Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/13/2003 12:07:50 PM EDT
Found this on the [url=www.bostonglobe.com]Boston Glob[/url] and thought it was interesting, so did a co-worker of mine. We both liked how they were ready to go to aimed fire [rolleyes] Here's a pic: [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13685[/img]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:11:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 12:25:29 PM EDT by 308wood]
why do beat cops need suppressed submachine guns? [b]State Police Lieutenant Thomas Coffey (left) and trooper Edward F. Powers patrolled with MD5SD submachine guns yesterday as Logan Airport added to its security measures. Massport acquired 30 of the guns at a cost of $2,500 each, making Logan the first airport in the nation to employ such high-tech weaponry[/b] oh yea I love this! [b]Robbins said he didn't think it would be that quiet, but said the silencer feature was a key component sought by the State Police to help mute the alarm caused if the guns have to be fired inside the airport's buildings. ''If it was shot in a terminal, the report would be very soft ... and that would create less panic,'' he said.[/b] so it's "FREEZE", tapa, tapa, tapa, then the return fire from the AK KLABO-WO-WO-WO-WO-WO. yea no one will run when the terrorists begin firing their non suppressed weapons not to mention throwing grenades! i don't know why i get so worked up. a terrorist will most likely just walk in with a "bomb vest" and blow the terminal to shit MP5SDs and all. if IDF doesn't impress them with M4 machine guns i don't see how a 9mm will do much.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:14:32 PM EDT
At least they are suppressed, so they won't scare the children when shooting at someone trying to smuggle nail clippers through security.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:18:00 PM EDT
[b]''I actually feel safer simply because I know I can get to a safe place and have heavy cover,'' said Marian Diedrich-Wu, 41, of Brighton, who served in the Air Force. ''We need heavy cover,'' she said, pointing to the guns. [/b] What are you talking about you stupid b@tch? heavy cover is a barrier that will provide protection from rocket, Artillery and tank fire.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 12:56:15 PM EDT by racebaiter]
Originally Posted By 308wood: [b]Robbins said he didn't think it would be that quiet, but said the silencer feature was a key component sought by the State Police to help mute the alarm caused if the guns [red]have to be fired[/red] inside the airport's buildings. ''If it was shot in a terminal, the report would be very soft ... and that would create less panic,'' he said.[/b]
View Quote
read that as "are accidently fired" or "fired while shooting at an unarmed suspect"
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:42:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/13/2003 12:43:07 PM EDT by 308wood]
LOL!!! i didn't think of that.[lol]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:48:03 PM EDT
High Tech Weaponry? The weapon is what, 30-40 years old. And suppressors are a century old. Didn't Hiram Maxim himelf trademark the term Silencer? I wouldn't mind them having this type of weaponry, if there were frequent airport storming efforts by terrorists. The logic of arming these guys could then apply to school safety officers, after all, better safe than sorry, right?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:00:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 308wood: [b]Massport acquired 30 of the guns at a cost of $2,500 each...[/b]
View Quote
Yeah, and if I want one so I "don't disturb" my neighbors if I have to use it I'll pay what... 10k or more for one? Oh no...no classes here in the U.S. None at all.... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 1:08:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:51:15 PM EDT
Now you know why I left MA. That state was having budget problems so they (the state) wanted to pull money from fish and wildlife department (the onlyone that runs on budget) to fund other programs. I guess the program was to state making a police state starting with boston. I'm glad I'm in NH.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:36:35 PM EDT
I feel safe now.
Top Top