.

We got a bunch of low life fucking Obamas living down the street.

All of the houses that were in danger 2 years ago ended up with renters when the owners couldn't pay the mortgage.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe nothing.  You had your land trespassed on and had property damaged.  You pay taxes.  Filing a report may come up later in a case to convict.

You could have filed the report in less time that you have wasted telling GD about it.

I had plans set so I didn't change them. Took wife to dinner, Dad to see friends. Found out I can make report by phone so I will do it in AM.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#24]
That sucks. Someone just broke out my driver side rear view mirror last night no other damage just the mirror. I usually pull it in the driveway on the weekends but left it out. There is a apartment house a block and a half away that has problem tenants they always walk by to get alcohol. But I have no proof, $15.00 to fix.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:52:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of the houses that were in danger 2 years ago ended up with renters when the owners couldn't pay the mortgage.

Is that the new word we're using now?
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Could have been bored rich kids as easily as the ghetto goblins. Spoiled rich kids tend to vandalize stuff for no obvious reason more than hood rats really.

I've never seen as much random mindless vandalism as I did as a kid growing up in the lily white suburbs. Even as a cop in ghetto for 18 years I've never seen anything even close.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:42:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Came home to see my truck's rear view mirror knocked off. Looks very much like the work of a baseball bat.

ETA: Correction..side view mirror.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your truck.

I would do a PR to CYA in case at a later date you stumble upon the miscreants and something happens.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a word I use when it fits.

ETA: and yes, it could be the lilly white upper middle class trash who lives around here. They are trash because they have no morals and their kids are useless slugs living off their parents.

In my neighborhood we have some very diverse scum.

However, the PoPo here have caught all types over the last few years breaking into cars and vandalizing stuff.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: and yes, it could be the lilly white upper middle class trash who lives around here. They are trash because they have no morals and their kids are useless slugs living off their parents.
However, the PoPo here have caught all types over the last few years breaking into cars and vandalizing stuff.

Sounds like time to move.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#32]

That's nothing, my ONE WEEK OLD f-150 had its windshield, drivers side window, and rear window busted by three assholes with a bat. They were caught and a after more than a year of going to court for damages, I have recieved one check for $152.

Calling the po-po is a complete waste of time unless you just need a report for you ins company. Otherwise just fix the mirror yourself.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Calling the po-po is a complete waste of time unless you just need a report for you ins company. Otherwise just fix the mirror yourself.

In Tulsa, they won't even send out an officer to take the report. You'll be referred to their website to complete and print the TRACIS report.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like time to move.

I agree but my 320K house is now worth about 250.

ETA: It was never "worth" 320 in my opinion but I held out for a month and got them down to 289. I knew I had them w (4 years ago) as she had a new job to get to and he was an idiot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top