Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 2:28:55 AM EST
My personal trainer looked at me in the gym after a workout last night and asked me how my food intake was...??? Said I looked too thin. Dragged my into the analysis chambers and did a body comp test - body fat at ~8%. He was not happy, wants it 10 to 12%, doesn't think I have enough reserve for training. This is a new thing to me. Comments form the experts here would be appreciated. Oh, and pass those donuts, eh? Looks like I need a few. [coffee]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:53:05 AM EST
how old are you? body type? metabolism? when I was 18-22 my metabolism was off the charts. I could not keep weight on much less build any mass. maybe you just need to hang loose for a couple years or drink lot's of dark beer like oatmeal stout.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:31:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/9/2003 8:44:51 PM EST by James4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:04:46 AM EST
I'll be happy to give you 10 to 20 pounds of fat free of charge. E-mail me. [;-) As time goes on it's harder for me to keep off the winter holiday weight gain. But.....with my trusty Soloflex and treadmill, I shall overcome. Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:53:17 AM EST
Dude I'm 38, 39 in a few days. My metabolism is still off the charts. I cannot gain weight. My body fat is in the neighborhood of 4-6%. I'm 5'9" 145 lbs soaking wet. Your metabolism may never change. I'm the guy who can and does eat whenever he wants, as much as he wants and never gains a pound. The downside to it is I'm thin, not skinny, Ethiopian style, but runner thin. Good luck gaining weight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:29:13 AM EST
I'm 42, 6'0", 162.5 at time of aforementioned ass chewing. I'll admit I'm out of my experience pool here, I've never been this well conditioned before. I think his big concern was that my body weight wasn't changing despite regular and hard workouts. Doesn't particularly bother me because I don't want he bulk. Still, I respect this guy because he can thrash my ass all over the mat without working up a sweat, so I have to give some credenceto his opinion, and I cant see where he is to gain from telling me this. There ya go, too skinny, an American tragedy in the making...[:D]
Top Top