Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 10:11:56 PM EDT
Any of you guys ever had a real tough Dad?  I mean the kind that said take the trash out when it needed it,and the grass would not get any higher than this and there will be no discusions about it!

Did you try his patience more than once?  What happened when you bucked up against his will?

Did you ever win out against the set rules your family gave you?

Well maybe you were a real earth shaker and a real cool hand luke,but rules are what make the rest of the world work in harmoney!

And The COC is what works here,and if you need too fly up into it's face you will become a statistic to prove that it really works in the long run!

And you will find that you have been cut down just as the weed in the garden to make a productive harvest of the good crop of good intentions!

And the Mods are just  surveyers to tell the gardeners where they need to put the Sevin dusts to eliminate the crop weavils!

All you people that want to undermind this great website are weavils!!!

So don't be Weavils!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes Dad!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
MY dad always gave me shit if I made less then As in school.  After my stepmother wanted me to leave, and tried to kill me once I didnt really give a fuck about school anymore.

I dont see what good the last 4 or 5 years did other then make me more hateful of people and things.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
My daddy told me never to talk to strangers
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
MY dad always gave me shit if I made less then As in school.  After my stepmother wanted me to leave, and tried to kill me once I didnt really give a fuck about school anymore.

I dont see what good the last 4 or 5 years did other then make me more hateful of people and things.

Your step-mother was Joan Crawford?

I can see what you mean!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My daddy told me never to talk to strangers

Was anybody stranger than your dad?

Bob
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can see what you mean!

Bob

Real nice to wake up with a knife on your throat.

I have thought many times about getting some revenge for that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

DUDE!!  WHY HAVE YOU WAITED?!?!  You might be doing your dad a favor!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUDE!!  WHY HAVE YOU WAITED?!?!  You might be doing your dad a favor!

No he seems happy, then they break up once ever 2 years or so for a month or 2 then its all ok again.

I really dont know why I care about it anymore other then one of those revenge from awhile back things, and she isnt on the top of that list anyway.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
When I was growing up, The house rule was:

When dad told me to do something.....I did it
No questions asked
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When I was growing up, The house rule was:

When dad told me to do something.....I did it
No questions asked

+1

Dad didn't take any shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:32:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I can still remember your first post Bob and you still don't make any fucking sense.  

But on topic:  I kust had a mom and she'd slap me or seriously fuck with my ability to have fun if I crossed her.  She is the best mom ever!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can see what you mean!

Bob

A dish best served cold.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:42:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Post made sense to me.

edit - when dad said "do it", it was gonna get done!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Tough Dad?  
Yes, my Dad was tough.

For instance, one time he told me to stop doing something that was irritating him while we were driving in the car. I absentmindedly did it again.  Next thing I know my ear is ringing and it had a pulse and a fever...just my right ear.  I know my Dad smacked me up-side the head from the front seat, but I'll be damned if I saw him do it!

Then there was the time I lied to his face. He kicked me in the ass so hard I did a somersault and pissed my pants in mid-air.  When I landed, he made me go outside without changing my light blue jeans which now had a big dark spot on them.

After a couple of things like that, I quit fuckin' with him and paid attention and told the truth!
I miss my Tough Dad.  He was an effective teacher in some ways...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:27:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, tough father!

Tool & Die Machinist for about 30 years. He and my mother were Polish immmigrants that came over in early 60's. Apparently my grandmother was an American citizen who went back to the old country and married in her 20's.Mom waas raised in Poland oblivious of her nationality. Dad marrried mom and was surprised to find that they could get out because of mother-in-laws and new wife's citizenship. Back to Dad.......

He was tough and believed in tough love. You make a bad choice and he made sure you paid the price. School was first and everything else came after it. We were raised with manners and etiquette. If we strayed from the path he was there to pull you back into line. Yes, at times my brother and I hated it but it made us who we are today. I look back now and realize why he was the way he was. He is a completely different man when he is with my 4 1/2 yr old son and 18 month old daughter.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top