Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 9:36:40 PM EDT
I have a set of Nathan P5 Train Horns and compressor system on my truck. They are well hidden and very "handy" at times. Anyone else have'em..... They are beyond loud
Here they are... Check out Hornblasters.com
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
someday.  After the air compressor, lift kit, winch, loudspeaker....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
nope,
too many ordinances
i would rather buy ammunition
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
They arent illegal, hell go to ebay and type in K5LA or K3LA
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Pacific Electric streetcar Air Whistle, and a single chime off an early Alco SP switch engine.  The whistle works, the horn doesn't. Which explains why the guy that gave it to my Dad was able to get it.

Neither are mounted in the vehicles.  

I recently joined one of the RR whistle enthusiasts group here on the internet with intention of getting the horn identified and possibly some assistance in refurbing it.  It doesn't seem to match up with any pictures on any of the sites.  It is stamped ALCO and the guy that gave it to us was an SP engineer.  That was about 1963 or so.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top