Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 2:38:38 PM EDT
A buddy of mine is wanting to put some Trijicon night sights on a Springfield XD. If the springfield factory installs them they are guaranteed for life.  Was wondering if there was a better brand, possibly less expensive that is just as good. what are your thoughts on trijicon night sights?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have them on two Glock 9mm's. They seem well constructed. I've used the back sights many times to cycle the slide on my pants pocket for one hand reloads. One set has over 10,000 rounds on it. The other over 5,000. Both are still bright.

You can get them sorta inexpensive at www.expresspolicesupply.com.

Many are fans of the meprolights, which are cheaper, and I think they are the Glock OEM night sight provider.

Just avoid plastic sights.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Both are highly thought of.
My 1911 has Trijicon, my Glock has  Mepro.
No preference here.

You say the sights are guaranteed for life.
That doesn't include the tritium inserts does it?

Mine, which are six years old, have a duty life of ten
years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top