Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 9:52:41 PM EDT
I am about to travel with a storm case, occupied purely with weapons - no clothes no other personal belongings.

They say, at the counter, that to leave your luggage unlocked.

But, obviously, with a weapons case, it has to be locked. Now, with this case, those shitty little TSA combo locks will not be suffice.

Will I be able to use regular pad locks on this case and not piss off TSA?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Well you will have to tell them what it is, they may wish to inspect, so ask them at the counter.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
ive traveled before with firearms, but they have always been just pistols, in a hard case, in my main luggage.

this is my first time traveling with a dedicated set of luggage, that happens to be a weapons case
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope you've got everything insured.

Also, don't forget to pack plenty of white power literature and a copy of the SGN in there too...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, im nervous.

1 - SPR w/optics
1 - YoBo 1*
1 - ed brown
1 - vang 870

im way over the $2500 mark of basic insurance, i need to figure out how much it is to insure everything..
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at an airport one time and watched the baggage men unloading the plane. They threw two gun cases about five feet onto the asphalt. Don't know about the lock situation but make sure that they ar ein a good case.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive seen the same treatment also.

This is probably going to be over the 50lb limit also, i wander if they'll be able to abuse it :)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I flew to Orlando from Portland,OR last summer and had my carry-on, a bag of clothes, and my Bushmaster case stuffed full with my M4A3, S&W 642-2, Ruger P345, a 26" asp baton, 2 sets of cuffs, and 2 cold steel knives. the night before I went to Wal-mart and bought a set of padlocks that were all keyed the same and used them.
I locked the case before going to the airport and gave the TSA agents the key to check inside. When they were done checking inside, they let me lock it back up to be sure that nothing had been removed, and then asked me what I did for a living, out of curiousity (They definatelty weren't upset or disturbed). Much easier than I expected it to be.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I flew to Orlando from Portland,OR last summer and had my carry-on, a bag of clothes, and my Bushmaster case stuffed full with my M4A3, S&W 642-2, Ruger P345, a 26" asp baton, 2 sets of cuffs, and 2 cold steel knives. the night before I went to Wal-mart and bought a set of padlocks that were all keyed the same and used them.
I locked the case before going to the airport and gave the TSA agents the key to check inside. When they were done checking inside, they let me lock it back up to be sure that nothing had been removed, and then asked me what I did for a living, out of curiousity (They definatelty weren't upset or disturbed). Much easier than I expected it to be.

Did you tell them the truth?  That you are an assassin??
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I told them I was going hunting for wolverines with my uncle, GOSH!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I told them I was going hunting for wolverines with my uncle, GOSH!!

"With a freaking 12gauge, what do you think?!?!"

YES! you get +1 man points for using that quote.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am about to travel with a storm case, occupied purely with weapons - no clothes no other personal belongings.

But, obviously, with a weapons case, it has to be locked. Now, with this case, those shitty little TSA combo locks will not be suffice.

OK, first off you need to talk to the ticket agent and sign a firearm declaration form THEN lock the case after the TA puts the form inside.

If you fly with UNDECLARED firearms your luggage is gonna be late.

ETA: Ya shoulda seen the looks on their faces when they inspected my MP5.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, first off you need to talk to the ticket agent and sign a firearm declaration form THEN lock the case after the TA puts the form inside.

If you fly with UNDECLARED firearms your luggage is gonna be late.

ETA: Ya shoulda seen the looks on their faces when they inspected my MP5.

My flight does have a layover, which still always makes me more aware than usual.

ETA: On our way out to front sight last year, my buddy and I had a small pelican case with cigars stolen from us, we didn't realize it until we got home that we never smoked them...

Scared us, knowing that our firearms were potentially compromised also..
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#14]
May I suggest checking out this site.......www.packing.org
While this site is geared primarily for CCW, there is a great deal of topics discussing safe/secure flight travel. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top