Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 5:28:19 PM EST
Do you, honestly and truly, believe that Kerry committed treason?

Should he be punished?

I believe that the answer is a resounding YES to having committed it, but I think it's too late to fully prosecute him, that he should just be barred from public office and have it as a felony on his criminal record. Which would have the added bonus of preventing him from owning firearms.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:30:14 PM EST
I truly believe that kerry is a low down commy pussy coward traitor who marries rich women for money...is that good?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:35:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By MagKnightX:

Should he be punished?

I believe that the answer is a resounding YES to having committed it, but I think it's too late to fully prosecute him, that he should just be barred from public office and have it as a felony on his criminal record. Which would have the added bonus of preventing him from owning firearms.

You should weigh your words a little more carefully. Freedom of expression is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights we all hold dear. When you start wanting to prosecute as you described, you should be looking over your shoulder at who might want to call you a traitor.

For example, I might want you to be prosecuted for treason since you obviously want to deprive your fellow citizens of their Freedom of Speech. Frankly, I find that not only treasonous but also obnoxious.

I don't care if you like Kerry or hate him, he had and has the right to criticize our governments actions.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:38:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By jimb100:

Should he be punished?

You should weigh your words a little more carefully. Freedom of expression is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights we all hold dear. When you start wanting to prosecute as you described, you should be looking over your shoulder at who might want to call you a traitor.

For example, I might want you to be prosecuted for treason since you obviously want to deprive your fellow citizens of their Freedom of Speech. Frankly, I find that not only treasonous but also obnoxious.

I don't care if you like Kerry or hate him, he had and has the right to criticize our governments actions.

He gave comfort and aid to the enemy...thay would make him a traitor...not to mention low down commy hippy coward....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:38:38 PM EST
What asshat voted: No! Why are you attacking an innocent man?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:39:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:43:24 PM EST
Since he is a presidential candidate, and under the protection of the Secret Service, I am not sure that a public discussion of how Kerry might be a traitor, and should perhaps be killed - is entirely clever.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:44:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By macro:

there are several DU trolls here, and even some that are team members
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:46:37 PM EST

Should he be punished?

BUt he did NOT have the right to meet with representatives of the enemy while still part of the US military. That is treason.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:47:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 5:48:30 PM EST by MrClean4Hire]

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

Yep but they are commie pinko fags and too afraid to post. The sissys hide and only hit polls.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:49:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Since he is a presidential candidate, and under the protection of the Secret Service, I am not sure that a public discussion of how Kerry might be a traitor, and should perhaps be killed - is entirely clever.

Where did you see... killing him? because I re read the threads and don't see that anywhere...

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:52:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By RAVYN:

Where did you see... killing him? because I re read the threads and don't see that anywhere...

First choice in the poll:

"Yes, and we need to hang the bastard"

Not past tense - like "he should have been convicted and hanged" but present tense - as in we should, or we ought to "hang the bastard"

I don't care personally, and it's not my board - I'm just wondering if this technically flirst with the CoC and if the Avilas would approve.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:52:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

And there are more than a few neo-fascists here who want to gut the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and establish a fascist state where we have no freedom to criticize the government. And they usually try to label anyone who sticks up for t he Bill of Rights a "troll".

If the neo-fascist shoe fits wear it Absolut.

And don't give me that crap about how our soldiers will be demoralized if anyone criticizes their Commander in Chief.

I served in Viet Nam while the largest protests since the civil war were going on and let me assure you that our troops are professionals. They do their jobs and let the civilians and politicians hash out the bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:53:56 PM EST
Forgive my ignorance. What is DU?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:55:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Stillie:

Dirty Underwear
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:55:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By paenutz:

Originally Posted By Stillie:

Dirty Underwear

Deluded & Uninformed
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:56:10 PM EST
democratic underground (they don't deserve capitalization). A collection of people who admit that they hate Republicans (who they call rethuglicans... ha. Ha. Ha), often want to commit violence against us, and will refuse to listen to any opposing argument.

Never, ever link to them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:57:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By RAVYN:

First choice in the poll:

"Yes, and we need to hang the bastard"

Not past tense - like "he should have been convicted and hanged" but present tense - as in we should, or we ought to "hang the bastard"

I don't care personally, and it's not my board - I'm just wondering if this technically flirst with the CoC and if the Avilas would approve.

ah...didn't catch that...well.......I'm still going with traitor...we don't kill em now , do we?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:57:26 PM EST
wow, another kerry thread. you all are giving this shitbag way too much publicity.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:57:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By RikWriter:
[
BUt he did NOT have the right to meet with representatives of the enemy while still part of the US military. That is treason.

The government has had ample time to prosecute if they felt treason had been done.

I expect that all those lawyers in DOJ know a bit more about those laws than you.

I will take their lack of action to mean their is no cause of action.

Now you might think you know more all those DOJ lawyers that Nixon and Ford had working for them. If that's the case, perhaps you should explain what should have been done and what statutes were violated.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:01:16 PM EST

[

The government has had ample time to prosecute if they felt treason had been done.

I expect that all those lawyers in DOJ know a bit more about those laws than you.

Now you might think you know more all those DOJ lawyers that Nixon and Ford had working for them. If that's the case, perhaps you should explain what should have been done and what statutes were violated.

Perhaps you should attempt to recall the political climate at the time before making such clueless statements.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:01:31 PM EST

[

Are you talking about the same people who pardoned draft dodgers? Who just wanted to sweep the Vietnam war and its vets under the rug? Who would not go get our P.O.Ws? Who would not acknowledge that our vets were sprayed with agent orange and hand out article 99s?

They didn't do anything because they wanted Vietnam to just go away.

Nigga pleaze
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:01:38 PM EST

[

I'm going for another beer...
Top Top