Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2015 6:14:28 PM EDT
More specifically a 1973

Found a really clean looking one. Like kept in some old guy's garage for the last 40 years clean. Only rust on it is in the bed from being used like a truck, but no dents anywhere. and the paint outside the bed is totally intact. Interior looks pretty decent too for a 40 year old truck. The only thing that threw me off is it's a 3 speed automatic, which everything I've read about these is that it wasn't an option. Of course now that I'm back home and searching I see few listed online.

Trying to figure out if it's worth buying just to tinker with. I have a Tacoma double cab so I don't need the wheels The price is definitely right and I know the R engines are super common and bullet proof. I'm just curious how good these automatics are and if I can easily source parts for the transmission.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is it and how much?

Good enough answer?

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The auto wasn't available until the next generation, 1978 and newer.  Got pics?  If it is badged Hilux that makes it a pre-75 when US market pickups got called "pickup".  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
It's definitely a '73 with bucket seats and auto. I haven't made it to check it out yet, but the sign says $1200 and it's been for sale for quite a while because I've seen the owner driving it around town.

Strange as it is, I think it is factory installed. I can't find any references for it, but I also have found several N20 trucks online that have factory installed autos. Should be an A30 if my research is right?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where is it and how much?

Good enough answer?

View Quote

That^. I would also be happy to help you along with the decision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top