Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 2:31:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah! I wish that someone would put that, point at a time on billboards along the interstates starting 25 miles north of the Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas state lines.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the South......... now go home!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet! Yeah, I'm a northern boy, but I'm Southern inside!

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good to me[):)]

Just one more thing for down here in FL.

Stay in Orlando,soft feet can only get you so far away from a Gator[:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a few others...

It is not a "pop", it is a Coke!
Don't ask "What are grits?"  Just eat them!!!
Yea, it is always this hot and humid!  Deal with it!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Those rules apply to northern Minnesota too. Especially when the 612'rs (thats the area code in the twin cities, so we call the people that)or the citiot's come here and try to tell us how to run our natural wilderness. Tourism hell, stay in the southern part of the state. You have screwed that up enough, leave us alone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#8]
15. Yeah, we eat catfish--carp, too--and turtle. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the bait shop.

View Quote

Carp? blech!..their overgrown vegetarian minnows!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#9]
[size=6][b][red]YANKEES SUCK THE SWEAT OFF A DEADMAN'S BALLS AND LIKE IT!!![/size=6][/b][/red]

"Do what you will,
just stay the fuck up there damn it."
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Of course, not all yankees are carpetbagging, pole-smoking, tree-worshipping, bunny-hugging pinko fruitcakes.

"Do what you will,
just don't think I hate [i]all[/i] yanks."
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does this mean exactly? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you like the south & you are welcome here. But being southern doesn't just mean you like guns & hunting. It means, partly, that this is home. Here, you don't hear someone with a southern accent and go "cool, I love southerners". It's not meant badly, Yankees have plenty to be proud of (I guess) but you can't be southern inside any more than you can be Okinawan inside.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#13]
One more point, if I may.

Tea is only served one way, sweet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#14]
No you cant pet my dog, Hell that aint no dog, its a possum, we grow um big down here!![:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#15]
If you must wear sandals while visiting us,please wear white socks, or, no socks at all.

Rabbit
An Arkansas POW in Utah
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a real truck:
[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~joeloftus/shared/hulk1.jpg[/img]
A bulldog:
[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~joeloftus/shared/gator78.jpg[/img]
A rifle:
[img]http://www.mindspring.com/~joeloftus/shared/m4carbine.gif[/img]
I love the South.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]
real???

do those chrome wheels make your truck go faster, or make it carry more in the top less trunk?

ford stopped making real trucks after the 1979 style with the big square heeadlights and the inverted grille. i like chevys and i still wnat one of those.

real trucks seat only 3, on one bench seat. ext cabs are cars
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]
NEVER bad mouth a Southern gentleman's truck![:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#19]
that ain't a truck, it's a really nice station wagon. admit that you could do what you do with an astro van or a suburu.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
NEVER bad mouth a Southern gentleman's truck![:D]
View Quote

Hell thats ok, he don't know no better.
Ol' fancey boy aint from round here.

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#21]
what'en was did ye done go and speak to ma?? yur right in assuming that'en i don'ts liven myself down thar in the woods with you hicks, i lives myself up in them thar maritimes. in canada. we have harcore rednecks. fellers that have to deal themselves with snow. no truck that new and nice is used for truck stuff so buy a real truck or buy a car. goof.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
what'en was did ye done go and speak to ma?? yur right in assuming that'en i don'ts liven myself down thar in the woods with you hicks, i lives myself up in them thar maritimes. in canada. we have harcore rednecks. fellers that have to deal themselves with snow. no truck that new and nice is used for truck stuff so buy a real truck or buy a car. goof.
View Quote

LOL! I don't live in the woods goof ball,I live in Tampa Bay with about 3,000,000 other people.

And as for snow HA! try 6 feet of mud there Mr.Mounty.

ps:"what'en was did ye done go and speak to ma?? "[rolleyes]

Not alot of O2 way up there in there great white north I gess[:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
you can avoid mud, can't avoid that white shit.

we get plenty of o2. lots of woods and stuff in canada.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One more point, if I may.
Tea is only served one way, sweet.
View Quote

Then why do restaurants have pitchers labeled "'Tis" and "'Tain't"?

Cornbread is NOT served with syrup.  Y'all ain't from around heah, are ya?

Also, for the gentleman who wrote that "it's not a pop, it's a Coke" -- any real southerner would be drinking Pepsi.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:06:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Also, for the gentleman who wrote that "it's not a pop, it's a Coke" -- any real southerner would be drinking Pepsi.
View Quote
whether its pepsi, sprite, 7up, RC, or other, its still a "coke." pop is your grandfather. soda is used in baking. a pepsi is a coke. makes sense to me [whacko]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#26]
[b]THIS is a truck[/b]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1463213&a=13642307&p=52974946[/img]
right cheer out my winder.
Please notice the shattered glass of the passenger window from a errant
.223 round. Missed the damn yankee pulled up 'side me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 5:29:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I have lived in the south almost 2 and half years now and was in for a tremendous culture shock when I first came to North Carolina.. I am from the Hudson valley of NY; 60 miles north of NYC and never lived anywhere else until college..
I have a few complaints about the south that I still cannot stand to this day..
1.) The BIGGEST thing I find is sheer laziness and slowness.. I'm sorry but there really is no need to spend over 2 hours at walmart..Also, some people around here seem to think they have all the time in the world to finish college and do homework. I'm sorry that I do my homework early and intend to graduate on time instead of 5-6 years, but does that really make me anal because I have set some goals??
2.)The "sweet tea" I find is too sweet and all the pork is clogging arteries and making people fat! I hate pork and no, I'm not Jewish..But I wish people would stop giving me "the look" every time I ask for no bacon, ham, or sausage. I also hate how alot of stuff is fried and there is no consideration to having a healthy, well balanced meal... Its frustrating to stay in good shape and workout when you get laughed at trying to stay in shape..

