Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 6:32:46 PM EDT
Anyone have a bit torrent for Season 3?  Just finished watching the cliff hanger of Season 2 on DVD.  I imagine it'll be 6-12 months before season 3 is on DVD
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:35:00 PM EDT
When did two come out? Hows the music?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:35:36 PM EDT
I must have been asleep at the wheel. I didn't even realize season two had been released.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:43:36 PM EDT
Season 2 was released on Dec 28th.  Netflix of course had it that day, and I had it the next :).

I didn't notice any music on the discs...unless you mean the opening intro and the closing theme?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:44:50 PM EDT
I have every episode from every season of Tour Of Duty. Of course I had to tape them myself (twice). I got them first when it originally aired on CBS in the 80's. But then the tapes deteriorated pretty badly and so I taped the whole series again when TNT ran it. Too bad TNT used cheapo lame music instead of the original songs. The music of Tour Of Duty was as good as the stories themselves.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:47:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I have every episode from every season of Tour Of Duty. Of course I had to tape them myself (twice). I got them first when it originally aired on CBS in the 80's. But then the tapes deteriorated pretty badly and so I taped the whole series again when TNT ran it. Too bad TNT used cheapo lame music instead of the original songs. The music of Tour Of Duty was as good as the stories themselves.

I bought season one and was sorely disappointed with the music. It was a serious part of the show.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:50:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

They're doing that(generic music) for the Quantum Leap dvds too. studio is too cheap to pay the extra licensing fees
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:55:08 PM EDT
I got season's one and two.  They didn't come 12 months apart so season three should be around the corner.  Season 1 came out in July 2004, Season 2 December 28 2004
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:57:06 PM EDT
I used to watch Tour of Duty when I was a kid with my dad.  Never missed one.  Wasn't the opening song Paint it Black?

Also, where to get on DVD?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:51:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By j-fonz:
I used to watch Tour of Duty when I was a kid with my dad.  Never missed one.  Wasn't the opening song Paint it Black?

Also, where to get on DVD?

Yes it was . That show turned me on to the Stones .I still say that is the best song they ever wrote.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:10:56 PM EDT
They were also masters of using music to draw emotion from the audience.

For example, I'll never forget the episode where "Sgt. Decker" (he was supposed to have been Zeke's AIT instructor) joined Zeke's unit. He was an older fella and had shot nerves by this time. His character was also a heavy drinker. The old fella screwed up while on ambush but at the end of the show redeemed himself by commandeering an M60 and holding a flank while the platoon escapes to an LZ. But in the process, Decker is badly wounded. Zeke finds him and picks him up and starts carrying him toward the LZ.

Meanwhile, the rest of the platoon is waiting back at the LZ with the choppers when they have pretty much given up hope that Zeke and Decker are gonna make it back and preparing to leave. About this time, Zeke emerges from the jungle with Decker's lifeless body on his shoulders. At this point Creedence's Clearwater Revival's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" starts to play. I was probably only 11 years old at the time, but man, the emotions I felt were intense as a tear slowly streamed down my face. It was one of only maybe 3 times I ever cried because of something I saw on tv in my entire life.

So yes, the music they chose was very good. And they used jsut the right song at the right time as well. They were masters in that regard.

-CH
Top Top