Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 8:23:53 PM EDT
I will be going to the local mountains for 5 days with 5 other people. We will be staying at one of these peoples vacation home. I have known one of the people I am going with for years, two others fairly well, and the other 2 not at all.

I want to bring my Glock 27 just because I feel a little uneasy being in a place I haven’t been before under these circumstances. But I’m not sure if it’s a good idea. I will keep it packed well away in my suitcase, and obviously no one else will know about it.

I just wanted some other opinions here on if I should take it or not.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
With a name of "SexualChocolate", I'd carry a gun everywhere I went.  Folks might start thinkin' you are looking for some of that Deliverance kind of action.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Carry it and wear it. It won't do your suitcase any good, and it will only help you if you are wearing it when you need it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd carry.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Take It! Test the waters. Maybe you can plant the seeds of new gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you ashamed of it?
Lebrew
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Are there any recreational shooting opportunities in the area? If so bring something appropriate to that, but can serve double duty as a defensive weapon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#8]
If you got it, flaunt it!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wouldn't go hiking without a .44 at the minimum.  But this is bear country.
View Quote

Ugh! I wouldnt want to hike Half Dome or Mt Witney with a 44 mag stapped to my hip. :(
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I feel a little uneasy being in a place I haven’t been before under these circumstances
View Quote

Then don't place yourself in that situation.  If you think something is up, why in hell would you expose yourself to any danger?

With that said, if you MUST go, take the gun, wear it and keep quiet about it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Take it, carry it, conceal it if legal to do so. Out of sight, out of their minds.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Then don't place yourself in that situation.  If you think something is up, why in hell would you expose yourself to any danger?
View Quote

I'm not worried about the people I'm going with doing anything. It's more about being in a different neck of the woods, unfamiliar surroundings.

As far as keeping it on me, that would only work while I am in the house as I don’t have a permit to carry. Living in Californiastan doesn’t help.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#14]
THE BEST REASON TO HAVE IT!!!
. It's more about being in a different neck of the woods, unfamiliar surroundings.
View Quote

I to am in CA, if i go to the mountains, im armed, no one with me knows.  And if you dont have a good concealed carry rig, put it in a backpack, thats what I do.  And I take my backpack everywhere since I can not afford the holsters I want/need.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I don’t take a shower or go to the bathroom without being armed in my own home. And I never ever leave home without at least one carry piece and an extra mag and my carry knife. For me a pistol is part of my clothing and I feel naked without it.

I don’t know about you but I would bring it just incase.

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#16]
pack it, and either keep it ON you, or with you.

remember that just two years ago a janitor in Yosemetie cut the head off one tour guide and killed two tourists... shit happens and some people like to do e-vul shit in remote places.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Another vote for 'pack it'.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Haven't been too many bear attacks on Half-Dome or Mt. Whitney I would say. I did carry my Colt 45 up to the summit of Mt Whitney in 1987 and signed the book!

Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't go hiking without a .44 at the minimum.  But this is bear country.
View Quote

Ugh! I wouldnt want to hike Half Dome or Mt Witney with a 44 mag stapped to my hip. :(
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I carry a gun everytime I go on vacation, to and from work.  It's always near by.  I never want to be surrounded by the enemy again.

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:55:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Take it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:18:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Never leave home without your medium bore handgun. Period.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:28:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:11:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Take it, legal or not.

People ask me why I never leave the house unarmed.  I always reply "I might snap.  Can you imagine snapping and not having a gun to go on an insne killing spree with?  Neither can I."

McBalming
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:53:21 AM EDT
[#25]
You are the first line of defense for yourself and your friends.

Take the gun.

You should also be packing a small emergency kit if you are going on the trails.

Bears - NOT imaginary...
Terrorist threats - NOT imaginary...
Psychotic A*!holes - NOT hard to run across in this world...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#26]
bring it
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Is it legal to concealed carry in Yosemite?Seems like I recall CC in NP to be a no-no.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Bringing ANY firearm into a National Park, concealed or otherwise, is a no-no.  

Another vote for "pack it"
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Your in California, right?

Don't carry would be my suggestion. Your in an anti gun state and if you use it Gray Davis will fry you. He loves the death penalty.

CRC
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I am not telling you to break any laws, but it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, or eaten by a bear, or raped by a mountain man (Squeal like a pig!).
I personally carry where ever i go.
Sign? What sign? That one....
(I walk away from $200 in groceries in my cart and point to the sign)
that says no guns? Oh, I better leave then.

Not one person has ever Known that I carry unless I tell them. I go everywhere.

of course i live in a free state where people point and say cool instead of trying to hand you thier wallet as the lay down on the floor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top