That's all...mainly I'm just venting cuz my roomate is driving me crazy...it takes her days to put dishes in the dishwasher and she calls me too neat because I like to not have dishes piled up every night! She always says she will "get around to it", but she never seems to..so I'm always stuck with putting them up.. PLUS, a shopping trip with her seems to take eons and she seems to have no time frame to finish school; she will graduate "whenever." Maybe this is why I am moving out and getting a one bedroom in a few weeks..
I realize the majority of southerners are not like this, that she is an exception, a rather annoying exception at times...
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:56:35 AM EDT
[#29]
However, I do like the south for many more reasons.. I like how I can like Nascar, wrestling, and guns and not be laughed at..
I like how there isn't snow up to my waist. Hell, winter doesn't even really exsist down here..(I do miss the seasons changing sometimes though)
I like how I can go to the beach from march until october; its not a 2 month season like in the north...
I like krispy kreme (in moderation of course, once or twice a month.)
I like how gas is cheaper, apartments are cheaper, hell mostly everything is cheaper..(I do miss the designer stores sometimes though, but that's what catalogs are for..)

Its definitely a good place to be..
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
However, I do like the south for many more reasons.. I like how I can like Nascar, wrestling, and guns and not be laughed at..
I like how there isn't snow up to my waist. Hell, winter doesn't even really exsist down here..(I do miss the seasons changing sometimes though)
I like how I can go to the beach from march until october; its not a 2 month season like in the north...
I like krispy kreme (in moderation of course, once or twice a month.)
I like how gas is cheaper, apartments are cheaper, hell mostly everything is cheaper..(I do miss the designer stores sometimes though, but that's what catalogs are for..)

Its definitely a good place to be..
View Quote

Welcome to the real world BB! It doesn't matter if you were born up north as long as you got here as fast as you could!

Most of us can not avoid the mud! Heck we live 20 plus miles from the nearest pavement!

Tea is sweet! It is Ice Cold! And it is always in a big jug! Probably a gallon or so!

It is a Coke no matter what is says on the can!
We are not even going to start the Coke-vs-Pepsi thing!

Big(Don'tWeHaveOtherEnemiesToFocusOurEnergyOn?NamelyTheTaliban!)Dozer66

I got that from Eric the(HeAlwaysHasSomethingCoolToSay)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Post from Green_Furniture -
THIS is a truck
View Quote

Whoowee! Yes, that's a truck all right. It looks just like my last truck, a '79 Chevy 1/2 ton in the same blue/white color scheme!

I had a friend of mine (Harry's Performance Auto, Mesquite, Texas) build me a balanced, blueprinted 350 c.i., 4-bolt main, mouse motor for it! Then I put a 700R4 auto trans in it from a Corvette!

That mouse roared!  Until Miz Hun roared even louder, and I was forced to sell it to a complete stranger. He still calls me up to thank me for it! Funny guy.

Eric The(MizHunCalledItMy'Dump'Truck)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#32]
I live 2 miles from a paved road.

I get both mud and tons of snow, nice and swampy in the spring (June)

Why anyone would put sugar in tea hot or cold, is beyond me.

Bacon is best served every day.

Darn near everyone around has a 'real' truck as the previously shown photograph has depicted, I still need to get one...

The town dump is akin to a town meeting.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Tips For Tourists
From the Southern Department of Tourism

10. Yeah, we have sweet tea. It comes in a glass with two packets of sugar and a long spoon.

View Quote

I dont understand this one because one of my favorite things about the south is I can order my tea already sweetened.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Tips For Tourists
From the Southern Department of Tourism

10. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey. Yeah, we have sweet tea. It comes in a glass with two packets of sugar and a long spoon.
View Quote

??? Sweet iced tea isn't a southern thing?  What kind of BS is this?
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
[b]THIS is a truck[/b]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1463213&a=13642307&p=52974946[/img]
View Quote

[:O] better get Maco!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#36]
that truck is real.

i prefer the 73-87 trucks for wheelin. but the 72 and old trucks are great as performance street trucks.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What does this mean exactly? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you like the south & you are welcome here. But being southern doesn't just mean you like guns & hunting. It means, partly, that this is home. Here, you don't hear someone with a southern accent and go "cool, I love southerners". It's not meant badly, Yankees have plenty to be proud of (I guess) but you can't be southern inside any more than you can be Okinawan inside.
View Quote

Well, I still LIVE in the North, and I'll probably stay here in PA, cause I love it, especially Lancaster. But I identify with the Southern Ideology. The_Beer_Slayer summed it up best:

Quoted:
I kinda always thought of southern as a state of mind. One who believes in tradional values. Free will, Taking care of one's self without expecting the world to give you anything. The sort of thing you find in the south and the heartland.
Those of us in dixie just get the added bonus of living here [:)]. I've met plenty of yankees that were as southern as the best of us rednecks. I've also met plenty of southerners that have no clue what their heritage is.

mike
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Well, I guess I'm not totally Southern- Give me a Coke any day. Pepsi is too darn sweet.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#38]
The only problem with them old Chevys is that damn column shift. Ticks me off.

I almost donated it to the Kidney Foundation but I keep it around because my yankee brother in law borrows it two or three times a year for mulch and firewood and he can't drive it to save his life. Love to come home about dusk to see the truck sitting on the side of the road and a little figure in the distance walking home!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top