Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 9:33:10 PM EDT
i just picked this up and want to transfer all my old crap from my old computer (itunes library, files) to it. a quick google search found windows easy transfer to be the best, however apparently i cant use it for going from vista to windows 8.1.

i have a 1 TB hard drive i can use to transfer, but was wondering if there was a quicker easy way (can i even transfer my itunes library this way, which has both itunes purchased and non itunes purchased music)?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you can get both into your home network, share out the root of the old hard drive and just copy the files to the new computer using the new computer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quick, Easy, copies all your shit.

Pick one.

Pull the drive, get a usb drive enclosure or a quick swap drive bay and dig through the drive. Delete folders you don't need and then copy to the new drive on new computer.

Then wipe the old drive and use it as backup. Then, remember to actually DO the backups.

Don't buy or download some fucking crappass program you find on the internet. That's a good way to get ripped off and/or infected.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top