Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 7:00:21 AM EDT
Has anyone else caught this show on VH1?

It is about obsessive people, most are entertainment related. Like a man who spent thousands of dollars recreating a Dukes Of Hazard jump.

They are all big freaks, but I wonder if the general public would think most of us are obsessive about our guns or ammo collections.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Did the jump work?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:06:31 AM EDT
[#2]
how about the one that tries to be Clint Eastwood in his western movies
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
It achieved the distance, but the car came down wrong and another vintage Charger bit the dust.

The most disturbing ones are a woman who wants to weigh 600 pounds and work all the time to increase her weight, and a guy who wants to be the piercing king.

The funniest parts of the show are when they interview friends of the obsessed people, and they usually show the correct disdain for their obsessions.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]

I wonder if the general public would think most of us are obsessive about our guns or ammo collections.

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#5]
people call my love for guns an obsession (even though my collection is nothing compared to most folks here)
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
my brother is obsessed with everything hockey.  it's insane how much crap he collects.  i keep trying to convince him to sell most of it so he can buy one or two really nice things.  he won't budge.  

i get waay into things, music, fishing, guns.. but after a while my interest wanes a bit and i either get into somthing new or go back to something old.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I wonder if the general public would think most of us are obsessive about our guns or ammo collections.

Yes.

At the risk of revealing how little I know about guns and what a groupie I am... [but am learning, really!]...

I am very new to this "scene" and I don't think y'all are any more obsessed about your guns/ammo than anyone else with their hobbies. I can not FATHOM having an obsession about scrapbooking or Tupperware... yet there are many who do! I'm a musician, and many of my fellow musicians eat, breathe and sleep music. There are a lot more examples out there.

I do think the general population has extremely inaccurate information about guns and the laws and rights concerning them... That's why I stick around: because it fascinates me what crap the general public will believe (Kerlikowski in Seattle, for example)!

Donna
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes.

Fraid so, cause the general population are sheeple.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
<------- Not a sheeple!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah the woman is wierd, did you see the  PacMan nerd?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top