Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 8:38:28 PM EDT
All right I looked over all 4 pages of this thread, and can't find the answer to my question. I have to go to Utah this month, from Az, and am wondering if I can take my M1A with me, over the Utah state line? I am meeting my father there, so I have an excuse, "I'm giving it to him as a gift, officer", but I'd really like to bring it back to Az. Any help?
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's legal where you're coming from, and legal where you're going, you can legally transport it through ANYWHERE on the way there.

Proper transport is for it to be unloaded and locked up outside the passenger compartment (trunk, usually).

No need for stories.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Circuits. I can never remember if it's legal or not to transport rifles to another state. I'll be in my truck, so if i leave it in the extra cab area, unloaded, I should be all right?
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 6:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top