Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 6:54:30 AM EDT
First I would like to extend my heartfelt sympathies to everyone who has lost a loved one and has had property damage done to them in the areas where the tornadoes hit last night.

News is reporting that store owners are out boarding up windows and doors to prevent looting. Police are asking residents to remain home.
Water supplies may have been contaminated so everyone is being told to boil their water.

See, having some food supplies and other essentials is always a good idea. Proven time and time again whenever a natural disater strikes. Good luck to all our members who may have been affected.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never had to use my SHTF supplies, but cycle through them to make sure they're reasonably fresh.  Here in Earthquake Country we face possible widespread interruptions in service.  They happen less frequently than in Tornado Alley, but when it happens it's big.

Best wishes to all residents of the affected areas.  I was born in KC, Kansas and have many relatives in the area.  They all made it through this one uscathed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't think I've ever been so scared.

Multiple tornados touched down in the KC area. Lots of houses blown apart, lots of damage.

I was out looking at houses with my fiance. Heard the tornado sirens and started heading towards home. It looked like there was a break in the clouds out west where I was going. It looked like the clouds were clearing up.

Dead wrong, it was the fucking tornado. The lightness I thought was a break in the clouds was just sheets of rain and hail. Huge chunks dented the shit out of my car, and I thought it was going to break my windshield. I saw a few chunks that were as big as my fist blowing sideways across the road.

We managed to get off the road and to a gas station. Parked the car underneath the pump roof area and went inside. They lost power and we went to the back. I looked out the window with my girl, and we saw the tornado pass by in the south.

Don't fuck with nature. Nature wins.

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My friend at work emailed this to me:

I was in such awe of  what was going on that I almost didn't get any photos.    We had the kids playing dodge ball in the basement because of the warnings but I was cleaning out  my garage and wasn't too worried.    I saw a car stop in the street and the people started yelling so I went out to see what was going on.   I watch from the middle of the street as it traveled east at the bottom of our hill and then ran to our basement and covered my kids and a neighbors kid with a mattress and then ran back to my van parked in my drive way and started taking pictures as I walked to the front porch to take cover from the hail.    I really wasn't scared until it was over I realized how lucky we were.   The first house I bought after college was damaged  (maybe destroyed) by the same tornado.    Have you heard of any Cerner associates who may have had damage?    

I uploaded the full images to a website for our neighbors

[url]http://quicktornado.freewebsites.com[/url]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#4]
It was pretty exciting here last night...

Tornados to the north and just south of Springfield.  We got in the bathroom with all our pets (6 cats, 3 dogs) and waited it out.  The worst we got was heavy rain, pea-sized hail, and falling debris.

When we went outside we found mangled aluminum siding (about 2'x6'), a sheet of corrugated tin (3'x6'), and a large (4'x8') piece of outbuilding aluminum siding with a 2x4 still screwed into it weighing a good 20 lbs.  Heard on the radio that someone in town found a Monett newspaper (over 40 mi. from Springfield).
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:33:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was in such awe of  what was going on that I almost didn't get any photos.    We had the kids playing dodge ball in the basement because of the warnings but I was cleaning out  my garage and wasn't too worried.    I saw a car stop in the street and the people started yelling so I went out to see what was going on.   I watch from the middle of the street as it traveled east at the bottom of our hill and then ran to our basement and covered my kids and a neighbors kid with a mattress and then ran back to my van parked in my drive way and started taking pictures as I walked to the front porch to take cover from the hail.    I really wasn't scared until it was over I realized how lucky we were.   The first house I bought after college was damaged  (maybe destroyed) by the same tornado.    Have you heard of any Cerner associates who may have had damage?    

View Quote
View Quote

From the link above.........

"The web site you are trying to access either does not exist or has been terminated for violating our policies. Please make sure you entered the web site address correctly and try again. If you received spam advertising this web site, please do not send further complaints about it.
"
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote

From the link above.........

"The web site you are trying to access either does not exist or has been terminated for violating our policies. Please make sure you entered the web site address correctly and try again. If you received spam advertising this web site, please do not send further complaints about it.
"
View Quote

Thankfully I think ahead and figured his free site would crash after too many people got on it...

Here's the pic he got:

[img]http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data/500/5270tornado1-med.jpg[/img]

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#7]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11647[/img]

TRG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top