Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/26/2013 6:01:55 AM EST
Couple of questions for you guys familiar with the RMRs. The Trijicon website isn't all that full of details.

I'm thinking about picking up an RMR to mount on one of my Glocks (not sure which one yet).

1. There are a bunch of different models, with different reticles, illumination, etc. Are any of them NVG compatible? It doesn't look like it, but I have seen some people say it works.

2. One of my big questions is what moa/reticle are you guys using? I haven't had the opportunity to check one out in person, so I'm not sure what to go with. This is for combat shooting applications, so I'm looking for quick acquisition, not precision/competition shooting. That being said, I still want the capability of firing a precise shot at a reasonable distance, just as I could with standard sights.

3. I know I need the Glock mount, but do I need to modify the slide for fitting?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:12:05 AM EST
Have the slide milled for mounting the RMR then use tall supressor iron sights for cowitness.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:12:34 AM EST
The ones I have seen have had the slide milled.

As far night vision they work but not all that great. IR laser kicks its ass.

I like the dot.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:22:56 AM EST
I just got my M&P slide back from L&M Precision yesterday after having an RMR06 put on it.

After doing a ton of research, the RMR06 with a 3.25MOA dot in the 108xxx + serial number range seems to be the way to go. These have the upgraded internals that are more robust for being mounted on a slide.

Eventually I'm going to get an ATOM mount/slide for my G19 too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:34:04 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
The ones I have seen have had the slide milled.

As far night vision they work but not all that great. IR laser kicks its ass.

I like the dot.
View Quote

That's pretty much what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:45:51 AM EST
My G19 gen4 slide is in getting milled now for an RM07 and suppressor sights

If I like it I may consider getting my G26 milled for another RM07 but will eliminate the iron sights.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:48:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By doxdozer:

If I like it I may consider getting my G26 milled for another RM07 but will eliminate the iron sights.
View Quote

Do you still use the trijicon glock mount when milling?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:49:52 AM EST
I've been thinking about getting an ATOM Slide with a Trijicon RMR.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:22:07 AM EST
For folks that do not want to mill their slide to mount an optic, ALG Defense prototyped a Aimpoint micro mount for the Glock. This was introduced at SHOT Show 2013 and details will be posted to ALG Defense's Facebook in the very near future. In addition, a Glock magwell adapter will also be released in the near future.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:23:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By APG12:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

no, the slide gets drilled & threaded
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:35:52 AM EST
If you are not deadset on the trijicon,Larue makes an aimpoint micro mount that fits the stock dovetail on a glock. The mount and aimpoint are $550 or so.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:38:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By RXM:
For folks that do not want to mill their slide to mount an optic, ALG Defense prototyped a Aimpoint micro mount for the Glock. This was introduced at SHOT Show 2013 and details will be posted to ALG Defense's Facebook in the very near future. In addition, a Glock magwell adapter will also be released in the near future.

http://johncdang.smugmug.com/photos/i-9m4sZs2/0/L/i-9m4sZs2-L.jpg
View Quote

Do you need all that shit on a perfect pistol?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:52:10 AM EST
I have a micro already. I'm pretty set on the RMR.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:53:43 AM EST

View Quote

Looks really cool.

Bet it'll be massively overpriced though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:58:49 AM EST
The RMR-06 works great with night vision. The rear night sights are also visible in this image, although they are blurry.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:59:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By BigPapaColt:

View All Quotes

This. How much more crap could they hand on that thing...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:33:21 AM EST
What is the difference between the dual-illuminated and the LED?

And I'm assuming adjustable LED you can adjust the brightness?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:38:40 AM EST

View Quote
Batteries and no batteries. I believe the dual illuminated is tritium and fiber optic.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:39:34 AM EST

View Quote

Dual illum has tritium and fiberoptic, LED you adjust the brightness. I have RMR basic one with the 8 moa dot on my G19. Love it, took a while to get used to but once I did it was like a bolt of lightning.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:40:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By Sleeper396:
Batteries and no batteries. I believe the dual illuminated is tritium and fiber optic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sleeper396:

Yup. This man is correct.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:51:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By teamr2:

View All Quotes

How could you even carry that? Your holster would be huge.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:59:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2013 9:01:15 AM EST by BeerPimp]
Couple of questions for you guys familiar with the RMRs. The Trijicon website isn't all that full of details.

I'm thinking about picking up an RMR to mount on one of my Glocks (not sure which one yet).

1. There are a bunch of different models, with different reticles, illumination, etc. Are any of them NVG compatible? It doesn't look like it, but I have seen some people say it works.

2. One of my big questions is what moa/reticle are you guys using? I haven't had the opportunity to check one out in person, so I'm not sure what to go with. This is for combat shooting applications, so I'm looking for quick acquisition, not precision/competition shooting. That being said, I still want the capability of firing a precise shot at a reasonable distance, just as I could with standard sights.

3. I know I need the Glock mount, but do I need to modify the slide for fitting?
View Quote

Tactical Slide for Glock 17/19 with RMR cuttout.

It only has 2 reviews the negative review was because of an issue with supplied screws that they have fixed now. I was thinking of setting up a 19 with one of these.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:26:31 AM EST
Originally Posted By BeerPimp:

It only has 2 reviews the negative review was because of an issue with supplied screws that they have fixed now. I was thinking of setting up a 19 with one of these.
View All Quotes

^^^ Will not work with GEN 4

I tried the duel illuminator out at a store and it was not bright enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:29:54 AM EST

View Quote
I want to do this to my G35 and then get a .357 Sig barrel and see if I can make hits on targets out to 200 yards with it.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:41:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:

Most people that buy that are going to use it as a race gun. Look at some USPSA rigs.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:43:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By ClatuVertanictu:
I want to do this to my G35 and then get a .357 Sig barrel and see if I can make hits on targets out to 200 yards with it.

