Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2001 6:07:32 PM EDT
I need a source for a small T-handle tourque wrench.  The type to reassemble the stock to my
long distance target rifle.  HS precision has one but it's $110!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Craftsman has the beam type in 1/2 inch for about $30. Not a T-handle, but it will work with the AR15/M16 wrenches. It is also more susceptible to losing its calibration than any of the micrometer types. You may also be able to rent one from an auto parts store with a deposit if you're only going to use it for a short time. Sorry, that's all that I can offer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey there,

I got mine here: [url]www.precisionarms.com[/url] but I am local to them, but I'm sure you can have them send you one.  I paid about $65 for mine and it's quite a hefty tool and 3/8" drive too, not 1/4" like the ones in the Brownells catalog which is another source if you dont mind 1/4" drive, [url]www.brownells.com[/url]

HTH,

Steve
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't beat Snap-On quality. You can beat the price but not there quality.
View Quote

Exactly right!! You get what you pay for, but so few seem to hear that.

.I paid about $65 for mine and it's quite a hefty tool and 3/8" drive too, not 1/4" like the ones in the Brownells catalog which is another source if you dont mind 1/4" drive.
View Quote

Craftsaman also has the 3/8 inch drive for about this same price.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I will use cheap tools on the road and keep the good stuff in the shop, but I still carry a Snap-On torque wrench that is calibrated yearly or sooner if it gets dropped, stressed etc.
View Quote

Who/where do you get the recal done?  How much does it run?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top