View All Quotes

Give me enough ammo, time and a spotter….
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:53:41 AM EST

View Quote

Those were designed at the request of a unit who does a significant amount of training for storming aircraft.

I'd say pick up the RMR02. Guys have been reporting 3 years of constant on and great durability.

The RMR07 is NV compatible, but I've heard of issues with the adjustable models.

Id also say to take a look at the Unity Tactical ATOM mount. Once installed it allows the user to change MRDS without remilling the slide. Due to the proprietary nature of MRDS mounting patterns, once the slide is milled, it's milled and it's difficult to change your mind. The ATMO allows swappable baseplates for different optics, and if you decide to go back to irons there's a baseplate for that too.

http://www.unitytactical.com/products/atom-mount/

It's really slick, and I'm waiting for the elusive M&P version.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:57:17 AM EST

View All Quotes

I want to do this to my G35 and
then get a .357 Sig barrel and see if I can make hits on targets out to 200 yards with it.

I hit a metal gong on the third shot at 200+ yards. Witnessed by three others.

Iron sights and g17
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:13:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2013 10:14:43 AM EST by APG12]
I shoot steel plates with my G17 at 200 on a regular basis. Standard night sights. Off hand is tough, but bench rest is not all that difficult. Usually need a couple shots to walk it in, but I've gotten first round hits once or twice.

Edited for quote fail.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:15:56 AM EST

View Quote

NVG compatible shouldn't even be a concern for a sidearm. The only real way that works is if you mount the NVG's on the weapon/rifle. It's pointless with a pistol. I'd love to know what combat pistol application you're talking about. I think this could make the thread interesting.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:20:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By ReconB4:

NVG compatible shouldn't even be a concern for a sidearm. The only real way that works is if you mount the NVG's on the weapon/rifle. It's pointless with a pistol. I'd love to know what combat pistol application you're talking about. I think this could make the thread interesting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ReconB4:

Disagree. Helmet mounted PVS-7 or 14 works just fine with long guns or handguns, but makes standard handgun sights useless.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:06:19 AM EST
So now the question is, which Glock to mount it to?

17, 20, or 21?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:26:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 8:27:41 AM EST by mhpoole]
I posted a thread 2 yrs ago about the Crimson Trace LGD-417 which is a dual laser, RED/IR pistol mount for use with NV. Only problem Crimson Trace won't sell to civilians even tho laser is eye safe. I have used the RMR on a slide with NV and while it will work, it's not ideal.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:29:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By mhpoole:
I posted a thread 2 yrs ago about the Crimson Trace LGD-417 which is a dual laser, RED/IR pistol mount for use with NV. Only problem Crimson Trace won't sell to civilians even tho laser is eye safe. I have used the RMR on a slide with NV and while it will work, it's not ideal.
View Quote

That is one of the IR lasers I am looking to test.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:32:16 AM EST

View Quote

Don't get dual illuminated. The dot washes out almost completely in bright sunlight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:36:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 8:37:27 AM EST by Rabon]

View Quote
minus 2 for no cup holder.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:45:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By BradleyCustom:

Don't get dual illuminated. The dot washes out almost completely in bright sunlight.
View All Quotes

Exactly why I didn't go with it.

The RMR06 LED is the way to go.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:52:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Those were designed at the request of a unit who does a significant amount of training for storming aircraft.

I'd say pick up the RMR02. Guys have been reporting 3 years of constant on and great durability.

The RMR07 is NV compatible, but I've heard of issues with the adjustable models.

Id also say to take a look at the Unity Tactical ATOM mount. Once installed it allows the user to change MRDS without remilling the slide. Due to the proprietary nature of MRDS mounting patterns, once the slide is milled, it's milled and it's difficult to change your mind. The ATMO allows swappable baseplates for different optics, and if you decide to go back to irons there's a baseplate for that too.

View All Quotes

Honestly? Why not pick up a CORE?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:02:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

I've heard that. Thanks for the info. LED it is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:23:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By WilliamGray:
If you are not deadset on the trijicon,Larue makes an aimpoint micro mount that fits the stock dovetail on a glock. The mount and aimpoint are $550 or so.
View Quote
Looks like $650 on the LaRue website.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:36:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 9:40:59 AM EST by VrodRay]

View All Quotes

It is a very nice slide. I was probably one of the first to order this from Brownells. I called them and told them long ago that the supplied screws with the RMR were too long and the right screw would pass through into the extractor cavity and bind the extractor depressor plunger. I even cited information found on the One Source Tactical website, but they just brushed me off. I ended up ordering screws from elsewhere that day and everything is peachy. Last product I ever bought from Brownells, but the slide rocks.

ETA: Mine is a RM07, 6.5 MOA, Adjustable brightness, Ability to be turned off
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 9:47:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 9:48:31 AM EST by toothandnail]
I've done several Burris FF3
Here's the first one , mine.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:15:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By ChuckD05:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChuckD05:

I've thought about it. Not sure I'd get enough out of my M&P to make it worth trying to sell it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:20:39 AM EST
View All Quotes

That is one of the IR lasers I am looking to test.

What about the IR only LG-417? Doesn't have a red laser, but it has a class 1 IR laser and is civilian legal.
LG-417 at TNVC

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:30:41 AM EST
I put an aimpoint micro on a G19 with the dovetail adapter. seems OK so far. Holds zero.

Milled slides are probably better, but the dovetail adapter was only 50 instead of 500.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:32:37 AM EST
Top Top